The Book Of Boba Fett (December 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, much of these eps were likely shot during first wave Covid anxiety, everyone was probably on the nobody breath lets get this done $hit quick, and go home!

And yeah the Teen Force Vespas are likely shamlesly for some new ride at Di$ney
61bfr0.gif

Last edited:
I wonder what Hot Toys we'll see from this show past the Fett and Fennec figures that have already been shown. I can't imagine Howard wanting to go very deep with this series.

Tusken Lady?
Wookiee?
Pyke sharpshooter?
8D8?

I wonder if they'll just skip over this show entirely and stick with doing new Mando figures.

I wonder what Hot Toys we'll see from this show past the Fett and Fennec figures that have already been shown. I can't imagine Howard wanting to go very deep with this series.

Tusken Lady?
Wookiee?
Pyke sharpshooter?
8D8?

I wonder if they'll just skip over this show entirely and stick with doing new Mando figures.
I bet just the Kristofferson Wookie right now. If that Tusken warrior shows up again and does something special then maybe. I won't be watching this latest episode, but it sounds like nothing besides the wookie did anything special. Got to let it play out and see if those big rumored names appear.

I wonder how Disney is spinning the popularity of this show?

Hot Toys is a strange barometer but usually dead-on -- if something sucks, they don't make much from it at all. We'll see how many figures come out of this season besides Boba Fett himself.

Through three episodes, I'm trying to understand the purpose of this show by looking for common themes. A prevailing one seems to be that things you knew from the OT aren't what they seemed to be. Rancors aren't vicious monsters; they're docile unless provoked or trained to be violent. Tuskens aren't savages; they're cultural victims of a changing world and technologically-driven outsiders. Boba Fett wasn't a ruthless and willing gun-for-hire; he was struggling to find himself and his place in the world without his clone father.

Why? Why do any of this rebranding? None of it helps make any of those more compelling than they were in the OT.

If the argument with Fett is that you couldn't make a compelling 7-episode series (totaling about 4 hours) about a mysterious badass with equally ambiguous morality, then Sergio Leone should rise from the grave to slap these guys in the face and remind them what Fett was inspired by. They turned "The Man With No Name" into "The Man With No Balls" and I'm struggling to understand why.

What's with all the softening of OT context? It can't be as simple as Disneyfication, since Favreau and Rodriguez wouldn't need this specific gig to get the same kind of paycheck. It's just baffling to me. I'm hoping the last four episodes will make the purpose clearer. If not, then what a bizarre waste.

Terrific post. There are the obvious idiotic elements like the Griff Tannen's scooter gang but there are also the Lucasfilm undertones that undermine both Fett's character and the OT in general. I could write a rant a mile long but the bottom line is that this show is awful.

I didn’t know it was explicitly stated it took place 10 years before but that’s about what I assumed. I also forgot about that Jabba comment in ROTJ, which is why I thought their heading to Tattoine at the end seemed premature. But yes, your interpretation makes more sense. :duff

Then again, given how inept Boba is now, taking 10 years to track down Han seems about right. :lol
Well maybe it wasn't the job for Jabba, just a job. I can't remember what else was said...

Terrific post. There are the obvious idiotic elements like the Griff Tannen's scooter gang but there are also the Lucasfilm undertones that undermine both Fett's character and the OT in general. I could write a rant a mile long but the bottom line is that this show is ****ing awful.
It is quite shocking that Favreau would write this garbage. It was like he didn't know what direction to take him. I doubt Favreau would stay on if he didn't approve of the direction of the show. He has plenty of money and credits to his name that he has got to be the shot caller on this. I've got to give him full blame for this.

It is quite shocking that Favreau would write this garbage. It was like he didn't know what direction to take him. I doubt Favreau would stay on if he didn't approve of the direction of the show. He has plenty of money and credits to his name that he has got to be the shot caller on this. I've got to give him full blame for this.

It absolutely baffles me that the guy who made The Mandalorian is behind this abomination. I don't know how this happens, but I agree with you. The blame has to be placed on Favreau. The thing that is so odd is The Mandalorian had such a OT fan friendly vibe and this Fett show just reeks of the story group.

Back