The gunslinger (outlaws of the west) 1:6 scale figure ? limtoys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today and wow I'm blown away, this is beyond any piece I've owned. I'm so happy with how this turned out only 1 qc issue but very happy. 😃

For those that want a lower sitting hat tip..... use warm water, worked a treat!

Lim thank you so much for the love you've put into this now just waiting on my 2nd one.

20211120_121600.jpg
20211120_114817.jpg
20211120_121128.jpg

It's not I need to adjust it which brings me to my next question. On the neck peg it says front. Does that mean it should be facing front?

Mine is on backwards didn't wanna break it.

I looked at that arrow, but didn't discern whether the protruding shape was any different on the opposite side. There's a spare one that doesn't have any writing on it at all.

The shape doesn't actually match the notch inside the sculpt, which is a lot narrower.

So I don't think front or back makes any difference, but I aligned it with the arrow anyway.

As a peg cap it probably does the same job as the rubber cups you normally get inside sculpts, raising the height of the head to the correct level.

Cheers bud, will say that coat is very very tight. No idea how the production team put those on 😂 Do wish the pants had more even weathering rather than just knees. Overall I love this!

Few more shots.

20211120_192107.jpg
20211120_192055.jpg
20211120_192030.jpg

Cheers bud, will say that coat is very very tight. No idea how the production team put those on 😂 Do wish the pants had more even weathering rather than just knees. Overall I love this!

Few more shots.

View attachment 546919View attachment 546920View attachment 546922

Nice shots. :)

The jacket is tight, since Arthur's been working out over the last two years. :lol

But the tailoring is really good. Just takes a bit of effort to get it off, or on.

A bit easier getting it onto the Lando Bandido figure.

Diorama ideas...

While a secondary choice would be an outdoor desert setting with a cactus and boulder or two, an indoor or storefront from the game would be fun.

ce9fd9cac8dfe819cd9056c9ed69b2a3.jpg

For manufactured ones, the Boonetown one from 2012 is sadly no longer around.

C_11.jpg
C_10.jpg

But the Haberdashery door one can still be found if you look hard enough. Both Boonetown and Haberdaskery are at least an inch taller than the default Detolf shelf height however. The stove pipe in Haberdashery set was not included in the final product.

DOH001-14.jpg
DOH002_6.jpg

Or perhap repurpose a middle-eastern set to be a Mexico Adobe spot?

Awesome Valley SAND VALLEY 2.jpg

Has anyone else thought of settings? Maybe a winter one? Is there a particular location in the Red Dead game that would be something everyone would be interested in?

I cant wait to get my hands on this figure. It being in transit is killing me. It comes with so much, I just need an extra body, shirt and pants and ill be able to make a winter version of Arthur. So damn awesome!

My Arthur arrived a bit early, so that was nice.
But I gotta say I'm rather disappointed with the final product, now that I have it in-hand. I've noticed in all the pictures, the hat sits high on the head, and the chest seemed rather big, I figured it was just bad futzing, but now that I have it in-hand ... nope, that's the way it is.

I understand there was already a discussion about how Rockstar placed his hat higher on his head during cutscenes and all that, but I don't agree with the decision to mimic that. Having it sit there as is, it looks goofy, sitting so high on his head. The high-hat look might look better in cutscenes, but in real life, looking at the entirety of the figure, the hat is too high on the head, in proportion to the entire look. I keep on looking at the figure and want to push the hat further down on his head, but I can't.

And he's got this thick upper body that's out of proportion with the lower half. He's got this V-shaped torso, like a body builder, not like a strongman. I think it's because the shoulders are actual ball-shaped joints, and not the oval-shaped joints that allow the arms to rest more easily at the sides. The chest restricts the shoulder movement. It's bad enough when clothing restricts articulation, but when the body itself restricts articulation, that's even worse. I took the jacket off to try and see if I could figure out how to make the shoulder joints work, and articulate them like I wanted, but now I dread putting the jacket back on because it was such a tight fit. And then even getting the jacket off didn't solve the problem

One of the hammers has come loose off the shotgun. I can peg it back into place, but it falls out with the slightest touch.

The panel on the side of the rifle fell off, so then the lever was loose and it eventually fell off. So I had to take the panel off and see how the lever attached to the internal mechanism to get it to fit securely so it wasn't loose. But I'm sure the panel will fall off again, and I have to repeat that whole process.

The lantern mechanism is extremely temperamental. It sort of lights up, not brightly, and not when I tighten it, it briefly lights up as I screw it in. But when it's fully tightened, it doesn't light up.

A boot spur was broken in the package. The actual spur itself was loose in the package. Same with the deputy star. At this point I'm not sure if I'm missing any accessories, but with the empty spots in the trays, and things jostling around, I can't be certain.

I feel like this whole figure is an example of "not seeing the forest for the trees". The hair sculpts are the closest thing I've seen to Hot Toys style, the crisp mold and that shimmering paint, the details on the boots, the wood grain on the guns. It really is packed with detail. But everything is so fragile that I'm afraid to handle it. Pieces have already broken off before I even took it out of the package. The body is detailed and muscular but the whole of it doesn't look right. He's got big ball-shaped shoulders that inhibit articulation and don't look like a realistic human being.

The thing about Hot Toys is ... these sorts of things don't happen. When I open a Hot Toys figure, there's not broken or loose accessories loose in the box. Things aren't falling off the figure. The tolerances on the hair/head is so tight that the paint dried on the head and is chipped just removing the hair. I read the instructions, about how you pry the hair apart to slip it back on the head, so you don't break the strands. This isn't that, the paint has dried and 'glued' itself to the hair, so when you pull the hair off, it pulls the paint off the headsculpt.

At this point, I'm worried about John Marston. If this was a character I actually wanted and cared about, I'd be a lot more disappointed.

The articulation of the body has to be addressed for the next figure. I've spent last night and this morning trying to futz with this thing, and I absolutely cannot get the shoulders/chest how I want it to look. I keep wanting to push the shoulders down to get a natural-looking slope and it just won't happen. And the more I futz with the figure, that's when parts are breaking or falling off.

Had I bought this from a retailer stateside I would probably ask for a straight-up return to get my money back, like I did with BBTS and the Asmus Gandalf, that figure was a mess. I'm hoping that KGHobby will at least be able to replace the accessories that have broken or fall apart.

The hat is adjustable, you can move it around a bit to suit your preference. The first two pictures show the hat all the way up, and the latter two show it all the way down. I will agree that it rides a bit high in the back when pushed forward/down, but it’s not any worse than how an actual hat would look IMO. I don’t think a ton of people who ordered this figure realize how adjustable the hat actually is, since you’re not the only person in this thread who’s complained about it.

Personally, I like the options that LIM have given us in regards to the hat. Not only can we choose between two different hairstyles to go with the hat, but the fact that we can even adjust the way the hat sits is something that I haven’t seen on many other 1:6 hatted figures, at least when it comes to those with swappable hatted hair. I’m also really glad that they chose the swappable hair rather than trying to make a sculpt that works well with and without the hat (looking at you, VTS).

I really can’t sing this figure’s praises enough. Even though my collection is small, it’s without a doubt my favorite, and will surely remain that way as my collection grows.

3BFC614B-2A20-431D-B31B-2BD379D13FA8.jpeg
B90A4A80-074B-4AFF-96B8-AFA5E36D95B1.jpeg
0342AE74-655C-4EDF-9B21-569C088E57FD.jpeg
DFC4F32D-1FC1-433E-AA41-1A4D57533CFB.jpeg

Okay, he just arrived, looks the goods, but i'm an idiot...where's the Winter coat? Was that a part of the accesories kit, or the other branded Gunslinger figure?

I got mine a couple of days ago. I love it. Jacket is a little tight, but it’s great.

Attachments

• 020D19DC-50A9-4B60-B7C4-454ECDBA4586.jpeg
    020D19DC-50A9-4B60-B7C4-454ECDBA4586.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 91
Got this figure in on the 10th this month one of the best figures I have in my collection when I got it in unfortunately one of the spinning chambers from the revolvers was missing in one of them like Astas did but I emailed giantoy where I got it from and they said that they would get me a replacement I also messaged R_R_X about the situation and he was a great deal of help assuring me that replacements were available and just to contact giantoy about it so thanks again R_R_X for the help and support other than that I'm really impressed by the quality there was alot of love and care put into this product and I can't wait to see what else they have in store (also wanted to ask is anyone else having trouble putting the gloved hands on the arms while wearing the winter coat I can't seem to have them stay attached and can't get the actual flexible end of the gloves to go through the arm pieces of the jacket if anyone has a solution please let me know)

Got this figure in on the 10th this month one of the best figures I have in my collection when I got it in unfortunately one of the spinning chambers from the revolvers was missing in one of them like Astas did but I emailed giantoy where I got it from and they said that they would get me a replacement I also messaged R_R_X about the situation and he was a great deal of help assuring me that replacements were available and just to contact giantoy about it so thanks again R_R_X for the help and support other than that I'm really impressed by the quality there was alot of love and care put into this product and I can't wait to see what else they have in store (also wanted to ask is anyone else having trouble putting the gloved hands on the arms while wearing the winter coat I can't seem to have them stay attached and can't get the actual flexible end of the gloves to go through the arm pieces of the jacket if anyone has a solution please let me know)

The gloves were a problem with the winter coat.

The holes are larger than in the hands, so there isn't much friction to keep them on. Especially when you try to pull the sleeves over the gauntlet part, as it'll tend to push the glove off the peg.

I found the best method was to first put some blue tack in the hole in the glove.

Then push the gauntlet part under the sleeve, before finally pushing the glove onto the peg.

THanks that is literally the
The gloves were a problem with the winter coat.

The holes are larger than in the hands, so there isn't much friction to keep them on. Especially when you try to pull the sleeves over the gauntlet part, as it'll tend to push the glove off the peg.

I found the best method was to first put some blue tack in the hole in the glove.

Then push the gauntlet part under the sleeve, before finally pushing the glove onto the peg.
Thats the only problem that I'm having was trying to do that for 30 min straight thanks for the tip I did notice the circles in the hand was bigger than the wrist peg

I actually noticed both of mine have different types of wrist pegs. One set is a bit more secure but getting any hand on is tough and the other is a slimmer set which aren’t as tight.

Back