Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Safe?

Lets recap:

We have zero male character heroes so far. A cast composed of mostly strong female leads. That alone was enough to get neckbeards in a twist and have them shouting "Mary Sue , Mary Sue!!!"

All the men are bad guys....again see above.

We got a show based on a cartoon with zero average person knowledge. Space whales and Sith witches, all never before seen. The idea they are trying to find someone no one knows about and protect tbe galaxy from another character we have never met?

The plot is slow and steady with hardly any OT/PT references at all, up till the last episode. So its a complete mystery whats going on to the vast majority of casuel viewers.

What about that is safe?

For history, I believe all these complaints will come out again, when the female lead saves the day against the men. And the complaints about this being a strong tie in to the ST and the First Order will begin.

Along with the time gates and World between worlds will cause an uproar
I don't know how you can actually believe that. If you look at this objectively, any "casual" viewers who bother to tune into this show are likely competent enough in this day and age to find the answer to these questions with only a few keystrokes on their laptop or PC. Heck, most probably read up on a lot of it after seeing Ahsoka show up in Season 2 of Mando. So while I agree this show isn't playing it safe, that particular argument really doesn't pass muster.

I enjoyed the lightsaber fights. As for the rest ... it felt very much like The Clone Wars and/or Rebels.

The actor playing Syndulla doesn't come across as strong as her cartoon version. Could just be the voice. At least she carries on the venerable Star Wars tradition of child soldiers by having her young child co-pilot them into an unknown armed conflict situation. Where people die.

"...I have a bad feeling..."

"Because your mommy lets people shoot at you."

Just watched the new episode.
Well. I am not a fan of the vast majority of Disney SW nor do I care for the female-centric direction. I really don’t care about arguments of representation or whatever that makes me. This has all been discussed to infinity. Plus, I’ll never not be slightly bitter over not getting Kyle Katarn in live action.

That episode? So sick. I really don’t care about the too-on-the-nose Samurai critique, because in this case, it was incredible. The careful sizing up the opponent, the subtle shifts in stance and the glances. The look and “weight” of the sabers. Ahsoka using the classic Shogun Assassin move to defeat Marrok. Shin’s metsubushi move. Sabine’s dual blasters firing away. Baylan just being a force of nature. The costuming for Baylan and Shin. Sabine and Ahsoka taking off running into the forest all ninja like. Just so much to like about this. I loved it.

The downside is I’m really trying to be strong and not go all out on HT SW. I got Cad Bane. I NEED Baylan and Shin. I fear for what that all means…

I enjoyed the lightsaber fights. As for the rest ... it felt very much like The Clone Wars and/or Rebels.

The actor playing Syndulla doesn't come across as strong as her cartoon version. Could just be the voice. At least she carries on the venerable Star Wars tradition of child soldiers by having her young child co-pilot them into an unknown armed conflict situation. Where people die.

LOL I watched this with my dad and commented the same about her bringing her kid into a dogfight.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead has turkey neck now. The green makeup just accentuates it.

Getting old...it's so sad. It happens to all of us.

I prefer to remember her as the cute girl in the cheerleader outfit in Death Proof, and not a green soccer mom with saggy neck.

160328124708.jpg

I don't know how you can actually believe that. If you look at this objectively, any "casual" viewers who bother to tune into this show are likely competent enough in this day and age to find the answer to these questions with only a few keystrokes on their laptop or PC. Heck, most probably read up on a lot of it after seeing Ahsoka show up in Season 2 of Mando. So while I agree this show isn't playing it safe, that particular argument really doesn't pass muster.
eh, sorry man, I work with the public....
Unless its spoonfed , they are not looking up anything ever. Only the glorious "we" are that interested in SW TV to bother with it.....

In most normi circles , The Mandalorian was the Grogu show....

I would say alot of casual viewers are saying "Who the hell is Asoka? Lukes sister?" Is Sabine the Mandalorians sister? Are they lesbians? Its watch and forget. If you do not believe me, look up any FB post on the show and read the comments. But be warned, your faith in humanity will diminish.

Yet they watch....and Disney will throw them a bone every so often to keep them watching. Hell the entire 3rd season of Mando was for them.....Grogu , I am sure, was supposed to end with Season 2, but they feared losing all those viewers.

Unless its spoonfed , they are not looking up anything ever. Only the glorious "we" are that interested in SW TV to bother with it.....

I would say alot of casual viewers are saying "Who the hell is Asoka? Lukes sister?" Is Sabine the Mandalorians sister? Are they lesbians? Its watch and forget. If you do not believe me, look up any FB post on the show and read the comments. But be warned, your faith in humanity will diminish.

Yet they watch....and Disney will throw them a bone every so often to keep them watching. Hell the entire 3rd season of Mando was for them.....Grogu , I am sure, was supposed to end with Season 2, but they feared losing all those viewers.
I really wondered if that was going to be the case for my dad. We’re watching this together, and while I haven’t watched CW or Rebels, I am enough of a fan of SW in general that I know who the characters are. Him, not at all. But when I brought it up, his reply was, hey as long as it’s good I don’t care about all that lol.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead has turkey neck now. The green makeup just accentuates it.

Getting old...it's so sad. It happens to all of us.

I prefer to remember her as the cute girl in the cheerleader outfit in Death Proof, and not a green soccer mom with saggy neck.

160328124708.jpg
Oh damn. There's been a murder 😅
I've been watching trailers and clips from the show, trying to decide whether to bother watching it (I kinda want to watch just to see Ray Stevenson's performance) so I've seen her in the green make up and costume and yeah, I've got to agree.
Costume looks bad, lekku looks bad and the green makeup really does accentuate every line and wrinkle, not at all flattering.
Hera is green so it's unavoidable they need to use some sort of green makeup but was there nothing they could do to make her look better?
When I look at her, I can't suspend belief that she's a green alien. She just looks like a human in green makeup. A very cosplay look.

Yeah Hera doesn't look great for me either, it's mostly the contacts and the shade of green for her skin. They did wonders improving Ahsoka's makeup and prosthetics from The Mandalorian but seem to have taken a step back with Hera's. I don't care how ***able she is though.

She acts like Hera but yeah her voice doesn't have that strong motherly tone that it did in Rebels.

Also they had her appear in the Star Wars Squadrons video game, which looks realistic and natural especially the eyes, and she looks way better there. Would've preferred someone that matched that.
1694216345201.jpeg

1694216427266.png

Yes I thought that was strange. Couldn't remember if I had even seen this child yet.

Yeah Hera doesn't look great for me either, it's mostly the contacts and the shade of green for her skin. They did wonders improving Ahsoka's makeup and prosthetics from The Mandalorian but seem to have taken a step back with Hera's. I don't care how ***able she is though.

She acts like Hera but yeah her voice doesn't have that strong motherly tone that it did in Rebels.

Also they had her appear in the Star Wars Squadrons video game, which looks realistic and natural especially the eyes, and she looks way better there. Would've preferred someone that matched that.
View attachment 661275
View attachment 661278
I'm not a big Rebels fan but Hera was easily my favourite character from the show.
I really liked the actresses performance on the Rebels show but from I've seen of her so far, I'm a not liking the live action version nearly as much.
To be fair, I've only seen clips from Ahsoka so I need to watch the actual show.

I'm not a big Rebels fan but Hera was easily my favourite character from the show.
I really liked the actresses performance on the Rebels show but from I've seen of her so far, I'm a not liking the live action version nearly as much.
To be fair, I've only seen clips from Ahsoka so I need to watch the actual show.
She’s alright, but the other auditions must have been terrible :lol.

Maybe she’s just not had her moment to shine yet though.

This Hera definitely doesn't jump off the screen like the version in Rebels (and I think someone with more angular features like Adria Arjona from Andor probably would have looked better in the makeup), but I still think it works well enough for the show. And I have no trouble buying her as the same character.

I do agree about those hideous and distracting contacts though. Not sure what they were thinking there.

Oh, did they ever make it official? I know they were cheating on their respective spouses when they hooked up on the set of "Fargo the TV show."

If you work with the public then I’m the one who’s sorry because I’ve felt your pain - my wife works with the public and shares way too much when she gets home lol. And being completely intolerant of stupid people I gave them no consideration and assumed Disney did likewise. Are they even capable of logging into Disney+???

For me - they can act. They behave exactly as someone like they are in that economic or moral class - just folks, scraping by, maybe a little cheat here and there. I like them.
Neither feel like SW to me… Not even a little.. they might as well hang out with Dax in his 50’s diner along with the moped gang.

For me there are horrors like Lizzo's non-acting,
Agreed :)
the candy kid mods,
Agreed :)
was no fan of Luke showing up or the the unkillable Ahsoka,
Don’t agree :(
or Mando holding the purse for Bo-Katan through the whole show,
Agree :)
and I'm not that thrilled with Sabine here in relation to the impression I had of her in Rebels - but, it's fine.
Love her in this but like I said.. Only watched 5 episodes so not attached.

Even have the latest Obi on PO for reasons.
Yikes :lol

Back