Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not arguing good or bad cause I'm enjoing it, but Ballsy and Brave? :lol
This seems like the safest, comfortably mundane, easiest mainstream and familiar, least controversial, least out of the box, show and decision Disney could have made.
And shooting in the volume at this point with what's essentially cosplay looking characters and premise, this show is the embodiment of generic by the numbers, go-to refrances, copy paste enter formula.
Behind or in front of the camera, there is not a single innovative thought or chance being taken here. WTF.
1694184705650.gif

Safe?

Lets recap:

We have zero male character heroes so far. A cast composed of mostly strong female leads. That alone was enough to get neckbeards in a twist and have them shouting "Mary Sue , Mary Sue!!!"

All the men are bad guys....again see above.

We got a show based on a cartoon with zero average person knowledge. Space whales and Sith witches, all never before seen. The idea they are trying to find someone no one knows about and protect tbe galaxy from another character we have never met?

The plot is slow and steady with hardly any OT/PT references at all, up till the last episode. So its a complete mystery whats going on to the vast majority of casuel viewers.

What about that is safe?

For history, I believe all these complaints will come out again, when the female lead saves the day against the men. And the complaints about this being a strong tie in to the ST and the First Order will begin.

Along with the time gates and World between worlds will cause an uproar

I'm hoping this and the upcoming Filoni-directed movie that ties Mando/Ahsoka together can stay away from the Sequel Trilogy and provide a much needed jumping off point before any subsequent media starts explicitly leading into the ST. You can (theoretically) please everyone then; ST lovers/deniers alike.

With this taking place at least 20+ years before The Force Awakens, I am hoping this is the case.

Ray's controlled response to Ahsoka possibly thwarting their entire mission ("that was very unwise...") was so freaking OT Vader-esque in its delivery.
I like that he's not just out to kill them because bad guy bad, he gives them every opportunity to back down and walk away.

One reminds of a Buffy monster and the other is a cameo in the Holiday special… I let you guess which is which :lol

I disliked both. Completely took me out of the universe.
For me - they can act. They behave exactly as someone like they are in that economic or moral class - just folks, scraping by, maybe a little cheat here and there. I like them.

For me there are horrors like Lizzo's non-acting, the candy kid mods, was no fan of Luke showing up or the the unkillable Ahsoka, or Mando holding the purse for Bo-Katan through the whole show, and I'm not that thrilled with Sabine here in relation to the impression I had of her in Rebels - but, it's fine. Even have the latest Obi on PO for reasons.

At least now it's looking like I'll be able to pretend that the First Order came to power due to the badass efforts of Baylan Skoll and Shin Hati instead of a late night tantrum of Kylo Ren, lol.
You made me sad. Watched a clip with Kylo yesterday. What a waste of some good actors. I keep thinking of what might have been.

I try not to think about how horrified I was when it was clear, via Mando there IS and WILL BE ties to the ST. And IMO it won't be like the PT where you can appreciate the breadth and scale in hindsight except for the coarse sand comments.

I watched TROS again, once, and it was so much worse. :stake

At least now it's looking like I'll be able to pretend that the First Order came to power due to the badass efforts of Baylan Skoll and Shin Hati instead of a late night tantrum of Kylo Ren, lol.
I kinda am glad we are seeing the answers to the complaints people had about the ST.

Honestly was very excited to see Grogu because I thought it would lead to a larger explanation of Sith powers and the long eluded to "ways to cheat death".

I have long held that Sith power of the two is a parasitic relationship, and I believe it is backed by many scenes in PT / OT / and ST not to mention the shows. I really want to see those secret labs that use force user blood to resurrect or empower the master.

I think its obvious now that the Master feeds of the strength of the apprentice , in a willing partnership.

But , can the Sith use or steal the force strength of an unwilling Jedi or apprentice?

Back