The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t need a smaller version of my dad judging me and my doll collection

r u sure.jpg

Why is the portrait on the new version so greasy looking? And if this batsuit has more movie-accurate details does that mean the others didn't? :LOL:

And back in the day, wasn't that first "TDK "armory" version put out pretty close to the DX12? Anyway...

Considering we've seen Catwoman v2 and Bane v2 this isn't a huge shock.

Why is the portrait on the new version so greasy looking?
Not sure why ppl seem so surprised by this. Many of their recent protos have a bit of gloss coat on them instead of a matte finish, especially looking at the Secret Base images and videos vs the doctored promo images. Here's Clonobi proto looking pretty shiney.

Screenshot 2023-04-17 180217.jpg

If anything, seeing this rushed is probably going to cause more people to wait and see what InArt does.

You're not wrong. I told myself if the DX19 went on low stock and InArt hadn't announced theirs yet, Id buy it. But now with this release coming, I basically have another 1-2 years to wait for the IA release as the DX19 is basically void in my mind.

It"s like when you buy an iphone... You know every year there will be a newer model... apple like hot toys disney star wars marvel queen studios are not going out of business tomorrow... they will continue to release better product year after year.

If only I could have this Bruce talk like a Build-a-Bear. Some of the of the oldies but goodies:

“What is that, one of your new kids toys?”

“You don’t know how to properly maintain your car, you’re like a girl”

“Oh yay toys!” <Claps hands obnoxiously>

And my all time favorite:

“Back in my day, we played tag with poop on stick and we were fine with it…we didn’t have toys.”

Not sure why ppl seem so surprised by this. Many of their recent protos have a bit of gloss coat on them instead of a matte finish, especially looking at the Secret Base images and videos vs the doctored promo images. Here's Clonobi proto looking pretty shiney.

View attachment 634440

100% accurate in this case.

D80ED56F-7689-4E42-91C9-2F35650F426C.gif
E3FE1483-7E4F-4029-9056-AC5EFF2FBE75.gif
4372AED4-4D54-4C9C-A860-0F8FE78E87BA.gif

While I don't usually waste my time criticising companies for trying to make a profit--that's the point, after all--this is really lame.

I don't care about resale value, so that's not my issue. My complaint is that this brand is supposed to be about accuracy--they should be hitting that bar on every release. Collectors have been talking about the accuracy issues on the DX12 for a decade, so HT absolutely knew what needed to be improved and chose not to make those improvements for the DX19--and instead made those improvements right after everyone had shelled out for the DX19 release.

It's hard not to feel like that's a deliberate decision to get people to double dip.

I think I'll wait and see what InArt puts out. With the recession having everyone tighten their belts, and more competition in the hobby, I feel like HT might regret jerking their customers around like this.

I can see why you guys have problem with the sculpt now. Idk who the hell this is but it sure ain't human.
View attachment 634436
I think the gloss/satin coat is partially to blame. Those highlights draw attention to features that should be (and probably are) much more subtle. I'd be curious to see this sculpt completely matte.

that last one is me after working a 12hr night shift trying to go to sleep while the rest of the world is waking up

Your profile pic is even more appropriate then since that’s probably how Obi-Wan feels most of the time because of Anakin.

And the war I guess.

I’m curious to see how this figure looks on display. TCW Obi-Wan doesn’t look as wet in the promo pics as he does in pictures of the proto. Is this going to look even wetter at Secret Base?

Your profile pic is even more appropriate then since that’s probably how Obi-Wan feels most of the time because of Anakin.

And the war I guess.

I’m curious to see how this figure looks on display. TCW Obi-Wan doesn’t look as wet in the promo pics as he does in pictures of the proto. Is this going to look even wetter at Secret Base?
Probably 😲 looking back at recent releases, there are quite a few that have a bit of a semi-gloss looking finish to them especially in the Secrete Base images/videos, but none as shiny as this one is looking. Like some have previously mentioned, this was probably hastily put together to get out the door as quick as possible so maybe the images probably weren't photoshopped enough to tone down the shine? Who knows really 🤔

At the end of the day, the final figure will have the normal softening up and matte finish most likely.

It"s like when you buy an iphone... You know every year there will be a newer model... apple like hot toys disney star wars marvel queen studios are not going out of business tomorrow... they will continue to release better product year after year.

I'm not sure it's comparable, for Apple, you're sure they'll make a new model every year, for Hot tpys, they are unpredictable, and for me the DX 19 was was presented as the ultimate version.

Say what you will about this being an issue for collectors, it seems pretty bad for the HT distributors, as well. Sideshow is on the hook with a 30 day return policy for this, so anyone who got a dx19 from them in the last 30 days can simply return it (less shipping).

I'm sure they're sitting on lots of dx19's already that are going to continue to be "ready to ship tomorrow" for quite some time.

Say what you will about this being an issue for collectors, it seems pretty bad for the HT distributors, as well. Sideshow is on the hook with a 30 day return policy for this, so anyone who got a dx19 from them in the last 30 days can simply return it (less shipping).

I'm sure they're sitting on lots of dx19's already that are going to continue to be "ready to ship tomorrow" for quite some time.
Agreed completely. Sideshow can't be impressed right now. Stuff like this is why the waitlist system is going on right now- they can't be on the hook like this from a business perspective.

At this point I think you have to treat TDK Batman like Iron Man. It's just always going to get remade- it just looks even worse considering there's only two suits for Batman compared to dozens of Iron Man suits.

Agreed completely. Sideshow can't be impressed right now. Stuff like this is why the waitlist system is going on right now- they can't be on the hook like this from a business perspective.

At this point I think you have to treat TDK Batman like Iron Man. It's just always going to get remade- it just looks even worse considering there's only two suits for Batman compared to dozens of Iron Man suits.
Let's be real, though: although HT releases a ton of Iron Men, I can't think of a time where they released an improved version of a figure that had previously been released only a year before. Sure, they may release a repaint, or a battle damaged version, or a suit up version--but they don't issue a new, re-engineered and improved version of something like the Mk 85 a year later.

Or at least... They haven't yet. This isn't the first time this has happened; the ROTJ Deluxe Luke release was also really scummy (i.e. they waited until everyone had received the basic Luke, then announced the superior version they knew everyone would want). Guess we'll see what happens in the coming year.

Back