Star Trek: TOS/TWOK/Into Darkness head sculpts and uniforms

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got around to working on Nichelle this weekend;I believe I have her ready to set up for molding,but something about her is bothering me,so I'm asking for a few other pairs of eyes to give their opinions...

Adding eyebrows and finishing the hair brought her along nicely,but I keep getting the feeling that something is "off"...
I've also found a source for uniform insignia...onesithscaleking.com
His selection of badges,patches and incidentals is most impressive;everything from cigarette packs to Playboy!Anyway,any commentary is very much appreciated...PS

I think the thing that's off or missing in the sculpt, is that for most of the run of the original show, she styled her hair different. I think you will get a better likeness with bangs or as the Brits say fringe.

bangs or as the Brits say fringe.

I wondered this exact question and forgot to look it up! A HP audiobook (Amercianised) said Harry flattened his bangs. I thought it meant fringe, but wasn't sure!

Anyway, sorry for being off-topic. She is coming along nicely - good job! And I agree with jungle jom, for what it's worth.

Uhura2260s.jpg

In the later 2nd and most of the 3rd season she had her hair off her forehead,which I personally prefer(actually,it's the funky curley-cue that I dislike).Anyway,At this point it's the features that I'm concerned about;changing the hair is relatively easy...PS

I personally prefer that look, but difference makes the world go round.

I have had a minor epiphany regarding the sculpt;realized that the jawline was WAY off,symmetry-wize. Also.one ear was noticeably higher than the other. I have therefore filled up the narrow side and lowered the ear(ironically,both were on the same side).I may also re-do the hair(yes,bangs).I also have better boots on the way,as well as uniform insignia.Such fun...PS

Bump time...the Good news;I now have uniform insignia for Uhura(several,in fact).
The bad news;due to it being an insanely wet June(9"!of rain in the last 3 weeks)my basements has suffered some minor but troublesome flooding which requires serious attention.As the studio happens to be IN the basement,it means all my current projects have come to a screeching halt for the duration.But of course,there is no climate change...PS

Bump time;basement now water-sealed,red-organization in progress.Yesterday I actually saw the top of my bench!At this rate,I may actually get to work on something besides moving things around by mid-month...PS

Another quick bump;thanks to my good friend SilentG,Uhura now has more appropriate boots,which I shall photo and post soon...PS

Back