The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That entire post was brilliant but "for the few minutes he's actually awake he basically walks back and forth to the mayor's office where they also humor him there" literally made me laugh out loud.

:lol
:yess:

It wasn't until I had to come up with a way to describe his non-bacta time that it really hit me just how much of this show is Boba and co. walking from the palace... to that cantina with Max Rebo... to the mayor's office... and then repeat the cycle but change the order. :lol

It's like they wrote this show using two manuals: 1.) "Tropes for Dummies" and 2.) "How to Write a Television Series Like You Would an 8-bit Nintendo Game."

"How to Write a Television Series Like You Would an 8-bit Nintendo Game."
Ha ha but in fairness I did feel like the first season of Mando played like that as well with the Armorer literally doing nothing but sitting in that cave 24 hours a day just waiting to upgrade Din's weapons and armor. "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!" lol

Getting back to your previous post now I'm picturing all the characters that were humoring him like the mayor's aid who takes off in his speeder going 20-30 miles per hour and then the shock the Vespa gang must have felt went TM still ended up telling *them* to go chase him. "Wuh? Is he serious? What should we do? I don't know let's just follow him in first gear until 'Boba' gets off his fat ass and turns his jetpack on. In the meantime let's see how many droids we can hit along the way, hee hee."

Ha ha but in fairness I did feel like the first season of Mando played like that as well with the Armorer literally doing nothing but sitting in that cave 24 hours a day just waiting to upgrade Din's weapons and armor. "It's dangerous to go alone, take this!" lol

Getting back to your previous post now I'm picturing all the characters that were humoring him like the mayor's aid who takes off in his speeder going 20-30 miles per hour and then the shock the Vespa gang must have felt went TM still ended up telling *them* to go chase him. "Wuh? Is he serious? What should we do? I don't know let's just follow him in first gear until 'Boba' gets off his fat ass and turns his jetpack on. In the meantime let's see how many droids we can hit along the way, hee hee."
At least Boba's making progress: he actually remembered that he had a jetpack, which is a step up from when assassins decided the best way to target a guy with a jetpack but no helmet is to surround him on the ground with a perimeter of melee weapons... and Fett didn't fly.

Now if he can just remember that he has a rifle and pistol, we'll really start cooking with gas. :lol

I noticed in the credits for Episode 3 that not only did TM have a "Boba Fett Stunt Double" but there was also a listing for a "Boba Fett Full Armor Body Double" which was played by the Stunt Coordinator JJ Dashnaw. So I wonder if he's the one responsible for some of those shots that had us thinking that TM had slimmed down a bit:

BOBF.jpg
I'll definitely be customizing my inevitable Hot Toys Boba so that he is slimmer and looks more like the OT Fett. I may use an actual OT bucket as well. I think that would look cool with the new costume design.

His gauntlets and blaster are covering his gut. But notice the light shining through his plastic beskar shoulder armor. Some of the stuff on this show is so fan film it's pathetic.
I was just talking about that to my buddy. It's so embarrassing. You can also see his silicone shoulder armor buckling under is neck during the battle with the ninjas in episode 1, and the the shot's backwards. It's ******* amateure-hour.

I know it's required for mobility, but cut in a quick wide shot or close up for ****'s sake

EA7A390E-5F13-44A6-A910-56B9511515B2.jpeg

Last edited:
I noticed in the credits for Episode 3 that not only did TM have a "Boba Fett Stunt Double" but there was also a listing for a "Boba Fett Full Armor Body Double" which was played by the Stunt Coordinator JJ Dashnaw. So I wonder if he's the one responsible for some of those shots that had us thinking that TM had slimmed down a bit:

BOBF.jpg
I wonder why he would need a body double in the armor. Shouldn't he use the body double when he's shirtless instead?

I wonder why he would need a body double in the armor. Shouldn't he use the body double when he's shirtless instead?

Morrison's acting is awful in this show period. He never should have been cast as Boba Fett in the lead. I think the action has likely been nerfed because of his physical limitations. If I hear "mate" one more goddamn time I'm calling Samuel L. Jackson.

Morrison's acting is awful in this show period. He never should have been cast as Boba Fett in the lead. I think the action has likely been nerfed because of his physical limitations. If I hear "mate" one more goddamn time I'm calling Samuel L. Jackson.
He'd be fine if he didn't talk so much. Boba Fett should be like Ryan Goslin in Drive or Only God Forgives. You can still be mysterious without the armor and helmet.

There are so many WTF cringy moments on this show it becomes almost tedious pointing them all out. Know what would be really funny? "If we have the scooter gang crash through a Jabba painting". :slap
I'm surprised that we didn't see the classic carrying glass across the street too...
sL3baaPkaNdYLBX2StLqS8cn5lECFqZRrmp8sdqmsLQ.jpg

Back