The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spiderverse 2 was a failure? $675 million worldwide compared to $385 million for the first one. I bet they hope 3 is a failure too lol.

I'll have to amend that then -- had read here that it didn't do well, and seeing that's its already gone and no one is talking about it I figured they were correct.

I remember Star Wars lasting over a year. I still have the newspaper ad somewhere with the Kenner figures all around the one-year birthday cake.
impressive darth vader GIF

I thought Affleck's Batman was pretty great during the chase scene (apart from end with the lasso BS). Some nice dialogue, serious, take charge, straight to the point.

I thought Affleck's Batman was pretty great during the chase scene (apart from end with the lasso BS). Some nice dialogue, serious, take charge, straight to the point.

The characterization actually seemed okay. The CG was cartoon-y and the massive amounts of collateral damage to civilians (both onscreen and not shown) kinda took me out of it along with physics-defying Bats ... the end of that scene I'm thinking dislocated shoulders if not snapped necks and spines for both of them LOL ... as if the rest of the chase wasn't over the top. :LOL:

We’ll be moving the goalpost shortly. “Gunn didn’t greenlight or produce or write Blue Beetle! He isn’t in the credits at all!”

…. Which is true.

Still don’t envy the storm coming his way or how he’s tried to hype it as part of the new DCU.
Yeah, I’m sure that’s what they’ll say. But the point is, he cut the whole 2023 slate off at the knees by announcing that they were rebooting everything in 2025. I know in the case of Blue Beetle, Gunn tried to mitigate the disaster by saying something to the affect of Blue Beetle the character is going to be the same version in the new DCU, even though his movie isn’t part of the continuity. But I think that’s just more confusing to general audiences.

WB doing the dirty on Cavill was the final nail in the DC coffin for me. I might see joker 2 and batman 2 at the cinema but doubt I will be back for anything in the Gunnverse unless word of mouth is extremely good (even GotG3 couldn't get me in the cinema). Unlike a batman or superman solo movie series I don't think you can keep the audience and reboot a shared cinematic universe - it no longer has the excitement of the first time something happened and the audience is going to be wary of getting invested in case it all gets rebooted again if the box offices don't pan out.

I hope Nolan gets the Bond gig and Cavill puts on the tuxedo for 007 and it's set in 60s.

sooooooo. Nobody here is seeing blue beetle huh? No interest in figures, no thread , no nothing. I mean come on guys. Sheesh. The most popular speedster on the planet bombed hard at the box office and not even Batman could save it. It got crushed by Barbie and sad depressed bomb guy. They need a win. So come on everybody let’s ask Howard to give us that blue beetle preorder!

If black Adam got a figure then so can this guy!

No?

Ok I’ll see myself out.

sooooooo. Nobody here is seeing blue beetle huh? No interest in figures, no thread , no nothing. I mean come on guys. Sheesh. The most popular speedster on the planet bombed hard at the box office and not even Batman could save it. It got crushed by Barbie and sad depressed bomb guy. They need a win. So come on everybody let’s ask Howard to give us that blue beetle preorder!

If black Adam got a figure then so can this guy!

No?

Ok I’ll see myself out.
7eeea146d4b47f474d365a7d46d08c90d79bc52b.gif

Morbius got a figure. Anything is possible.

Is there already a Blue Beetle movie? I haven't heard anything about it. That generic piece of blue glowing CGI looks creatively bankrupt from a design standpoint, is that actual character footage?

Back