The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got out from seeing it.
Those ppl in OZ who live on the East Coast like me,will relate to the constant raining in this movie.
Loved it.
Loved the atmosphere!
The gritty darkness of it all.
Some really great character moments from all the cast.
Riddler was a ******* psycho!!
Kudos to the writers and director for giving Riddler a really epic,well thought out reason for him being how he was.
Very well executed!
R Pat was great.
Could see him doing this role for a decade at least.
Car chase scene was pure epicness.

Everytime I was hearing the beat of "Something in the way",it really made me think Boba Fett's theme on Bespin plus I could hear Imperial March in there,just slowed down.

And you know what,NOT a single bit of wokeness.
NO ulterior motive or political shenanigans.
NO sticking it in our face from the higher ups.
Just pure,unadulterated cinematic enjoyment...

THIS is the movie we NEEDED right now.
Nice review BUT…

There was absolutely wokeness….

White privilege line

Plus..

Dumb Batman thinks HOPE is the solution.

Smart Catwoman reminds him he is a dumb ass and dumps him lol

Last edited:
I had previously brought up another thing that bugged me which was that Batman saved the one black kid from joining the all white gang of thugs I was like great more lecturing

On a second viewing though I saw that the kid that Batman tased I believe was another black kid in white make up so I’m letting it pass lol

Nice review BUT…

There was absolutely wokeness….

White privilege line

Plus..

Dumb Batman thinks HOPE is the solution.

Smart Catwoman reminds him he is a dumb ass and dumps him lol
The other thematic theme in this movie is to “Trust” the establishment, the right is corrupt but here comes the left to save the day’ please have faith in our establishment lolololol

batman acted like terminator LOL but this film is a perfect example of New Neo Noir and I’m in love 😍😍

I had previously brought up another thing that bugged me which was that Batman saved the one black kid from joining the all white gang of thugs I was like great more lecturing

On a second viewing though I saw that the kid that Batman tased I believe was another black kid in white make up so I’m letting it pass lol
He literally gave the one black guy he shocked the worst of it. So no it’s not woke 😂. Don’t mention this on Twitter tho you’ll get the film canceled

You gotta be careful in the sense that seeing overdone 'wokeness' around every corner is just the flipside of seeing 'microaggressions' or whatever around every corner.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, as they say. Nothing in this film bothered me too much and I'm not going to comb through it looking for things either (not saying you are) -- I'm going to take it all at Cape Value so to speak and enjoy it.

You gotta be careful in the sense that seeing overdone 'wokeness' around every corner is just the flipside of seeing 'microaggressions' or whatever around every corner.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, as they say. Nothing in this film bothered me too much and I'm not going to comb through it looking for things either (not saying you are) -- I'm going to take it all at Cape Value so to speak and enjoy it.
This is so true. I did notice the woke elements but it was only up until Catwoman started spewing her **** about rich white men, and saying batman was privileged that I was like "ok you gotta be ****** kidding me smh" but it didn't kill the entire film for me the ending didn't bother me either. Though I would have rather he switched out Hope with "I am a symbol of Justice, a caped crusader" that would have made more sense. But overall I loved the movie for what it was, minus the wokeness planted in like riddler trophies I had to find. No thanks Lmao

Wonder if that 45 day window to digital will keep it from having decent legs at the box office? It certainly will for me. Got NWH bluray the week before this so good times for comic fans.
I think 45 days for this is OK. It's not like there's going to be families repeatedly watching it.

I found it kind of ironic that Catwoman is addressing white privilege with a Caucasian Batman.
The term is 'speaking truth to power' ... and it makes sense as far as it's both a challenge and a rough description of the lay of the land as she sees it.

(I'm not inviting a debate on the merits or veracity of the term as this would violate the COC fairly quickly).

... she doesn't know he's rich (or how rich) but suspects it, rightly it turns out ... but still doesn't yet classify him with the 'old white men' or whatever she called them that she as a cat burglar tends to prey on by default, as they often have the things she's stealing.

This scene does set up a major conflict rooted in class and ideology between them, which I think is going to create as many problems between them in a sequel as her capacity for rage and murder, not to mention burglary.

Yes, in terms of the broader world it's a myopic view. But she's American.

And the point she's making -- however heavy-handed or myopic it may or may not be -- is that people like her don't always have a choice, whereas people like Bruce Wayne see options because they grew up surrounded by them.

It's endlessly debatable of course, but I didn't find the scene itself ironic. I see it as foreshadowing.

Yeah, I get that, what I meant specifically -- and maybe I'm remembering the scene incorrectly -- but it seemed odd that Catwoman brought up white privilege to a white man in a Batsuit that she's asking to help her strike against that issue. Just seemed like something you might not say at that moment despite whatever you believe -- in other words, forced dialogue to spotlight an issue. But again, maybe I'm conflating that line with another scene's motivations. I just remembering thinking 'that's an odd thing to say' to Batman when she said it. In my view, 'privilege' -- money, and way too much of it -- is the true inequality in the world that needs to be addressed, while they have people distracted by race and skin color and religion, etc.

Yeah, I get that, what I meant specifically -- and maybe I'm remembering the scene incorrectly -- but it seemed odd that Catwoman brought up white privilege to a white man in a Batsuit that she's asking to help her strike against that issue. Just seemed like something you might not say at that moment despite whatever you believe -- in other words, forced dialogue to spotlight an issue. But again, maybe I'm conflating that line with another scene's motivations.
I was wondering where you were coming from, okay.

From what I've seen 'white privilege' is sometimes used as shorthand for a systemic legacy of imperialism and colonialism, so you *could* bring it up to a white man in a Bat-suit you're trying to enlist.

The interesting thing about The Cat is how cheerfully flexible her morals are and that even by the end of the film, she still doesn't quite get who Batman is, inviting him to go with her to rob hedge fund managers. She's almost innocent that way. She just wants what she wants.

I'd call The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 'forced dialogue' -- this is ... awkward at best. But yes, I'd rather they'd taken it in another direction. But it was just a blip.

I was wondering where you were coming from, okay.

From what I've seen 'white privilege' is sometimes used as shorthand for a systemic legacy of imperialism and colonialism, so you *could* bring it up to a white man in a Bat-suit you're trying to enlist.

The interesting thing about The Cat is how cheerfully flexible her morals are and that even by the end of the film, she still doesn't quite get who Batman is, inviting him to go with her to rob hedge fund managers. She's almost innocent that way. She just wants what she wants.

I'd call The Falcon and the Winter Soldier 'forced dialogue' -- this is ... awkward at best. But yes, I'd rather they'd taken it in another direction. But it was just a blip.
It would be cool if Batman grows more in the second film, and regardless of his relationship with Selena in the past, he tries to arrest her for burglary which then opens up the door to their comic relationship where he always chases her on rooftops, but the romantic tension between them starts to grow more as well. I also hope Bruce becomes more of his playboy persona, or more like TAS version of Bruce who comes off more charming and professional then arrogant playboy. I also heard that Robin might be in the second film, and Pattinson said he is down for that character edition if he is 13 year old kid. Which would be a first, and I will definitely be interested to see how they do it. I can see them using Dark Victory for the influence of the story.

Question here is, would you have noticed that line as much if the actress cast for Catwoman was white? BTW, I'm with the Zoe ain't hawt group. :p

Whiteface in a Batman movie?

Fz-vlwfVuBzsqIOcqx8q-O3vtL4xvqGx-xDj2EiGv5M.jpg

Batman was particularly bulletproof in this one. He must have got shot about a thousand times while single handedly beating up small armies of armed adversaries with nothing but his fists. Like Chirrut Imwe fighting in a pitch black room with a strobe light flashing.

It was an OK movie but tropey and loooong. Not re-watchable at all, I think I would rather go to the dentist. And they just couldn't help themselves with the modern day political innuendo.

The Dark Knight still king by a longshot.

Batman was particularly bulletproof in this one. He must have got shot about a thousand times while single handedly beating up small armies of armed adversaries with nothing but his fists. Like Chirrut Imwe fighting in a pitch black room with a strobe light flashing.

It was an OK movie but tropey and loooong. Not re-watchable at all, I think I would rather go to the dentist. And they just couldn't help themselves with the modern day political innuendo.

The Dark Knight still king by a longshot.
How dare you…

Back