The Flash - July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brandon Routh all over again.

Cavill IS SUPERMAN!

Corenswet looks like a squished Cavill.

Plus we already have Reeve-sweat.

superman2zod1.png

So I did get to see this.
It's not terrible, but it's not really good either.

The opening third is by far the worst. The baby-saving sequence is terrible, the lasso of truth joke is lame and straight out of Whedon's bag of tricks (and to be fair, it was better in Whedon's JL), Affleck was unimpressive as Batman and the suit is horrendous... the new Flash suit also looks terrible. Thank god they didn't change Wonder Woman's. And she just oozes charisma.

The character bits, on the other hand, were pretty good. Affleck and Miller are great as Bruce and Barry, and Barry's interactions with his dad and Iris are also very good. I also liked Keaton, I think they wrote a very believable and relatable older Bruce/Batman, and he delivers. It was a bit funny how they ripped off the Vader-Luke finale of ROTJ, but it works.
Sasha Calle was great as Supergirl, I really liked her character. There was a great story there somewhere, about her imprisonment, her mission, her allegiances... too bad there wasn't time in the movie to explore it all.
The battle against Zod and the sequence with the inverse Flash were kinda meh. Too much bad CGI and a very pedestrian cinematography/photography didn't help those sequences. If they knew they wouldn't get great photorealistic CGI anyway, they should've gone with some sort of ghost-zone effect, just some sort of distortion to mask the short-comings.

There's a lot of very interesting ideas, and a lot of human drama, but I don't think it really connects in the end.

I was afraid they would end Batfleck with that terrible final shot where Batman throws the batarang without looking. Fun chase scene.

Glad they saluted Batfleck out of the DCEU with a serious, one to one talk with Barry about not letting tragedy define him. No comedy, just a simple advice from a guy that’s been through it all.
‘Maybe another time’ line was definitely a farewell to Batfleck fans. He’s done, DC is done. Time to move on.

The extreme stark contrast between his Batman persona and Bruce Wayne was fun to see. There were some Snyderverse nods during the chase, some Josstice League cringe during his final Batman moments. I like how they embraced the self awareness. (Ben probably too, his grin when he saw Wonderwoman haha). Obviously I prefer his Batman portrayal of ZSJL, but like I said before, I like how this Batman is a mix between Josstice League and Snyderverse, and his Bruce is full on Snyderverse.

Compare this to Keaton. His Batman and Bruce Wayne mannerisms are very much alike. Blended into this bad ass cocktail. That man gives 0 fooks.
When Keaton said his nuts line, I knew it was not only a callback but a signal to the audience that the movie is going to get turned to 11 and they really went there.

With the amount of bonkers poo that’s going on in this, I’m pleasantly surprised.
I don’t care for Keaton but the movie made me respect his Batman.
The way he got absolutely bodyslammed, I thought he must be dead, and he really died.

There were barely moments where the visual doesn’t match with what’s happening. Nice fast pacing without taking you out of the movie.

8.1/10
One of my favorite line is when the other Flash screamed ‘LET’S GOOOOO’ during the peak of the fight. That face he makes when he’s saying that lol. Great acting overall, but Ezra was definitely the star. Excellent actor.

Epic, FUN, emotional comicbook movie.

Last edited:
I believe that as the year's roll by BvS will become a classic similar to The Shining and Blade Runner. Poor initial reviews and box office that didn't meet expectations. I've witnessed quite a few people finally "get it" recently.

I also think that no matter what Gunn does, Snyder's unfinished saga will haunt WB and be the subject that is repeatedly discussed for the foreseeable future.
This guy fooks.

I believe that as the year's roll by BvS will become a classic similar to The Shining and Blade Runner. Poor initial reviews and box office that didn't meet expectations. I've witnessed quite a few people finally "get it" recently.

I also think that no matter what Gunn does, Snyder's unfinished saga will haunt WB and be the subject that is repeatedly discussed for the foreseeable future.
I prefer ZSJL, for its more upbeat and hopeful tone. And that score. One day I’ll put this score on during sex. Trust me.

Glad they saluted Batfleck out of the DCEU with a serious, one to one talk with Barry about not letting tragedy define him. No comedy, just a simple advice from a guy that’s been through it all.
Agreed, that was a great scene to bid farewell to Batfleck. I especially liked how Barry realises the wisdom of his Bruce Wayne's words once he sees the reality of the other Bruce Wayne's life when he says he doesn't know who he is when he's not Batman... that was some very nice writing right there.
It's too bad it all gets lost in the candy-colored CGI crap-fest that bookmarks the movie.

So he says. But I live in hope.

If we got ZSJL anything is possible.
Nah they need to just do a very hard reset on everything. The people def don’t like anything that comes out of the dceu except probably Wonder Woman and maybe aquaman so it’s def time to put on new skin. Lol.

The way he got absolutely bodyslammed, I thought he must be dead, and he really died.

I just watched MoS last night and man, even Superman is struggling with Nam-Ek! He gets ****** up AND he has super powers.

Keaton didn’t stand a chance.

He had 3 other filmed death scenes, as did Supergirl, before this final one. One included getting ejected and decapitated in the Batwing (ala Goose from Top Gun) and getting his neck broken by Nam-Ek. They condensed them down to two.

Pretty good death scene. If you gotta go, go with a smile.

Just out of the theater for this one. It was pretty fun. The kids liked it too. I think this was probably the best to come out of the DCEU since BvS. Then again, that's not a very high bar.

I'm not counting ZSJL unless WB counts that as canon.

I count zsjl as canon lol. It just a better movie. The dceu is already a mess so why not

Ok so this is the best then from JSJL. :lol

While I think Supergirl was hot, I prefer Melissa Benoist's version. :lol Sasha kinda reminds me of that boy in the move Panic Room. :lol

Kristen_Stewart_at_Berlinale_2023.jpg

Back