The Batman - Part II (October 3rd, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd definitely prefer a Freeze movie than another Joker movie. And I'm tired of Two-Face for sure. That Binary Bastard has had plenty of screen time over the years.
470ED768-9C1A-4DB0-AFB0-6B1DE6789750.jpeg

Did you read that Batman 89 comic? Oooff, it suuuuucked. I really liked the art a lot, but the story was painful. Great concept but the execution was pathetic. Should have let someone else write it.

Did you read that Batman 89 comic? Oooff, it suuuuucked. I really liked the art a lot, but the story was painful. Great concept but the execution was pathetic. Should have let someone else write it.
The only thing I liked was the variant covers, from what I saw, I didn't care for the actual art either

The Sam Hamm script has very little to do with the Burton movie.

I think Hamm's script for the first film was actually quite closely connected to the finished product. The reason the movie focuses on Joker, instead of Batman, was due to Hamm's influence.

His connection to "Batman Returns" is in name only, of course.

I thought the comic largely sucked. It had some interesting ideas, but didn't do enough with them and use them to good effect. It didn't feel like a "third movie" and mostly meandered, without a climax. Most criminal of all, it felt far too divorced from the feel of a Tim Burton Batman movie, in terms of both aesthetic and dialog (Batman talks way too much).

What a missed opportunity that comic was.

If they're smart, they'll just keep Joker in the background for the whole series. It grants it a different, unique feel, which is necessary for a character that has had so much cinematic exposure.

Never let him leave the asylum. Let the audience wonder what a Joker adventure would look like in this world. When the audience is forced to imagine a monster, it's always scarier and more enjoyable than when the movie trots it out in broad daylight.

Dunno about SS but Knightmare Joker gave me chills (in a good way).

I agree, Knightmare Joker showed a lot of potential, and I'm sad we won't see an Elseworlds movie continuation of that.

Leto's Joker before that wasn't my favorite, but I appreciated the fact that they were giving Morrison's Joker a cinematic interpretation. It wasn't the best, but it deserved to exist and, critically, it felt different from the others rather than a rehash.

I think Hamm's script for the first film was actually quite closely connected to the finished product. The reason the movie focuses on Joker, instead of Batman, was due to Hamm's influence.

Have you read it?

It's very different than the finished film. All that remains really is the Gothic style and the ending in a cathedral. No horse chase through the park, no Robin, etc, etc...

I still remember the description of the Joker in that script, still very haunting -- pale skin and seaweed green hair.

Yeah. I'll be the first to admit that Batman and Batman Returns are horribly flawed movies. The main reason they're so beloved to this day is the nostalgia and the overwhelming hype that accompanied them.

Bruce Wayne/Batman is almost nothing like the comic book character. other than the name. And he takes a back seat to the villains in both movies.

I think Returns is much worse than Batman. The last time I tried to watch it, I actually turned it off. It's boring, childish, overly gross, has too many plotlines and characters, and "Batman" is barely even in it! It's funny how people complained about how "dark" it was at the time, but now it comes off as cheesy and campy as the Adam West show.

Even with all those flaws, both movies have incredible designs and visuals, mainly the Bat-suits. I love both of them, and I really wish we'd get more figure representation of the Returns suit.

I also loved the marketing campaigns. I'll never forget seeing giant billboards for Returns that really played up the snow and ice themes of the movie, the stark black and white. I saw those billboards in the heat of the summer, so it was a strange dichotomy seeing ice and snow on these big billboards. That was a nice ad campaign.

snow.jpg

Yeah. I'll be the first to admit that Batman and Batman Returns are horribly flawed movies. The main reason they're so beloved to this day is the nostalgia and the overwhelming hype that accompanied them.

Bruce Wayne/Batman is almost nothing like the comic book character. other than the name. And he takes a back seat to the villains in both movies.

I think Returns is much worse than Batman. The last time I tried to watch it, I actually turned it off. It's boring, childish, overly gross, has too many plotlines and characters, and "Batman" is barely even in it! It's funny how people complained about how "dark" it was at the time, but now it comes off as cheesy and campy as the Adam West show.

Even with all those flaws, both movies have incredible designs and visuals, mainly the Bat-suits. I love both of them, and I really wish we'd get more figure representation of the Returns suit.

I also loved the marketing campaigns. I'll never forget seeing giant billboards for Returns that really played up the snow and ice themes of the movie, the stark black and white. I saw those billboards in the heat of the summer, so it was a strange dichotomy seeing ice and snow on these big billboards. That was a nice ad campaign.
I do agree, as films they aren't the best, especially Returns. Visually they are amazing though

Yep, the designs and costumes are what really keep these movies "alive". They are beautiful.

I've always said, I enjoy the "Art of" books more than slogging through the movies.

Back