The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how Disney is spinning the popularity of this show?

Hot Toys is a strange barometer but usually dead-on -- if something sucks, they don't make much from it at all. We'll see how many figures come out of this season besides Boba Fett himself.
Boba Fett, Fennec, Random Tusken set, maybe Princess Vespa. And the main villain of the show, when he or she shows up. 🤭

Oh, and the black Wookiee.

I thought it was just okay. Which is a glowing endorsement of SW content these days.

I just have 3 gripes:
-How he got the name Solo
-Gender Studies Droid (it was cool looking though)
-All of the Kessel mines stuff
At least even in the film everyone was annoyed by L3-37, she was just as annoying or more so than 3po in Empire. The Solo name origin was so unnecessary and I screamed what about Thracken Sal-Solo! I liked the Kessel mines, the Pykes, wookie slaves, the heist to steal the coaxium (cables lol).

It absolutely baffles me that the guy who made The Mandalorian is behind this abomination. I don't know how this happens, but I agree with you. The blame has to be placed on Favreau. The thing that is so odd is The Mandalorian had such a OT fan friendly vibe and this Fett show just reeks of the story group.
The Story Group had no part in this, in fact RR told The Hollywood Reporter that he and Favreau kept the entire show a secret from everybody except "the studio's top executives and business affairs." The way he worded it made it sound like he was speaking of Disney executives, not LFL, so it's possible that not even KK knew what they were doing until it was teased after the Mando Season 2 finale's credits.

He also referenced the pandemic saying “It was a bleak time that spurred us on even more to just make everything as entertaining as possible."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...rview-book-of-boba-fett-star-wars-1235062364/
And then with regard to George's input:

Asked if he discussed The Book of Boba Fett with Lucas during shooting, Rodriguez goes still. “I can’t tell you,” he says, and you don’t need Jedi mind powers to figure that one out.

So it sounds like COVID might have prompted them to over-compensate with regard to making it "entertaining" by going all out wacky. I wonder how many of those moments were George's ideas, lol.

Last edited:
It just occurred to me. Those Rancor heads were already on the throne in the Mando S2 ending. Now we coincidentally have a new Rancor, and a live action mention of the Nightsisters of Dathomir, and the Rancor is depressed. I have a feeling the throne and Rancor belong to the Nightsisters. And guess who's probably the new Mother of the Nightsisters? This may be a setup by the Twins originally intended for Bib, but they are just using it on Fett.

The Story Group had no part in this, in fact RR told The Hollywood Reporter that he and Favreau kept the entire show a secret from everybody except "the studio's top executives and business affairs." The way he worded it made it sound like he was speaking of Disney executives, not LFL, so it's possible that not even KK knew what they were doing until it was teased after the Mando Season 2 finale's credits.

He also referenced the pandemic saying “It was a bleak time that spurred us on even more to just make everything as entertaining as possible."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/t...rview-book-of-boba-fett-star-wars-1235062364/

Well Rodriguez is an even bigger idiot than I thought if he is going out of his way to take full credit for this🤣

I just thought of an easy way to make the cybernetic power rangers more palpable. So these teens are spoiled brats from a core world. Take your pick! I say Chandrilla. They want to act tough and be rebellious so they take the star liner to Tatooine to prove to everyone back home they can survive in the roughest place in the galaxy. They bring their crappy ostentatious bikes with them. They spent all of their budgets on superficial enhancements rather than the engine or capable mechanics.

Little to do they know it’s not easy to make ends meet and now they are floundering like idiots and having to steal even water to survive. That’s why they look so out of place on Tatooine, because they aren’t suited for it or from there.

The moment when that little droid spun it's wheel in place trying to get away was right out of a Scooby Doo cartoon, lol.

There are so many WTF cringy moments on this show it becomes almost tedious pointing them all out. Know what would be really funny? "If we have the scooter gang crash through a Jabba painting". :slap

Last edited:
4 eps to go and I still have no clue what this show is about lol
I'm here for ya, buddy.

Okay, so there's a dude going around thinking he's Boba Fett. In truth, he's just a really nice guy who has dementia. So, everyone around him humors his delusions and helps him think he's an actual crime boss even though he has no f'n clue what he's doing. There's this chick named Fennec who pretty much does everything for him but lets him take the credit so he can feel better about himself.

He sleeps a lot. And I mean *a lot.* That's when he dreams of himself being like Lawrence of Arabia... but without all that logic and character motivation ********.

Anyway, the dreams take up most of his day, but for the few minutes he's actually awake he basically walks back and forth to the mayor's office where they also humor him there. The mayor's assistant really loves hamming it up when he's playing along, but "Boba" doesn't seem to notice. This assistant will occasionally even pretend to be running away at high speeds when in reality he's only doing 20 in a 35 so "Boba" can catch him.

There's a couple of Hutts playing along too, and pretending to be his foes as a brother and sister team even though they're clearly banging each other. And a Wookiee pretends to attack "Boba" at night, but the whole thing was set up by "Boba's" friends who actually let the Wookiee in and told him to make it look real, but to go easy. So he bites without breaking flesh and uses electric knuckles to punch without causing bleeding. He also hugs "Boba" kinda hard, but not enough to do any damage. Y'now... cuz he's a Wookiee, and therefore should be strong enough to rip a human's arms off if he wanted.

That's about it. Does that help?

I'm here for ya, buddy.

Okay, so there's a dude going around thinking he's Boba Fett. In truth, he's just a really nice guy who has dementia. So, everyone around him humors his delusions and helps him think he's an actual crime boss even though he has no f'n clue what he's doing. There's this chick named Fennec who pretty much does everything for him but lets him take the credit so he can feel better about himself.

He sleeps a lot. And I mean *a lot.* That's when he dreams of himself being like Lawrence of Arabia... but without all that logic and character motivation ********.

Anyway, the dreams take up most of his day, but for the few minutes he's actually awake he basically walks back and forth to the mayor's office where they also humor him there. The mayor's assistant really loves hamming it up when he's playing along, but "Boba" doesn't seem to notice. This assistant will occasionally even pretend to be running away at high speeds when in reality he's only doing 20 in a 35 so "Boba" can catch him.

There's a couple of Hutts playing along too, and pretending to be his foes as a brother and sister team even though they're clearly banging each other. And a Wookiee pretends to attack "Boba" at night, but the whole thing was set up by "Boba's" friends who actually let the Wookiee in and told him to make it look real, but to go easy. So he bites without breaking flesh and uses electric knuckles to punch without causing bleeding. He also hugs "Boba" kinda hard, but not enough to do any damage. Y'now... cuz he's a Wookiee, and therefore should be strong enough to rip a human's arms off if he wanted.

That's about it. Does that help?
Holy crap!

Character motivation BS lol

Last edited:
I noticed in the credits for Episode 3 that not only did TM have a "Boba Fett Stunt Double" but there was also a listing for a "Boba Fett Full Armor Body Double" which was played by the Stunt Coordinator JJ Dashnaw. So I wonder if he's the one responsible for some of those shots that had us thinking that TM had slimmed down a bit:

BOBF.jpg

That whole wookiee scene :slap

Somehow a 7 foot wookiee makes it to Morrison's bacta tank completely undetected. Fett of course is sleeping in his Under Armor jockeys and the wookiee unnecessarily slaps him around all over the room instead of just killing him outright. The ruckus conveniently wakes up the delinquents and the pigs so they can distract the wookiee long enough for Fett to put on his Hugh Hefner robe instead of his Mandalorian armor just in time to return to the scene and see the wookiee stand in the exact only spot in the palace that Fennec can dispatch him simply by pressing a button.

This show is so terrible that some people are praising this scene as the best part of the episode. And sadly they are probably right.

Back