The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like "The Flash" is the "Meteor" of superhero flicks -- it's time is long passed, yet it clings to the hope that with clever casting it will get you into the seat.

I feel like "The Flash" is the "Meteor" of superhero flicks -- it's time is long passed, yet it clings to the hope that with clever casting it will get you into the seat.
The 1979 Meteor? I had to look that one up - I had no idea it even existed. But then I was a sophomore in college when it came out with little time or money for anything but the buzziest of films...

The 1979 Meteor? I had to look that one up - I had no idea it even existed.
I figured most would.

But as a kid I always remember Bond (Connery) being used to sell an outdated disaster movie... and it began that kind of discussion about "what the hell is Hollywood thinking?" for my friends. Like some people in Hollywood just didn't understand that the disaster craze had been over for 4-6 years already.

I don’t see any universe where WB can continue making DC movies.

They’re going to sell the entire cape thing!

No corporation can continue to bleed out consecutively like this and remain afloat.

Layoffs are definitely coming.

The Batman wasn’t a mega hit either.

Muschietti ain’t directing any cape movie after this no matter what WB says to the media we all know that game already.

Harley standalone movie bombed
Suicide Squad bombed
Black Adam bombed
Shazam 2 bombed
Flash bombed

One after the other after the other after the other…

Hey WB remember when you thought BvS bombed at nearly 900 million..

1687125350676.gif

Last edited:

No corporation can continue to bleed out consecutively like this and remain afloat.

Muschietti ain’t directing any cape movie after this no matter what WB says to the media we all know that game already.

Suicide Squad bombed
Black Adam bombed
Shazam 2 bombed
Flash bombed

View attachment 645558
Valid points. Blue Beetle, barring the unforeseen, will not make much of an impact. Superman Legacy doesn't seem to have a lot riding on it, but everything.

Suicide Squad bombed
Black Adam bombed
Shazam 2 bombed
Flash bombed

One after the other after the other after the other…

View attachment 645558

What they need is either a Martha standalone movie or, better yet, a Martha team up movie. :chase

Every single DC movie with the exception of Wonder Woman, Joker and to a lesser extent The Batman, sucks beyond belief. And this is someone with a high tolerance for superhero films and willing to look past a lot of mediocrity (aka. Pretty much everything marvel phase 4)

And yes I’m including suicide squad 2 in that too.

This movie isn’t nearly as bad as the dumpster fire it could have been. It could and should have been a 3/10 movie and I’m sure had the studio not threw millions into the editing and rework it would t have made it to the barely salvageable place it is at what I’d rate a 6/10

Suffice to say it ALMOST worked and there’s a lot of it that is promising.

Even with weird CGI, grotesque babies for no reason, and face slapping vomit inducing cameos, ******* loser/creep Ezra Miller x2, and the fact that like always Dc is aimlessly and blatantly ripping off marvel but in unsuccessful and nonsensical ways - it came close to working.

But it didn’t.

And James gun could have totally put an end to the already nonsensical DCU continuity and totally wiped the ******** of all the old movies in one fell swoop cherry picking the things that do work (like Gal’s Wonder Woman, battisen, maybe joker etc.) to start fresh with a new continuity.

Instead they chose to make things even more confusing and worse than they were before.

Back