The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Batman film directed by Matt Reeves...again

True. And he ended up being terrific as Cap, like you said. And he ended up appearing multiple times as the character. And l’m sure there would probably have been a greater chance of Affleck returning if the movies he appeared in had been bigger successes. Still, surely there is someone who shows up for these auditions that both resembles Bruce Wayne and tells them how much he would love to play Batman. I have to think that to a degree, they’re painting themselves into a corner with some of their casting decisions. People have mentioned Armie Hammer, and I think he does have the right look and I know he was once cast as Batman in the canceled George Millar Justice League movie, but I think he has also said in past interviews that he didn’t have much interest in being in super hero movies. I think if that is still the case, Warner Bros. should look elsewhere.

Yeah they definitely wouldn't want a Val Kilmer Batman or Ed Norton Hulk situation.

Batman isn't their problem. Nolan proved you can make great Batman movies. If anything Superman is their biggest problem. They haven't made a good superman live action movie since 2013.

Fixed it for you.

Yeah they definitely wouldn't want a Val Kilmer Batman or Ed Norton Hulk situation.

I just watched the Norton Hulk film, Hulk is WAY better looking in that film then all the rest....hes actually menacing and scary.

Too bad Norton didnt continue with the role.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Norton hulk will always be the best hulk. That cave monkey they have now is meh. Hulk 08 was a savage rage monster. Current hulk is a dumb brute. 08 hulk would put up a better fight against thanos. Dude strangled abomination with chains

I love Nortons Hulk. But i do rate Norton as one of the best actors in the world he is epic in my books.

What happened to him? He just do not make films anymore?

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

To the point re: live action Batman difficulties & fight choreography ... the suit and particularly the cape make it difficult.

I think for the time period and in-universe the linear, calculated strikes we sometimes saw Keaton use were a good work-around, but he was still kind of brawling.

For contemporary films; I think we do need to see a stealthy, fast and balletic Batman. If you look to Chinese wǔxiá films, you sometimes see martial artists in very elaborate and otherwise cumbersome costumes moving with speed, stealth and grace.

That’s the kind of fight choreography I would like to see adapted to a new Batman film.

Even Darth Maul wore heavy boots and layered robes (no cape though) and was able to be very agile and graceful while kicking Jedi ass.

I would love to see a sleeker Batman; kinda Neal Adams style. It can be done, just no one has really tried I think.

I’ve often pictured Bats doing his detective work either in plain clothes or under cover of darkness, with the costume used for missions, confrontations, hunting etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the point re: live action Batman difficulties & fight choreography ... the suit and particularly the cape make it difficult.

I think for the time period and in-universe the linear, calculated strikes we sometimes saw Keaton use were a good work-around, but he was still kind of brawling.

For contemporary films; I think we do need to see a stealthy, fast and balletic Batman. If you look to Chinese wǔxiá films, you sometimes see martial artists in very elaborate and otherwise cumbersome costumes moving with speed, stealth and grace.

That’s the kind of fight choreography I would like to see adapted to a new Batman film.

Even Darth Maul wore heavy boots and layered robes (no cape though) and was able to be very agile and graceful while kicking Jedi ass.

I would love to see a sleeker Batman; kinda Neal Adams style. It can be done, just no one has really tried I think.

I’ve often pictured Bats doing his detective work either in plain clothes or under cover of darkness, with the costume used for missions, confrontations, hunting etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome.

Why doesn’t Warner Bros try to hire someone who actually wants to be in the movie, as their next Batman?

They might have to look at a relatively unknown actor (but experienced) who is willing to use the Batman role as a "launching pad" for other roles or to introduce them to a wider audience. Iron Man helped revitalize Downey Jr.'s career, Chris Evans' was doing smaller roles before Cap and was mostly known for playing goofballs like Human Torch and the dude from 'Not Another Teen Movie', Chris Hemsworth wasn't known outside Australia until Thor (not including his bit part in Star Trek). X-Men and the Wolverine role introduced Hugh Jackman to the world.

Even Henry Cavill was a supporting actor. I had only briefly heard of him from "The Tudors".

The struggle will probably be that the Hollywood optic is that the DC roles are "tainted". They come with A LOT of visibility and attention, but look at all the bureaucracy around them...and plus the fact that the poor films could "damage" an actor's careers. Look at Brandon Routh...and 'Superman Returns' was a pretty decent movie...it was just too divisive (weak action scenes and took some story twists that fans were not happy about) and WB was not happy about the box office take.

Armie Hammer had something semi-big with "Lone Ranger", but after the movie tanked, he's been going back to smaller, independent flicks (not including Man from UNCLE...which was great). Does he want to risk another crash-and-burn? Are there others out there that might say "no" because of that?

They might have to look at a relatively unknown actor (but experienced) who is willing to use the Batman role as a "launching pad" for other roles or to introduce them to a wider audience. Iron Man helped revitalize Downey Jr.'s career, Chris Evans' was doing smaller roles before Cap and was mostly known for playing goofballs like Human Torch and the dude from 'Not Another Teen Movie', Chris Hemsworth wasn't known outside Australia until Thor (not including his bit part in Star Trek). X-Men and the Wolverine role introduced Hugh Jackman to the world.

Even Henry Cavill was a supporting actor. I had only briefly heard of him from "The Tudors".

The struggle will probably be that the Hollywood optic is that the DC roles are "tainted". They come with A LOT of visibility and attention, but look at all the bureaucracy around them...and plus the fact that the poor films could "damage" an actor's careers. Look at Brandon Routh...and 'Superman Returns' was a pretty decent movie...it was just too divisive (weak action scenes and took some story twists that fans were not happy about) and WB was not happy about the box office take.

Armie Hammer had something semi-big with "Lone Ranger", but after the movie tanked, he's been going back to smaller, independent flicks (not including Man from UNCLE...which was great). Does he want to risk another crash-and-burn? Are there others out there that might say "no" because of that?

Good post. I think maybe casting a relative unknown would be the way to go. Someone who isn’t afraid to take a risk on playing Batman.

For that matter, I think Armie Hammer does have the look and is still somewhat lesser known, but given some of the statements he’s made, would he be open to a multi picture deal? I think Warner Bros needs to start thinking big picture when they cast and try to get people who want to stick around. At least it seems like Jason Mamoa, Gal Gadot, and Ezra Miller are all still on board for solo movies/more solo movies, so that’s good.

I have to think that there are probably a lot of undiscovered talent out there as well as relatively unknown actors that could be given a shot. Given that the Matt Reeves Batman is supposed to be a story set early in Batman’s career it might even work more in favor of the story to have a less famous actor play Batman.

I'd like to see Alan Ritchson play Batman. Keeping to the brawler style of fighting. He'd play a good batman. He was good in Titans!
6e505454b1b8d3af0cc0357098716e9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I still say that Christopher Abbott would be great in the role. He was the guy in It Comes at Night and a couple other things. He basically strikes me as a more angsty, American Kitt Harrington...but also a better actor.:lol

I'd like to see Alan Ritchson play Batman. Keeping to the brawler style of fighting. He'd play a good batman. He was good in Titans! [...]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

He really looks the part, like he stepped out of a DC book. The writing on Titans is a little iffy so I can't get a handle on how good his acting really is, but with a good director it'd work. Definitely a brawler though.

Back