The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His stuff is excellent, definitely leagues better than hot toys, but the cost is near or more than the full figure, which to me is ridiculous for a piece of black plastic. If it was like $100 just for a better cowl I’d definitely buy it.
Of course if I talk 💩 now but if I stop buying other crap I’d love to get a Batman Begins cowl from him. It’s so beautiful 😍
Thank you. If I was selling pieces of black plastic I would agree with you about the pricing.

Is this a 3D printing artifact? Hmmm...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-19 134706.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-19 134706.png
    531.7 KB · Views: 0
The Hot Toys giraffe neck is so evident on those comparison photos.
I agree it seems long. In some cases the throat mesh starts right above his collar, but not others. I think that's one thing the DX19 has on this, but I do like the new mesh details.
20230419_170447.jpg

Last edited:
I gotta say, this cowl annoys me more than any one before it just because of the eye holes. Way too agressive, to the point where they look like a cartoonish reinterpretation of the real thing. And I’m nowhere near as picky as OT or many others in this forum but it’s very easy to see how messed up they are and how that will change his look.

Still it’s a preview so there’s time for it to get fixed. The list of things to get fixed imo are:

- Bat cowl’s eye-holes. If the rest stays the same, it’d be an ok cowl imo.
- Bale’s sculpt. Seems like the first fig where there’s too much detail. Literally, since there’s invented details in the face. Need to step it down a notch. Eyes could be better too.
- The statue’s muscles. Another thing they need to tone down. Heck, they’d even safe costs and material probably. That an ounce less of material to send too.

The idea of this pack is ok, I’d rather have a fig as they did with the previous armory but… it’s ok. I just think 565 is a ludicrous price to ask for those kinds of mistakes, and I’m hoping they fix them since then it’d fit perfectly next to Jokor otherwise.

There are mistakes on both DX19 and this. There is no HT TDK Batman that is screen-accurate. I don't know why they can't study the original costume, and continue getting some things right in one case and these same things wrong in another version.

When Sideshow became the exclusive distributor for Hot Toys in the US, it created a monopoly, which very quickly lead to a significant rise in prices for Hot Toys figures in the US - far outpacing inflation, rise in supply and material costs, and the pricing of the same figures abroad. Great for Sideshow, bad for third party retailers, horrible for consumers.

This is of course almost always the end result of monopolies, due to the reduction of competition and consumer choice. When a single distributor inserts itself as a middle man, every retailer has to pay that extra "middleman tax" to get the product in stock, which limits their ability to provide discounts to consumers.

Of course, there have been many factors that have lead to the rise in Hot Toys prices and 1/6 figures in general, over the years. I'm not saying that they'd still be at 2009 prices if Sideshow hadn't become Hot Toys' exclusive distributor. But they would almost certainly be lower than they are now, had that never occurred. (If you are a newer collector, I would advise against looking at the prices were were paying 10-14 years ago - it will certainly dishearten you!)

I disagree with this perspective. They're not a monopoly simply because they are a sole distributor in the US. If Hot Toys was located in the US they'd be their own distributor and set the pricing. Most overseas manufacturers use a US distributor or wholesaler to sell and transport inventory to US retailers. And it’s not at all unusual for a distributor, or a manufacturer itself, to also act as retailer and compete with the same retailers they supply. There are not many products these days that you can’t buy from multiple points in the supply chain. It’s also entirely normal that retailers must maintain a certain price point as a condition of carrying a product(line), or else lose the ability to continue retailing that product.

it's all perfectly normal. You may not like it, but it's the way many overseas companies sell in the US market. That's why retailers like Amazon and Best Buy etc. are prevented from offering discounts on tons of different items, like Apple products and designer handbags and on and on.

Last edited:
I'm curious what people think about the permanently painted on "dew' effect on the armory?
That’s one that we need to see actual release piece I think, but yeah… I believe if it wasn’t there no one would say “this’d be better with dew on it”.

Again, follows the trend on this announcement imo: they went a little too far. For anyone who’s edited pictures or video, seems like when you are tired and say… “well just this little bit more here and…”. Then next day you get back to it and…

D3853316-D51E-4D8C-B9ED-A7F1F5E2D7C8.jpeg

Seems like that was their state of mind doing this whole announcement.

BTW, as a spaniard, you are welcome for this masterpiece in art restoration. It’s called Ecce Homo and should you visit our country, don’t dare miss it!

You can clearly see in these comparison pics, that the eyes on the cowl on the Bat suit from the hot toys Dark Knight Rises armory are way too narrow, compared to the eyes on the cowl from the movie, so i REALLY hope hot toys fixes this issue before the armory starts shipping out........:)

You can clearly see in these comparison pics, that the eyes on the cowl on the Bat suit from the hot toys Dark Knight Rises armory are way too narrow, compared to the eyes on the cowl from the movie, so i REALLY hope hot toys fixes this issue before the armory starts shipping out........:)
SHHHHHHHH

I don't know, the right side of the cowl on the armory version seems to match up but looks narrower on the left. But the brow of the cowl on the DX19 seems like it doesn't slope far enough when it meets at the bridge of the nose.
20230419_212334.jpg

20230419_211610.jpg

bh187-jim-carrey.gif

Attachments

• 20230419_072142.jpg
    20230419_072142.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 1
I disagree with this perspective. They're not a monopoly simply because they are a sole distributor in the US. If Hot Toys was located in the US they'd be their own distributor and set the pricing. Most overseas manufacturers use a US distributor or wholesaler to sell and transport inventory to US retailers. And it’s not at all unusual for a distributor, or a manufacturer itself, to also act as retailer and compete with the same retailers they supply. There are not many products these days that you can’t buy from multiple points in the supply chain. It’s also entirely normal that retailers must maintain a certain price point as a condition of carrying a product(line), or else lose the ability to continue retailing that product.

it's all perfectly normal. You may not like it, but it's the way many overseas companies sell in the US market. That's why retailers like Amazon and Best Buy etc. are prevented from offering discounts on tons of different items, like Apple products and designer handbags and on and on.

There's nothing wrong with maintaining price points.. the problem is the price point itself. It's based on excessive greed and hey that's their business. Sideshow abuses their role as distributor and absolutely operates with the intention of being a monopoly. They strong arm not just US retailers but also retailers across the globe. One example of this is that US retail shops that work with them can't carry certain brands/products that Sideshow dictates. In fact, these retailers can't even import any Hot Toys if they wanted to for whatever reason (Cheaper cost, earlier release, exclusives, etc) without Sideshow completely shutting them out. You MUST get all your stock from them and only what they offer you. Oh and they decide when you get stock (After they fulfill the majority of their own retail customer orders). I won't even mention how they bully overseas retailers..

As more high quality licensed 1/6 scale and statue companies pop up that compete with their current offerings, we'll see just how much Sideshow wants to control the market. Inart is a small example. Despite their products having an Asia exclusive license, NOTHING is stopping our favorite US retailers from importing these products for their own customers. So why don't they? Unfortunately they are at the mercy of Sideshow. Which US retailers carry Inart? I can only name two and they clearly don't work with Sideshow. Good luck to Sideshow because collectors won't always want their products or those of any brand they distribute for. Collectors will find a way to get whatever it is that they want. So yeah.. not sustainable business and not the most retailer/collector-friendly IMO

Shapes aren’t subjective.
The only thing i see wrong with the cowl for the hot toys Dark Knight Rises armory, is that the eyes are just too narrow, as the eyes on the DX19 are rounded, just like the cowl in the movie.......:)

Back