The Legend Of Zelda The Skyward Sword

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Life is always so boring when I don't have a new Zelda game to look forward to. I FEEL WHOLE AGAIN!

Every time I hear the theme song, I feel like a 6-year-old kid marveling at whatever new stuff I see on the next screen over again.

Is it sad that the SNES game looks funner than this thing???

A Link to the Past? The best Zelda game ever made you mean?

The graphics on this new one, I'm not feeling...I prefer the more gritty and darker look of Twilight Princess. This looks like it has a identity crisis look wise...It's not sure what it wants to be.

Every time I hear the theme song, I feel like a 6-year-old kid marveling at whatever new stuff I see on the next screen over again.

Yeah my blood always gets pumping when I hear it.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/UOa4tXG4EQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/UOa4tXG4EQo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

is nobody else concerned a little about the controls? not trying to be a attention whore or anything, just find it curious is all... to be honest i haven't found a game that compelled me to buy a wii motion plus, and i've never used it. do you guys think the problems miyamoto had will be resolved by release?

is nobody else concerned a little about the controls? not trying to be a attention whore or anything, just find it curious is all... to be honest i haven't found a game that compelled me to buy a wii motion plus, and i've never used it. do you guys think the problems miyamoto had will be resolved by release?

They said it was all good on the floor.

New info:

CASTLE IN THE SKY - In a first for the franchise, Link isn't raised in a village. At least, not one on the ground. He's instead from the land of Skyloft, a floating island in the sky. Link only "discovers" the land below later in life, and finds it overrun by evil. He thus spends the game going between his home in the clouds and the land below (hence the "cloud jump" in the game's trailer).

HUD-BE-GONE - The game's art style may look yummy, but that HUD looks yucky. Thankfully, Aonuma tells us that in the final retail version we'll be able to switch it off.

NEW MAPS - Acknowledging that previous maps in the Zelda series haven't been all they could be, series director Aonuma promises that Skyward's will be easier to follow, and won't leave you as lost as those in other Zelda games.

DOUBLE CONTROL - Similar to Red Steel 2, Skyward will use both the MotionPlus and Wii sensor bar to track your movements, meaning that even if you point the Remote away from the screen, the game will still know where you are.

BOOMING SOUNDTRACK - Mario Galaxy 2 had a big, thunderous orchestral soundtrack. Will Skyward follow suit? Miyamoto says Nintendo couldn't do what it did with Galaxy 2 and not do the same with the next Zelda, which we'll take as a "yes".

2011 - This game won't make 2010, as Miyamoto and Aonuma want to give the development team the rest of the year to complete the game and make sure it's in tip-top shape.

kotaku.com

I just hope that the game isn't as long as Twilight Princess. I was about 35 hours in and about 22% finished, so I just gave up; I might go back to it down the road, but that's just a massive amount of time

I just hope that the game isn't as long as Twilight Princess. I was about 35 hours in and about 22% finished, so I just gave up; I might go back to it down the road, but that's just a massive amount of time

I've always liked that about ALL Zelda games actually. Other games compensate for that by making their games extremely hard. Which is BS.

I've always liked that about ALL Zelda games actually. Other games compensate for that by making their games extremely hard. Which is BS.

I do agree, but there's a line between expansive game and just a massive undertaking just to FINISH the game. Maybe I play slow, which is possible, but I just didn't have the time anymore.

I agree with this. I actually prefer that RPGs take long to get through. Makes the pricetag seem worth it. If it can capture and maintain my attention long enough to make it through 35+ hours of gameplay that's a win in my book.

New trailer for GDC 2011

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m0xl-SFyG9Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Combat looks smooth.

No love for this? I'll be dusting my wii off and splitting my time with this and skyrim on Friday.

This is my first purchase on my wii in a very long time.... zelda is always a day one purchase in our house hold... getting the golden zelda wimote will be a cool bonus as well.

Back