The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
UK gets a drinking pass in general so you are free to do whatever...at least that's what the boys in Northern Ireland I work with tell me :)
a620be88694cafb7e2cc0d8ba1418852.gif

So, the show is just 'ok.' I hope season 1 is one/done. Fett is better served as a strong secondary character.

Random things I don't like (all minor): no fat suit used for Gammorean Guards. I 'get' it. More practical this way; it still looks wrong.

Previously said: Trandoshian's eyes/head looks so terrible.

Apple Store Biker Gang = they all need to die

Oh man I rewatched Episode 4 and the kitchen scene is even worse than I remembered. He is only able to grab the rat catcher droid *after* it halts in front of Fennec's pointing gun which makes his over the top "I'm Batman" moment that much stupider! :slap

It's like in Predator when Anna runs off but is halted by Poncho and then Dillon comes up and says "Try that again...please" and Poncho is all "yeah you're super intimidating after someone else catches the prisoner for you," lol.

Boba Fett was only 32 years old in A New Hope and about 36 when he went in the Sarlacc. That means he's 41 in BoBF, so he's about the same age as Mando, but the Vespa girl called Boba an old man like Mutt did to Indy in KOTKS. Boba is more or less still in his prime, if Mando is anything go by, yet in this show he feels like he's already past his prime. He's still a young guy. Maybe they should have hired a younger actor that looks like TM to play BF.

Last edited:
Audience - "AWWWWWWWW"

Boba - "Words are the only things that can cut through beskar armor" 😖
And what was up with Fennec instantly cutting him down about his emotional scars after he finally got healed from the Bacta?

"Congratulations sir, you are now fully healed."

"Yeah well he still has a long way to go before he's a real man."

Hopefully this week gives us a "very special episode" where they take a heartfelt look at Fennec's spice addiction.
The episode ends with a PSA.

"Drugs will hurt your mind and your body. Hi, I'm Temuera Morrison and I play Boba Fett"

"And I'm Ming N Wen, and I play Fennec Shand. We thank you for joining us in this special episode. And remember, DON'T DO DRUGS!"

Full cast - "THERE'S NO HOPE WITH DOPE!!" 😀😃😄😁☺️😊😌😉😐:chug

Last edited:
My whole perspective on filmmaking changed years ago after watching Buried (with Ryan Reynolds); if they can make an entire movie inside a coffin and make it utterly compelling, then no-one else has any excuses - it's just BAD WRITING.

My whole perspective on filmmaking changed years ago after watching Buried (with Ryan Reynolds); if they can make an entire movie inside a coffin and make it utterly compelling, then no-one else has any excuses - it's just BAD WRITING.
That film depicted probably my worst nightmare.

While I don’t think the marvel shows are horrible, well except for falcon, they are not The Mandalorian.

I honestly felt that Star Wars on Disney+ was on the path of doing no narrative wrong when compared to the inferior MCU shows.

NOW post Boba!

Super worried about what’s to come be it Mando 3, Obi, Ahsoka and Andor.

Ughh.

Mando was a real lightning in a bottle show to give us hope for the future of Star Wars. However there too many things to go wrong for all of us long in the tooth fans. I always though Fett looked cool and used my imagination for how bad ass I thought he should be. I think thats where most of us are because none of this show is what any of us dare imagined Fett being like. Most things now are written for agenda pushing now and it doesn't fit or work properly. That's too bad for this generation since now there is not much creativity it's overly processed and forced and made to be so disposable that everyone is looking at the next thing. Look how fast all entertainment is forgotten compared to years ago. At least with this show I get entertainment from other like minded fans chatting about it. And of course the JYE pics are priceless. :duff

Back