Star Wars: Ahsoka

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently there's a running change on Hasbro's Baylon and Shin figures to give them orange sabers instead of the red ones they were originally issued with.

I didn't watch the show, so I was just curious....why? Was it ever explained why these two have orange lightsabers??
I don't think it was explained on screen but Baylon and Shin are clearly not Jedi but they're not Sith either. I guess the orange lightsaber is meant to show that.
This first season didn't really explore much about who Baylan and Shin are.
Their lightsabers are apparently a very old design.
Baylan tells Shin at one point that he trained her to be more than a Jedi.
Thrawn refers him to Baylan as a General so that confirms what was pretty obvious, he was a general in the Clone Wars.
Baylan tells Ahsoka that he knew Anakin.
Baylan is looking for something in the new galaxy that will "break the cycle" or something like that.
That's about all we learn about Baylan and Shin in the show.

Apparently there's a running change on Hasbro's Baylon and Shin figures to give them orange sabers instead of the red ones they were originally issued with.

I didn't watch the show, so I was just curious....why? Was it ever explained why these two have orange lightsabers??
No, it’s not explained (don’t really think it has to be either).

But the simple answer really is that they’re not Jedi or Sith, and not truly good nor evil.

Because this is the new and improved Disney Star Wars...... Anyone can be a Jedi, and you can choose whatever color you want your lightsaber to be.

Duh!!!! :dance

Season 1 never got into it but I think Baylon is supposed to be a “gray” jedi. Neither light or dark.
If you watch Star Wars Visions season 2 they sort of touch on this concept.

Also I remember there was some talk that Benicio del Toro’s character in ‘the Last Jedi’ was supposed to touch on that idea. (But that film is an absolute train wreck so take that with a grain of salt)

So now that a weakend Thrawn is "back home" and we know he does not re-start the Empire, what kind of skullduggery can he get up to? His resources are nearly drained and he is more vulnerable than he thinks

So now that a weakend Thrawn is "back home" and we know he does not re-start the Empire, what kind of skullduggery can he get up to? His resources are nearly drained and he is more vulnerable than he thinks
He will amass a huge fleet and there will be a massive battle for the future of the galaxy. He will be narrowly defeated and then immediately after that the galaxy will get magic amnesia and disarm the republic just in time for the sequels, because reasons.

He will amass a huge fleet and there will be a massive battle for the future of the galaxy. He will be narrowly defeated and then immediately after that the galaxy will get magic amnesia and disarm the republic just in time for the sequels, because reasons.
Ooooh instantly forgetting that you're still surrounded by threats is tight!

Because this is the new and improved Disney Star Wars...... Anyone can be a Jedi, and you can choose whatever color you want your lightsaber to be.

Duh!!!! :dance
Sure seems like that. The only thing I don’t seem to like about the pt content is that everyone and their mom is a jedi and all of them didn’t die they just kinda were spread out. Oh and also you do t have to be a jedi to weild a lighsaber nor a sith. You can be a grey jedi, a dark jedi, a force user, an inquisitor, whatever you want.

So yea the jedi and sith aren’t as special as it use to be and it seems like 500 jedi slipped through the “extinction” cracks

So yea the jedi and sith aren’t as special as it use to be and it seems like 500 jedi slipped through the “extinction” cracks
:lol

I'm starting to think that the five or so Jedi we witness being gunned down during Order 66 were the only Jedi who actually were killed...

Sure seems like that. The only thing I don’t seem to like about the pt content is that everyone and their mom is a jedi and all of them didn’t die they just kinda were spread out. Oh and also you do t have to be a jedi to weild a lighsaber nor a sith. You can be a grey jedi, a dark jedi, a force user, an inquisitor, whatever you want.

The Jedi didn’t all die in the OT either. Plus 40-odd survivors out of 10,000+ really is not that many.

Palpatine successfully crippled and dismantled the Jedi and in doing so he was able to take control of the Galaxy.

Before The Phantom Menace the Jedi believed they had wiped out the Sith, but that didn’t happen either.

The Jedi didn’t all die in the OT either. Plus 40-odd survivors out of 10,000+ really is not that many.

Palpatine successfully crippled and dismantled the Jedi and in doing so he was able to take control of the Galaxy.

Before The Phantom Menace the Jedi believed they had wiped out the Sith, but that didn’t happen either.
Wait, there were 10,000+ Jedi? So either an individual Sith ("Always two there are - no more, no less.") is way more powerful than a single Jedi or Anakin's fall to the Dark Side was necessary to bring balance to The Force. So he DID fulfill the "Chosen One" prophecy, just not how Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan envisioned. Pretty obvious when you think about it. If only the Jedi Academy curriculum valued mathematics as much as floating rocks and laser sword fighting lol...

Getting chummy with the Skywalker bloodline.

1704068120328.png

Yoda truky believed there was none left except Luke. Unless that was a retcon.

Back