Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Yeah, it's been too long since I watched the Rebels WBW episodes so I'm rather hazy on the admission requirements. Maybe since she was brought in once before she has an all access pass now? :lol Regardless I'm not going to lose any sleep over it...

I appreciate how you're reconciling it, but just read your own words to see the contradictions being necessitated:

"Anakin says he didn't expect to see her so soon it implies that he didn't expect her to have died yet."

Is Ahsoka's death predetermined or not? Does afterlife Anakin (consciousness residing in the WBW) know when she's supposed to die? If so, how could he ever be "surprised" to see Ahsoka in the WBW at any time in her life if her destiny has been predetermined?

And I disagree about how "will of the Force" has been a part of SW before. It was never explicitly defined as a reality of predetermined *and unavoidable* destinies until the WBW plot device. If Ezra wasn't changing the past when he pulled Ahsoka out of the Vader duel, then everything is fatalistic in SW. But at least the animated series can be interpreted more loosely than live action.
More to the point, if the WBW exists outside of space and time and that's where Anakin is then he shouldn't be aware of the passage of time lol...

Spoiler Spoiler:

And what's all this talk about "pulling out"...?
yoda-star-wars.gif

Whole show has been great so far and this episode was 10/10 Star Wars content.
10/10 Star Wars content means different things to alot of people lol 😂.
For instance.
Going back to no colored lightsabers or pt references and less jedi is 10/10 content for some fans 😂

Really really liked this episode! I thought the way connection/potential loss of that connection played into every single character's journey this episode was really fun to watch. I think Filoni has a pretty good handle on the thematic qualities he's trying to impart with the two master/apprentice relationships we've seen so far.

Here's some of my thoughts on that if you're interested in reading...

Spoiler Spoiler:

My only other point to make is to plead. Hot Toys. Please make Baylan and Shin. It's just so beyond necessary. I think their outfits were even cooler without the cloaks too which I didn't think was possible honestly. :lol

I feel like it's almost a chorus of praise for those two. Even that Jeremy Jahns video posted above, where he's ultimately pretty meh on the show, involves a bunch of praise for them. Great antagonists make Star Wars special and its even better when it works to further the protagonists too.

It's a far from perfect show for sure, but I'm immersed. I want more. I can only hope the back half delivers on what the first half has set up.

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

This is what I notice too... English is my third language, so I always turn on the subtitle. At the last scene before credit:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hearing good things about this one. Should I renew my subscription 🤔🤔
Since you are a fan of TCW and I think Rebels (or was that ducky) I think you would like this show.

I have. I think the few warts that people claim are on this show are more like small pimples that are easily removed with some Oxy10 cover up

Hey look I’m just saying lmao 😂 Facebook, Twitter and here aren’t complaining about it like the others so to see no negativity surrounding a Star Wars project gives me optimism. But I agree the show ain’t over yet lol.
Yeah…. If I were you I would wait to see if it ends well.

Not gonna lie… I will be in suspense from here on out worrying that they are gonna screw this all up.

Since you are a fan of TCW and I think Rebels (or was that ducky) I think you would like this show.

I have. I think the few warts that people claim are on this show are more like small pimples that are easily removed with some Oxy10 cover up
Some folks have made thier minds up about Disney and SW a LONG time ago.

They will die on the hill saying its all bad , nothing like the OT/PT blah blah blah......

At this point they have said it so much they will never go back and admit that Disney is making some good content now.

You know even if they did like it they would never give Katherine Kennedy any credit for the good stuff.....only give her crap for the problems as they see it....

Its kind cultish behavior.

Some folks have made thier minds up about Disney and SW a LONG time ago.

They will die on the hill saying its all bad , nothing like the OT/PT blah blah blah......

At this point they have said it so much they will never go back and admit that Disney is making some good content now.

You know even if they did like it they would never give Katherine Kennedy any credit for the good stuff.....only give her crap for the problems as they see it....

Its kind cultish behavior.
It kind of seems that way. I mean I get it.. Kennedy SW has really burnt the fans too many times but you got to give credit where credit is due.

Now that credit should not go to KK but rather DF. So there should be no harm in singing it’s praises :lol

I just know Mando got lots of love the first 2 season even though there were some awful moments, bad acting, stupid characters and dull plots but people gave all that a pass.

I’m not saying it’s the people here but I’ve seen some reviewers complaining and they come across as a bit silly cause there arguments don’t hold up… not when they praised Mando just a few years ago.

Ahsoka has me feeling a bit like my old fan boy self again. I thought that was lost. I was really checked out and in all honesty and was ready to cancel D+. Glad I waited.

It kind of seems that way. I mean I get it.. Kennedy SW has really burnt the fans too many times but you got to give credit where credit is due.

Now that credit should not go to KK but rather DF. So there should be no harm in singing it’s praises :lol

I just know Mando got lots of love the first 2 season even though there were some awful moments, bad acting, stupid characters and dull plots but people gave all that a pass.

I’m not saying it’s the people here but I’ve seen some reviewers complaining and they come across as a bit silly cause there arguments don’t hold up… not when they praised Mando just a few years ago.

Ahsoka has me feeling a bit like my old fan boy self again. I thought that was lost. I was really checked out and in all honesty and was ready to cancel D+. Glad I waited.

I was lost for a while too.

Some of the series just went through the motions. There were good moments in them, but they didn't capture the spirit or nostalgia I was looking for. Beyond the OT the best of Star Wars for me has always been the earlier novels. Those writers, beginning with Brian Daley, really got Star Wars. Turned out they knew it better than Lucas himself when 1999 came around.

Alan Dean Foster is in there too, since he wrote Star Wars as well as Splinter of the Mind's Eye, but the latter was already a 'legend' long before the concept of Legends.

Andor was good, but in a different way. It was at the extreme opposite of OWK, TBOBF and most of the PT and TCW, which were pretty all much Saturday morning cartoons due to their misplaced 'humour'. I use 'humour' loosely because OWK and TBOBF had elements to laugh at rather than with, and in the PT and TCW Jar Jar and the Battle Droids weren't funny but merely annoyingly stupid and completely undermined everything else.

Somehow Ahsoka captures the nostalgia better so far.

Last edited:
Just when I thought Baylan couldn't get any cooler than previous episode. Maybe a bit emotional of his recent passing, but Stevenson is almost perfect in every way.
I hope Disney give his character a fitting end. Atm, HT baylan is top priority from this show.

Whole show has been great so far and this episode was 10/10 Star Wars content.

Renew? Whole show has been great so far and this episode was 10/10 Star Wars content. I think you overestimate their chances!

All but one episode have been good and the last one was great IMO. The one lesser episode was not even that bad.

Renew? All but one episode have been good and the last one was great IMO. The one lesser episode was not even that bad. I think you overestimate their chances!

Renew? After one apparently half-decent episode? I think you overestimate their chances....

Nah, mine worked better guys.

That was the best single episode of any live-action Star Wars series ever.
I'm not so sure about that... :dunno

I have yet to see reaction videos and clips all over the internet of people losing their ****, crying, and screaming joy like when Luke showed up at the end of Mando s2.

I highly doubt this comes even close to that. No matter how emotional anything gets with these rebels characters, there are a much smaller percentage of fans emotionally invested in this than OT characters. I like Ahsoka and would've preferred she died in Rebels at the hands of Vader. Now that would've been an emotional ride.

I'm patiently waiting for this to end and read the final consensus to decide if I'll care enough to watch it.

Back