Star Trek: TOS/TWOK/Into Darkness head sculpts and uniforms

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually,I haven't used the delta you sent yet.My wife commissioned a custom Uhura uni from one of her FB doll buddies,so the SMcG uniform got a delta from Onesixthscaleking;he does a whole set,which are almost as good as yours.We just got pix of the new uniform;so far it's looking pretty decent.When it arrives(should be sometime next week) I will of course post pix.
On a slightly related topic,I just took a look at Nanjin's TOS thread.One of the posters included a list of the characters he would like to have;most were those you've already done. Nanjin posted a digital line-up of the head sculpts he's commissioned;you guessed it,all the ones you've already done,less Kor. I've done a little business with him;seems like an ok guy,but a bit stiff(bought 1 Disruptor).Guess we're boldly going there first...PS

Hey guys my house was flooded in the "South Carolina Floods" and my insurance decided that that "particular" type of flooding wasn’t covered, so I’m out of pocket on the repairs and doing most of them myself. I had to rip out the bottom two feet of sheet rock and insulation around the house, had to take out all the flooring. (I just laid 850 sqft of tile, finished that yesterday.) So I would say that I’ll be out of commission until at least mid November.

WOW!
Sorry to hear that! Take your time & straighten out your 1:1 life!
By the way, is this your insurance agent?
W_C_Fields.jpg

Gees,if it weren't for bad luck...get your life together before you even think about this silly stuff. I'll hold a "Nichelle" for you until you have things back together...PS

Bump time;Uhura's uni arrived.From the hips up it's great;the hems need work.Should be ordering rubber and dye Fri. evening...PS

Rubber has arrived,first halves are poured on Nichelle and Carrie(Fisher).So far,so good.Just need to organize my time...PS

Interested in buying an Uhura, please keep us updated on when it becomes available for purchase. I have been waiting a long time for a good headsculpt of her.
Thank you

The second halves have been poured,and the molds opened.I expect it'll be a week or so to get them vented and ready to try.So far,they look good.I will keep everyone posted,of course...PS

Here are the test shots...

I actually made 3 shots;1 in white(no dye)and 2 with the AA dye to see what I need to do to match the color on the body I'm using.So far,I've learned that 1)the mold needs some external support,and2)I need to pick up some red dye.Also,for some reason,I'm getting more bubbles with the dyed castings.The fun never stops...PS

Finally figured out what was bugging me about the sculpt;I left off the proper contour under the jaw.Sculpt has been modified(for the last time,I hope)and thrown back in the mold so a new 2nd half can be poured. To quote Bullwinkle"This time for sure!"...P

Last edited:
Bump;New 2nd halves poured.Tomorrow I'll vent and shoot new tests...PS

Test shots look pretty good.Of course,now I've run out of rein(just can't win).Seriously,I'm ordering a new rein this weekend(with a 15 minute work time)so we'll see where things go.PM if this is something you're interested in...PS

Last edited:
Bump;wish I had news,but seasonal finances have put a hold on things for the moment,though we are working on female uniform patterns,as the custom my wife commissioned was not up to Spenser's standards.So we try to make our own.Turns out there are a lot of variations over 3 seasons,not to mention re-boots and "tribute"episodes.'Guess if it was easy anyone could do it...PS

'Other bump.this time with pix.Had a request for pix of my test shots(Gahd knows why)and figured I'd throw in a few of the custom uni as well...

the 2-shot shows the"before and after"of the "undertow"area...

the revised sculpt in place...

The custom uniform,front and back.While it does conform to the patterns(for season 1)overall it is a bit rough,especially the back.Also,the fabric is just wrong;the "ribbed" texture would be more accurate for movie style uni's.I am in consultation with Spenser to get the right fabric(the fabric he uses on his is quite literally perfect).Should be getting resin within the next 2 weeks or so;I'm going with a slow cure in hope of eliminating the trapped air...PS

Back