1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The current ToD display.
E11F218A-6523-489B-B8B4-01D2C5CF1FA8.jpg

Yep. Good point on the "Bond" thing. I remember when he first appears in the tux and how cool he looked. Gotta love his "Indy" look but the tux was such a cool surprise.

I need some help from those that picked up Spencer's outfit.

I have followed the video several times and believe that I've done it right but for some reason, the waist section containing the "hook and eye" fastener just doesn't look good. It is too exposed/separated and doesn't look good. I'm not sure if it's that I'm not setting up the outfit correctly or if there is possibly something wrong with the outfit itself.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Here's the area that I'm referring to:

Spencer MR - 1.jpg

Its hard to tell whats going on there -- can you post a picture further away?

On mine, ultimately the hook is covered by the sash over his shoulder... but on the snap, the red edge of the robe covers my snap.

It does take some finessing and futzing to get it all settled. Also, it could be the girth of your selected body stretching the material and exposing the snap.

The sash does cover it, for the most part. That's why I didn't have it showing so that the area in question could be seen.

The body isn't stretching the material, fortunately. In the center, there is the snap and just above it is the hook and eye fastener (which is black and difficult to see in the pics.) It is this area that appears to be off, for the most part. Plus, I've seen some photos from others and the black belt-like piece in the waist area appears on the other side, as well. Mine just shows on the left side of the photos. Just checking to see if I've set it up incorrectly or if perhaps the outfit is off somewhat.

Here are some additional photos:

Spencer MR - 3.jpg
Spencer MR - 4.jpg
Spencer MR - 5.jpg

It does look like something's off there. Are you using the skirt? There is a snap that is to connect the skirt with a thin piece that goes over the shoulder. I'm not sure you have that on correctly. Are there two sets of snaps or one on your robe (the hook seems fine)?

Best to send those pictures to Spenser, perhaps he can see immediately what is wrong.

Thanks, Wor-Gar!

I am using the skirt and the snap is in place, as well. It does appear that I've set it up and just needs more of our hobby's infamous "futzing" to look good. After work, I'll dive back in. I just wanted to make sure that either I was doing something wrong or that perhaps the outfit had something off. It definitely is a complicated setup!

It definitely is a complicated setup!

Yeah, its pretty incredible that Spenser's mind could unscramble this pattern in his 3D mental model to produce the pattern. I was totally baffled myself, and this was before he did the video tutorial.

The only reason I haven't finished my Mola Ram (the body painting) is because I'm terrorized by the thought of having to undo AND redo the robe again. :lol

Yeah the robe didn't close that tightly on mine either, which is why I moved one of the hooks a bit further in. But given that the connection is covered up by the sash anyway, you could always just use a pin to hold the sides closer together.

Ah, good to know that you had a similar experience, Dave. Now at least I can be sure that I set it up as correctly as possible.

Wor-Gar, it took me 3 attempts at getting the robe to this point. I too don't want to undo and redo! :rotfl

I ended up shifting the entire outfit further over to the right side so that the shoulder wrap covered the area in question and had the added benefit of making the part that falls towards the back not too long. I think that it looks good now and after some water treatment, I'll be able to mold in some additional folds throughout.

I just had to plop on the fantastic head sculpt in order to see how amazing it looks. What a great project from Spenser. So glad I finally jumped in.

Mola Ran outfit 1.jpg

Back