The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Armory with Bruce Wayne Collectible Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s interesting is that HT have based this statue, and the whole reason thereof, from a TDKR still that the actor never actually is seen in that stance in the film.

What’s interesting is that HT have based this statue, and the whole reason thereof, from a TDKR still that the actor never actually is seen in that stance in the film.
He sort of is in the scene when talking to Alfred before going back out for the first time in a long time after getting the knee brace put on. You just don't see the full body shot. Still has the arms crossed.

Screenshot 2023-04-17 162535.jpg

I honestly thought OT and the others were being super skeptical when they said it looked like an alien. But boy was I wrong.

I can see why you guys have problem with the sculpt now. Idk who the hell this is but it sure ain't human.
View attachment 634436

To be fair to Hot Toys, Bale often doesn’t look human himself.

If Bale’s supernatural abilities to shape shift into his roles stemmed from him being a changeling or lizard person in a human suit, I would 100% not be surprised.

DADE8494-73A6-44D9-85C2-A3344EE5DED7.gif

But in all seriousness, I think they’ve reached a different level of uncanny valley with this sculpt. Which is further at odds with the odd mid expression look they chose and the eeriness of the slightly disjointed eyes from the moving eyes system.

That all makes the sculpt feel more like a skin suit of a person than just a person.

Now I think the real reason HT is doing this now is the get ahead of the inevitable InArt Christian Bale Batman, which they have listed as part of their phase one releases. It is nice to finally see a company scare HT into losing business and resulting in HT to up their game a bit. So in that regard I think it is good for the hobby.
It definitely feels like a 'get ahead of the competition' announcement. Even down to the Bruce Wayne inclusion considering InArt did the same with Battinson. Even the upgrades to the actual suit are to prepare for the InArt one which would probably be much more accurate than the DX19.

I definitely understand why anyone is upset as a DX19 purchaser- but I think this is the reality of this new Hot Toys that will reissue/2.0 of anything at the drop of the hat. Even if it means hurting their OWN product. It becomes more of a question of being happy with your own collection in a vaccuum because improvements are always likely to happen in this hobby, especially with Iron Man and Batman. Sure we all want the most accurate version possible of any particular character that means a great deal to us- but your contentness with the version you own is as important. At the end of the day, these are all incredibly impressive collectibles.

Being reactionary isn’t the way to get ahead. Hot Toys has had some, IMO, nearly perfect releases this year that were entirely new sculpts in Mando Luke and Ahsoka. Neither of those were made as a reaction to competition they just started from scratch and made something that turned out great.

Finally producing a 10 year old prototype armory, adding QS001 shoulder pads and new gauntlets to the DX19, and rushing two new sculpts so much that one isn’t even ready to show off is NOT the way to have the best product.

Maybe they think they can just get people locked in with preorders now but honestly we know InArt is here. If anything, seeing this rushed is probably going to cause more people to wait and see what InArt does.

People can be very patient in this hobby for things that are near perfect.

"Non-articulated" Bruce figure is an awful idea. Maybe even a deal-breaker? Not sure yet, but it's hard to justify that price when Bruce is a statue.

I can't believe there isn't a way to swap in normal arms for the folded arms. That would help justify the price, and showcase potential innovation.

Do the legs at least move?

Actually, how do they add the shirt to the body, if the arms aren't easily removable?

It's funny, I was literally about to pull the trigger on the DX19 last night, since Sideshow had a 15% off promo that was gonna expire at midnight. Got too busy and missed it before it expired. Maybe fate worked out for the best, because the DX19 was going to be my first Hot Toys figure purchase since like, 2020. It was my way back into this insanity. I keep falling in and out of this hobby, but you know, sometimes you just get the itch, right? And then Hot Toys does what Hot Toys does and I remember why I stopped collecting their figures to begin with.

But despite all of this, I still do want a DX19. Is that crazy? Hmm.

Oh, and hello again freaks. Been a while for me.

"Non-articulated" Bruce figure is an awful idea. Maybe even a deal-breaker? Not sure yet, but it's hard to justify that price when Bruce is a statue.

I can't believe there isn't a way to swap in normal arms for the folded arms. That would help justify the price, and showcase potential innovation.

Do the legs at least move?

Actually, how do they add the shirt to the body, if the arms aren't easily removable?
Nothing moves on the Bruce figure/statue from the collar down as far as we know, otherwise they would've mentioned it. We know the head will be articulated some due to the pics and that it's a separate item to be used on both the figure body and the batsuit body.

As for how they put the fabric clothing on the body. I would assume there are key holes at the shoulder location that the arms get glued into once they put the shirt on. It's either that, or they simply sew the shirt on the body. The shorts are easy as they're likely some sort of stretch fabric that just slides over the body.

The Bale pose is classic... and hilarious for anyone's shelf.

That Bale, of all Bales, is a must-have. Hell... I might even try to snag one.

Put him anywhere in your house, and its LOLs.

In the kitchen: watching you make bacon instead of green juice.

In the bathroom: well... yeah

In the living room: giving you the stink eye while you watch Star Wars cartoons.
I don’t need a smaller version of my dad judging me and my doll collection :lol

Back