The Batman (June 25, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When Gods are fighting, Batman should just stay out of it... maybe give strategic advice from a distance and do a fly-by and drop bombs. But when he stands there with Superman and Wonder Woman against a giant monster as if he can fight it too, he becomes ridiculous.

Maybe he should wear his BvS armor more often instead of just wearing it briefly as a reference to an 80s comic. 🤭

So what kind of Joker will we see in this Pattinson universe? Realistic or comic books? Does Phoenix fit in this world as an older Joker maybe?

Judging by this effort, realistic. I had concerns about Riddler at first reveal, but ended up really liking the take.

And I hope Phoenix stays in his own universe (just like I hoped Keaton, Maguire and Garfield would).

When Gods are fighting, Batman should just stay out of it... maybe give strategic advice from a distance and do a fly-by and drop bombs. But when he stands there with Superman and Wonder Woman against a giant monster as if he can fight it too, he becomes ridiculous.

Didn't he have kryptonite projectiles? I believe his strategy was "shoot and run".

Last edited:
I know people are going to think i’m crazy for preferring this over TDK even with all of its faults in the later parts I really don’t know how to quantify it against Nolan’s work other than it just being different and more my style than just dry Chicago.
I'm with you on this. The more I think of this, the more I prefer this to TDK, which means this is probably my favorite Batman movie too. But that darn ending....

A few things I really liked about this movie:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I know people are going to think i’m crazy for preferring this over TDK even with all of its faults in the later parts I really don’t know how to quantify it against Nolan’s work other than it just being different and more my style than just dry Chicago.
I understand. I love the dark knight but it’s not a perfect Batman movie. It captures some aspects right and some it doesn’t . The dark nature of the character for one. The gothic tone is gone.

Reeves must be struggling over his version of the Joker for the inevitable sequel. He could try to milk it and have The Batman 2 be Mr. Freeze and Two-Face with a tease that Joker is coming or maybe behind the mayhem so they have a Big Player for The Batman 3 (especially since third sequels usually fall apart).

I guess Affleck is not done playing Batman afterall :slap

Posted by Ezra:

“One Last Time Ha Ha Ha!”

He’s referring to Affleck saying that he loved playing Batman again one last time in the Flash movie.

Hey if we can have 4 Doctor Strange’s in just one movie why not 4 Batman lol

896773A3-377A-40D4-A7EF-732248660E11.jpeg

Oh one more criticism:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I guess Affleck is not done playing Batman afterall :slap

Posted by Ezra:

“One Last Time Ha Ha Ha!”

He’s referring to Affleck saying that he loved playing Batman again one last time in the Flash movie.

Hey if we can have 4 Doctor Strange’s in just one movie why not 4 Batman lol

View attachment 565082
That was awhile ago tho and it doesn’t mean he’ll be back it also means the flash point movie is the the final time. It’s time to bury that crap universe in the dust where it belongs and embrace the future.

was excited about it before but now seeing fantards frothing over it like it was told so well and he needs to finish or they will boycott is pathetic. Time to move on. It’s over. Can’t wait for this movie and it’s sequels . Also Dc projects that aren’t under one director .

So just got back from the cinema which only had about 10 people in it.

Pattinson was great as Batman. He was a detective AND a good fighter. We didn't see a lot of Bruce Wayne but what we saw was credible as a despondent loner.
I liked Catwoman. And Zoe is much more attractive than Anne Hathaway. Cats and Bats had a good chemistry together.
The riddler was an ok villain.
Penguin didn't do much.
The Batmobile is actually pretty cool.
The movie was WAY TOO LONG. Seriously they could have have cut some sub-plots out of it.
I still like all of the Nolan trilogy better than this movie (I wouldn't watch it again just drags on too much).

Back