The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can do without the bale sculpt but I don't think it will be any worse when released. I'll be displaying the new batsuit as my main Batman and Dx19 a in the armory. Though I'll be tempted to just buy a separate body from ebay to use for the armory instead.

Happy i didn't bought DX19. BTW, if InArt doesn't start releasing and delivering what they promised it's out. Hot Toys is reacting so well. Joker from Inart at the end had a lot of mistakes and i see a new Joker from Hot Toys soon.

I just noticed this won't come with accessories for the Batman figure I'm guessing? So keeping the Dx19 for the other stuff would still be fine. Doubt any of the gadgets in the armory are removable only other thing I wished they included was the grapple gun's holster that can attach to the side of the belt.

I mean, some of you complain how ****** their releases are but you all still buy them, so they keep making them :dunno

I dig it, honestly. The Wayne sculpt looks just as good if not better than the custom ones I’ve seen around that ppl pay through the nose for, to me at least. The statue idea is pretty neat. Dig the upgrades to the suit as well as FINALLY getting new hand sculpts seeing how HT has been previously using the same ones since the original MMS71. Also, really like the water droplets/mist on the armory itself. No updated EMP gun with full lights, sticky bomb gun or backpack with this release from the looks. Not to mention, no LED sculpt, so the DX19 still has some value I guess. Might be worth it to just sell the DX19 for parts and keep the few bits that this one doesn’t come with should I decide to go with this figure.

Looking forward to what the masked headsculpt and mouthpieces look like on this one. Wonder if the neck will still be magnetic

Won’t PO right away though as I want to wait and see what the InArt version will look like and what it comes with.

All this said, as nice as this updated set looks, I think the Begins suit still needed the upgrade more than the TDK/TDKR suit. Maybe they’ll release it under the TDK license as an “original costume” 2.0

Still wonder if Catwoman will get an updated headsculpt during production (probably not but would be cool) or will that be for the next-next one like they did with the DX19 and this one :lol

Last edited:
Why can't they do the same thing for ANH characters ? (Farm boy Luke, Han + Chewie, old Ben and white princess Leia Leia) I missed out almost on everything due to not to not collecting at that time.

Licensing fees maybe? It's probably a lot cheaper to flood the market with troopers and Mandalorians than to pay a fee for Han Solo.

Looks like I have to get a batpod to go with DX19 now while the suit from this release is stand alone.

Meh. I get my DC figures from InArt or Mars for now....apart from 89 Bats.

This head sculpt looks weird. Like it doesn't look human. It looks like an alien wearing a Bale mask. The bone structure is really weird.
Thank Christ someone said it!
The sculpt isn't just walking the Uncanny Valley, its built an entire settlement in it and is running for First Mayor of the Uncanny Valley with a mind to become Minister for Unsettling Imagery and Lovecraftian Horror.
This face looks like something someone would turn into in a David Cronenberg movie, it looks like the Thing from Thing if it hadn't quite perfected mimicking human faces yet, it looks like Buffalo Bill if he wanted to make a skin suit of former Batman actors......
Jesus Christ its horrifying.
The skin looks so wet, like he has to moisturize his flesh mask...

Last edited:
Why can't they do the same thing for ANH characters ? (Farm boy Luke, Han + Chewie, old Ben and white princess Leia Leia) I missed out almost on everything due to not to not collecting at that time.

I would say it’s because InArt doesn’t have a Star Wars license.

A lot of what Hot Toys does with DC is motivated by InArt breathing down their neck.

Someone has never watched BvS or the town. Dude was absolutely shredded.
That workout scene in BvS never sat right with me. His pec striations looked cg and his ab insertions looked totally different than they did in the Town.

Back