The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which is a shame as it is still the best film in the trilogy with the best outfit and a proper Gotham city being particular highlights.

It is also the last Batman film made with being serious plus entertaining and fun in mind before they became more of a slogfest.

23BFD42F-9F94-44DA-875C-D91E155B678F.gif

To each their own of course. You like what you like and Begins is certainly a solid film in a strong trilogy.

Won’t disagree that TDKR could be a bit of a slogfest but I don’t think many would feel that way about TDK though.

Which is a shame as it is still the best film in the trilogy with the best outfit and a proper Gotham city being particular highlights.

It is also the last Batman film made with being serious plus entertaining and fun in mind before they became more of a slogfest.
TDK is the best film in the trilogy and is extremely entertaining

How is it inaccurate? :unsure:
the joker GIF

OT knows Bat’s cowl better than he knows himself. Some say OT drinks his coffe on a bat-cowl shaped cup, in his bat-cowl shaped home… all rumors aside though, he makes the most accurate bat cowls in 1:6 and 1:4 scale. Latest version is absolutely sick.

DX19 is alright until you see his cowl… then you can’t unsee how wrong you were. I’d advice against looking at OT’s stuff, but you can always have a look at his insta.

the joker GIF

OT knows Bat’s cowl better than he knows himself. Some say OT drinks his coffe on a bat-cowl shaped cup, in his bat-cowl shaped home… all rumors aside though, he makes the most accurate bat cowls in 1:6 and 1:4 scale. Latest version is absolutely sick.

DX19 is alright until you see his cowl… then you can’t unsee how wrong you were. I’d advice against looking at OT’s stuff, but you can always have a look at his insta.
Batman Thumbs Up GIF

the joker GIF

You cannot „not see his cowl“, he posts it all over in every Nolan Batman figure thread. 😅 I know, he needs to keep the business running, a man needs to eat, so no harm.

I have seen his cowl and it is nice, but personally I am still very happy with the DX19 stock cowl and feel no urge to switch it.

As Gipetto said, Bale Batman is on their product list although that was circulated a while ago now.

Plans can change, but The Dark Knight Trilogy is significant enough that it would be surprising if they didn’t make Batman to go with Joker. So people are willing to wait.

And I’m sure they want to take another shot at Hot Toys with this license since Hot Toys came into a new level of prominence back then with their TDK figures.

View attachment 634642

I sure hope that Superman means Reeve's Superman.

By Chinese collectors? Maybe only when Inart's DC license becomes international.

Don’t think they’re just looking at domestic market demand. They know their figures aren’t really difficult to get for people who follow them.

I agree those particular figures might only be worthwhile with a broader license. But they’re probably always looking at ways to justify an expansion of their license to DC anyway.

When Sideshow became the exclusive distributor for Hot Toys in the US, it created a monopoly, which very quickly lead to a significant rise in prices for Hot Toys figures in the US - far outpacing inflation, rise in supply and material costs, and the pricing of the same figures abroad. Great for Sideshow, bad for third party retailers, horrible for consumers.

This is of course almost always the end result of monopolies, due to the reduction of competition and consumer choice. When a single distributor inserts itself as a middle man, every retailer has to pay that extra "middleman tax" to get the product in stock, which limits their ability to provide discounts to consumers.

Of course, there have been many factors that have lead to the rise in Hot Toys prices and 1/6 figures in general, over the years. I'm not saying that they'd still be at 2009 prices if Sideshow hadn't become Hot Toys' exclusive distributor. But they would almost certainly be lower than they are now, had that never occurred. (If you are a newer collector, I would advise against looking at the prices were were paying 10-14 years ago - it will certainly dishearten you!)

the joker GIF

His stuff is excellent, definitely leagues better than hot toys, but the cost is near or more than the full figure, which to me is ridiculous for a piece of black plastic. If it was like $100 just for a better cowl I’d definitely buy it.
Of course if I talk 💩 now but if I stop buying other crap I’d love to get a Batman Begins cowl from him. It’s so beautiful 😍

I do see the "updates" with the armory cowl, as miniscule as they may be. But they should have been incorporated into DX19. Hopefully we'll get better shots for comparison when the masked HS is released. Bale HS issues aside, this set goes hard for me. PO'ed!
20230419_072142.jpg

20230419_130700.jpg

20230418_095522.jpg

Back