1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Additional work-in-progress pics. I thought about just waiting until it's all done but just wanted to share how cool this figure is. Pics do not do it justice.

It's got so much shelf presence that I hate to say it, it possibly overtakes Indy for attention on the shelf! (I still need to come up with a ToD Indy...)

MR 1.jpg
MR 4 sm.jpg

Now where are people finding the 1/6 scale heart? I definitely need to add that to his right hand.

How could you put Mola's hand right in the way of his beautiful necklaces!? :lol

Looking good! Looking... Kali-ma!

If you got all that gear from Spenser then you can get the heart from him. Just contact him.

Mola's coming along, FlyAndFight! Definitely a show-stealer.

I still need to get that bloody heart too and your pic reminded me that I need to get to work on the arm wraps as well.

Thank you, guys!

I didn't know that the heart was from Spencer. Will definitely reach out to him on that. Thanks WG!

The arm wraps appear too glossy so I may carefully brush on some Dullcoat on them.

I still need to paint the red stripes on his upper left arm, though.

And for the record, I will NOT undress/redress this guy! Not a fun or easy task to do! :gah: :lol

Decided to dye a body using synthetic RIT, came out a bit darker than I wanted but it's very close to the sculpt so still works.

Made some rookie mistakes, like leaving the chest piece on, so the dye didn't reach areas of the shoulder that might be exposed depending on the pose. Can't see it in this photo but there are some clearly lighter sections that would have been hit if I dyed the pieces separately. Still happy with how it came out. Need to add the red paint marks on the shoulder next.

9228e33bfc3de6b43f1281ba955368fc.jpg

522ba3841d8cf3a661383c598e2e470f.jpg

Must have been nerve-wracking.

Yup! :lol

I'm not sure how much it helped, but the dye worked so quickly and immediately felt too dark so I tried painting it after and then stripping the paint with alcohol, which was a pain in the ass. Then even used RIT Dye remover. Combined they probably got it a bit closer than it was.

I need to learn to do a little bit of dye at a time. Set it aside see if it's dark enough, etc.

Also added some orange to one of my Sideshow bodies to get it closer to my original Jnix head. That came out pretty close.

cb00d11271df22e9971d8963181b49b8.jpg

Understandably nerve-wracking but you did a great job.

I'm not sure if it is just mine, but my Mola Ram's head sculpt doesn't appear as dark as yours or others that have been posted. While definitely a little darker than the majority of figure bodies, it doesn't look odd enough to have me try the RIT job.

Understandably nerve-wracking but you did a great job.

I'm not sure if it is just mine, but my Mola Ram's head sculpt doesn't appear as dark as yours or others that have been posted. While definitely a little darker than the majority of figure bodies, it doesn't look odd enough to have me try the RIT job.

Mine does seem a bit dark, but honestly under the detolf lights it looked fine on typical tan bodies as the light kinda blends the tones together. Outside though the contrast was more noticeable so I figured i would try it.

I finally obtained a 1/6 scaled heart for my Mola Ram. I believe it is from an early Sideshow figure, most likely "X-Files".

I need to repaint it and add some blood to Mola's hand, as well, but I'm closer to finishing up my Mola Ram display. Although you can't see the arms, I still need to paint the stripes on his biceps.

Mola Ram figure 1.jpg

I finally obtained a 1/6 scaled heart for my Mola Ram. I believe it is from an early Sideshow figure, most likely "X-Files".

I need to repaint it and add some blood to Mola's hand, as well, but I'm closer to finishing up my Mola Ram display. Although you can't see the arms, I still need to paint the stripes on his biceps.

View attachment 509612

Looking good buddy :clap. I doubt any company will ever make a Mola Ram 1/6 fig! Can I ask, where did you get the Chalice of Kali? I would love to put something like that in my Indy display.

View attachment 509612

Nice tip on the heart. :duff Just picked one up off eBay from Buffy it looks like, little pricey but will get me closer to finishing up Mola.

I'll get Spenser's if he makes some available again but this will work in the interim.

That "heart" is from every set that SS produced that included a heart.:lol

Looking good buddy :clap. I doubt any company will ever make a Mola Ram 1/6 fig! Can I ask, where did you get the Chalice of Kali? I would love to put something like that in my Indy display.

Thanks! The chalice was part of Spencer's Mola Ram figure set. It is amazing, as are all of items he created. The only thing that I added was the figure's body and the base. It is pricey but as you said, the odds are that we won't see an official version any time soon.

Really nice, Fly!

Thanks! :duff It really is a grail for me and my Indy collection. Now if only that "Present Toys" Indy releases so that I can work on converting it to a ToD version...

Nice tip on the heart. :duff Just picked one up off eBay from Buffy it looks like, little pricey but will get me closer to finishing up Mola.

I'll get Spenser's if he makes some available again but this will work in the interim.

Yeah, I too await Spenser's version but this is a good stand-in. I've had that heart on my Ebay Watch list for months! :lol I just couldn't bring myself to hit the "Buy it Now" button. Was planning on sculpting my own with Super Sculpy but I have a bud working on some custom figures and when he found out that I needed a 1/6 heart for Mola Ram, he searched and found it in his spares box. I lucked out.

That "heart" is from every set that SS produced that included a heart.:lol

:lol I just asked and he said it was from the "Bride of Frankenstein" figure. That's going WAY back in the Sideshow 1/6 history of figures. And to think that I used to have mostl of those figures and ended up selling them all but one to "Pixeltwin", if not mistaken, many years ago. I still have the "London After Midnight" figure. It's still too freakin' cool.

Back