The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B/c of how inaccurate the DX19 is :dunno

they literally show you in the pics how the new suit has been updated be more accurate than the DX19.

Yes it was very nice of Hot Toys to clearly illustrate their contempt for their customers dedication to innovation with those handy infographics. :lol

AF70FC38-4E27-481E-B6CE-0105EAF40780.gif

Really strange move by Hot Toys to overshadow the launch of an improved version of a figure by making the release overlap with a previous version.

They must’ve been working on this when DX19 production was in full swing; maybe well before that. They should’ve known people would be upset. Weird play when they can’t afford any ill will.

Would’ve been better if they’d used this improved figure for DX19 and made this set the DX20 as a more deluxe package.

Last edited:
So, is the new Bat suit with this armory more accurate, or less accurate? [ as some people have said it's more accurate, and others have said it's less accurate].Personally, i think the eyes on the new Bat suit look off, as they should be more rounded, like the DX19......:)

What are the chances of HT doing a standalone Bruce in a suit now that this one is non-articulated and very scene-specific?

I just bought the DX 19 and they make another version with comparative photos who say "look it's more accurate"...

For the Bruce Wayne is too beefy and the face is strange.

Funny enough. I just unboxed mine on Saturday after almost a year...

I finally pulled the trigger on an used DX15 Jack Sparrow (my all time grail) for 400 EUR on Sunday. Let's see if Hot Toys will announce a reissue tomorrow.

Last edited:
Most of the pictures in the specs pics aren’t even of real product and the ones that are are heavily doctored. It’s all digital and manipulations for the comparisons with the DX19. Go and look through them again and zoom in. The Bruce head isn’t the only one that has uncanny valley/was museum syndrome.

The fact that they don’t have a shot of a cowled Batman head shows they just pulled this release out of their asses.

They’re scumbags. This is their 8th shot at a TDK/TDKR Batman and this one won’t be definitive either. They put this up when there are still tons of DX19 in stock everywhere. Not a smart move. These are going to sit too. You’ll have the hardcore people buying day 1, sure, but the vast majority have learned to wait. This is the best time for someone just coming into the hobby with 8 choices for a Batman figure.

Most of the pictures in the specs pics aren’t even of real product and the ones that are are heavily doctored. It’s all digital and manipulations for the comparisons with the DX19.

Go and look through them again and zoom in. The Bruce head isn’t the only one that has uncanny valley/was museum syndrome.

The fact that they don’t have a shot of a cowled Batman head shows they just pulled this release out of their asses.
Must be feeling inart pressure

Isn’t this the armory that was teased by Hot Toys about 11 years ago? Crazy. That Bruce Wayne figure looks really accurate. It took me a moment to realize that I wasn’t just looking at a photograph from the movie.

Not sure why anyone would rush to pre-order this. Just be patient and wait for the InArt Bale reveal to at least compare them first. I bet their Batsuit and cowl will put this one to shame.

If they felt that because of inart, there would be a Joker release by now.

No this is something else. How about instead of the Dark Knight suit for the 1000th time, you do a Begins suit do-over? If any figure needed to be done from the ground up, it’s that one. Instead, they do another Dark Knight while stores have the DX19 and QS19 in stock. It doesn’t make sense.

The Bruce with leg brace is weird too. So it’s a statue, not a figure. I hate Dark Knight Rises with a passion but I was kind of looking forward to him with the suit and cane.

C46D3909-753D-4FF0-958E-24089F1E14AD.jpeg

Such a weird company. I mean, we all knew the Armory was coming, but I didn’t think they’d try and throw their newly released DX19 and QS19 under the bus to show case a preposed statue and photoshopped batsuit pics with no image of him inside the cowl.

Bizarre.

If they felt that because of inart, there would be a Joker release by now.
I'm still on the boat that says they no longer have the TDK/Joker license so they've been doing everything BUT Joker the past few years.

1. Re-release the QS TDKR Batman but doesn't re-release the QS Joker
2. DX19 but not a single DX11 2.0
3. Update Catwoman + Bane
4. New TDKR Armory/TDKR Suit/Bruce Wayne

Still not a single Joker in sight. With Inart having the Joker license only for China, I feel like Hot Toys no longer has the rights for TDK so all they do is a ****** 11 year old reissue of Batman Begins and milk the **** out of TDKR. Pretty much do everything but TDK because they can't.

Back