Terminator VS Rocky Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whic is the best series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is purely for my own entertainment i know they are night and day.

I know we love them both...

But which is the better series to you?

(Thanks for voting)

:peace

(Excuse the spelling, type too quick)

Last edited:
How many genuinely good films does Rocky have? I've heard people say that I, II and VI make a good solid trilogy. And III and IV were reasonably entertaining with V being the only completely crap film.

Based on those numbers Rocky is a better series. However, you know I can't vote for Rocky. Thusly, despite having only 2 genuinely good films I will vote Terminator. The genre is more up my street and I always preferred Arnie. That too despite Stallone being a better actor.

As much as I love Terminator (and Ahhnuld), I'd have to vote for Rocky. The series is just so inspirational; like a celebration of the human spirit - that you can overcome any hardship, if you have the will and the mettle to press on and never give up.

Plus, Rocky 4 had some of the best music video montages that I've ever seen of any movie.

[ame]https://youtu.be/MwPb7g_BlXQ[/ame]

[ame]https://youtu.be/CaagSfBj2To[/ame]

How many genuinely good films does Rocky have? I've heard people say that I, II and VI make a good solid trilogy. And III and IV were reasonably entertaining with V being the only completely crap film.

Based on those numbers Rocky is a better series. However, you know I can't vote for Rocky. Thusly, despite having only 2 genuinely good films I will vote Terminator. The genre is more up my street and I always preferred Arnie. That too despite Stallone being a better actor.

Terminator is still one of my favorite series of all time. But, if it were a vote between Stallone and Arnold, I don't think I'd want to get involved with that! Both of them were my childhood heroes when growing up :lol.

Say what you will about Rocky III, but it completed the story as it was laid out in the first movie. Strictly by the standard of finishing what you start, the Rocky trilogy was better.

I wish Terminator could have done as well. I see T2 as comparable to Rocky III in terms of quality. They both have a Return of the Jedi feeling to them (ROTJ being better than both). I also see T2 as the last worthwhile Terminator film, which is harsh, given that the first was so spectacular.

Rocky for me.... love the Terminator franchise but until today I get and feel motivated watching the Rocky series even the last 2.
Now Terminator on the other hand I truly love and enjoy only 1 & 2.

Damn good replies again thank you!

I have not seen Terminator Salvation. Is it worth it if i find T1 the best and T2 a close second?

Every Rocky movie has life lessons in it. (even Rocky 5 the worst one) I like them all except 5, which even like bad pizza is still pretty good.

Rocky wins for me, but again these 70's/80's/early90's movies all have something for us to enjoy. I fear we may never get to enjoy films like this ever again, or at least a long while till things are reinvented down the road.

I think your right oscorp. Theres a lot of 'cool' movies out these days, but nothing that comes anywhere near capturing the magic or motivation of films as Rocky.
I think it will be a long time before anything like that is coming our way again (if at all)

I think your right oscorp. Theres a lot of 'cool' movies out these days, but nothing that comes anywhere near capturing the magic or motivation of films as Rocky.
I think it will be a long time before anything like that is coming our way again (if at all)

Yeah. IMO we've hit a peak in those days, and what goes up must come down.

:lecture:peace

Say what you will about Rocky III, but it completed the story as it was laid out in the first movie. Strictly by the standard of finishing what you start, the Rocky trilogy was better.

I wish Terminator could have done as well. I see T2 as comparable to Rocky III in terms of quality. They both have a Return of the Jedi feeling to them (ROTJ being better than both). I also see T2 as the last worthwhile Terminator film, which is harsh, given that the first was so spectacular.

T2 brought a worthwhile conclusion to the storyline - since Skynet was prevented from ever being created. For me, "Terminator" consists of T1 and T2, alone :lol. I honestly couldn't care less about T3 and Salvation.

Damn good replies again thank you!

I have not seen Terminator Salvation. Is it worth it if i find T1 the best and T2 a close second?

Every Rocky movie has life lessons in it. (even Rocky 5 the worst one) I like them all except 5, which even like bad pizza is still pretty good.

Rocky wins for me, but again these 70's/80's/early90's movies all have something for us to enjoy. I fear we may never get to enjoy films like this ever again, or at least a long while till things are reinvented down the road.

Salvation is a good action flick, but a terrible Terminator movie, in my opinion. I think most people wanted to see it, because of the scene with the T-800 at the end :lol.

And yeah, the Rocky films are a masterpiece! :lecture Rocky 5 reiterated the proverb, "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall". I was so happy when Tommy Gunn was getting his a** handed to him, by a somewhat older Rocky who wasn't at his peak anymore :lol.

Someone needs to lock Oscorps ability of making threads and polls.

T1+T2 vs overall Rocky franchise = T>R
Overall Terminator franchise vs overall Rocky franchise = R>T

Back