Star Trek Figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The fully cloaked BoP is actually really cool. I like it better than the decloaking one.

Obviously they had to gut all of the electronics but you can be sure this empty hull will cost just as much, if not more, because it is a SDCC exclusive. I'd feel jipped not having the one with the electronics.

Obviously they had to gut all of the electronics but you can be sure this empty hull will cost just as much, if not more, because it is a SDCC exclusive. I'd feel jipped not having the one with the electronics.

Especially since there's no paint apps needed. I'd get it if it's $40, but no more than that.

I definitely think it should only be round $40. Though I do fear that it'll be more since it's an exclusive. I mean, I don't think I'll get it in any case, but it does look cool.

Eaglemoss updated their Star Trek Starships page to say the collection will include ships from the new movies now! CBS gave them the go ahead.

EDIT:

Yikes! Apparently the cost of the BoP Cloaked is $60!

Last edited:
So excited! This is exactly what I was hoping they'd do. Although I was hoping Carol Marcus might be in this set. On Target's site, but no in stock yet:

9127822048_a6f4675b93_o.jpg

9125602095_7644e47e59.jpg

Interesting. I don't see where you can place the mini figures in the Vengeance, unless that's a really big toy.
Not really interested in the block stuff though.

I've been running around trying to find the Hot Wheels Trek ships to no avail. I really hope the large ships make it to retail, I'd hate to see the line canceled again before I could get the Abrams, NX-01, and OS Enterprises.

Those old Playmates figures are practically worthless now. Good luck trying to sell them. Most collector shops won't even take them.

Interesting. I don't see where you can place the mini figures in the Vengeance, unless that's a really big toy.
Not really interested in the block stuff though.

Guessing there's a small command area on top of the saucer. The sort of "windshield" looking piece seems like it should flip up.

Those old Playmates figures are practically worthless now. Good luck trying to sell them. Most collector shops won't even take them.

since the 4.5" started at a few bucks retail, there's not many that you'll be able to retire on. i recently sold a seven of nine as borg for $16 shipped and the guy was very happy to get it. these still go from a couple of bucks up to around $15 depending on what they are.

i also have most of the 9" figures and they also put out a couple of 12" figures that i also own. (janeway and seven). they are fun to collect without hurting your wallet.

Got the Star Trek Select Kirk and Spock today.

Oh man, I am going to have to eat some crow on these guys. When they first showed the concept of these, I was very skeptical. Why forgo articulation in the legs? The dioramas looked cool, but why cut articulation? The more pictures I saw the more I warmed to them, but was far from convinced. Did I want to buy these? The truth is, I grew up with TNG, and though I enjoy the original series I have never bought a ton of the merch with them. I passed on most of the Playmates of the original crew. Same with DST/Art Asylum's offerings. But I decided to give these a go.

I'm so glad I did. I've had a total blast with these figures. I really think everyone is going to get one hell of a kick out of these.

All the pictures here are just the two Select sets. I didn't buy the TRU ones. But just in these two sets you have an AMAZING amount of options.

I'm only posting some pics here. If you want to see the full set you can go here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/31045631@N00/sets/72157634398796061/

9170511161_6287e4e07f_c.jpg

Spock is the crowning achievement here. The only thing he's missing is the Vulcan Salute hand, and I imagine if Selects take off we'll get another Spock one day that can include that. I'm not sure if one of the hands from past DST figures would work? I'll check that out.

9170511819_1eaf4c00f7_c.jpg

The Horta base is incredibly well realized. I do miss the eggs. But it's a small thing to lose. He looks great interacting with it in a variety of ways.

9170512079_4dffefe71d_c.jpg

The alternate head sculpt is awesome for all kinds of poses and scenes. It makes me wish Kirk had another head even more. But what we are getting here is so phenomenal that softens the blow. :)

9170514119_f09eccea59_c.jpg

Nothing prepares you for how HUGE the diorama with Kirk is. It's incredibly well detailed and painted. I love the swappable cardboard backdrop. A really clever way to approach this.

9170514735_4d06ff4116_c.jpg

Can I just say, I think this might be the best Kirk head sculpt ever? I know not everyone has loved it, but I really see Shatner in there. More than any other action figure I can think of.

9170513685_a02d732f9f_c.jpg

I'm officially sold on the solid legs, btw. These figures are just so much more dynamic and exciting than even the past DST figures I've bought. I compare the energy with these to the TNG and Wrath figures I just got. There's just no comparison. It's like the best of action figures and statues combined. I'm blown away by how much I like this.

9170514213_20251cf85e_c.jpg

Just a comparison (I have no TOS figures from AA/DST) to show you how much more natural and dynamic you can get these figures compared to past figures.

9170513195_fbf603cdec_c.jpg

I don't want to overload this with pics, but I had to show more. Again, if you want to see a few more (or see these much larger, I uploaded them at almost full res) click the link above.

Final thoughts? Part of me thinks these are almost TOO good. What do I mean? Well, I am hoping Picard comes with some extra hands ands stuff. Or at least that his torso is made like these so future TNG figures can swap parts with him. The dioramas, the extra parts and the sheer scale of the HUGE amount of awesome that comes with these is so incredibly impressive. I hope they keep it up with Picard. I'm already loving the Borg Base and half Borg after being a bit skeptical of them. But if the final figure likeness turns out like these, then he'll be a must-have. I just hope they are being conservative with what they are showing of him so they can show us more, not less, and avoid the disappointment some have felt when certain pieces were cut from these. But let me tell you, there's no reason to be disappointed by these at all. To offer these with all these parts for $25 (I got mine for $20 and they are pretty readily available at this price) is pretty amazing.

Hey, they're releasing this sooner than I thought!

Star Trek IV HMS Bounty Klingon Bird Of Prey Vehicle
Diamond Select Release! Designed and Sculpted by Art Asylum! From the year 1986, comes the newest electronic starship from DST! This Klingon Bird of Prey was captured by the crew of the destroyed Enterprise, renamed "Bounty," and used to go back in time to find humpback whales. Now it's back in the future to join your collection! Measuring 19 inches wide by 12 inches long, this new edition of the Bird of Prey includes exclusive sounds, dialogue and a set of landing gear with "Bounty" written on it! Comes with a display stand!

SRP: $70
Release: January 2014

bqg9.jpg

5s1v.jpg

I'm definitely not going to miss out on this, I just hope I don't have the problems I had with the first one. :banghead

I ordered several of the Eaglemoss ships from BBTS. I never bought the similar F-Toys minis, because for some inexplicable reason they made the Romulan Warbird a secret item.

On that note, I wish Aoshima has done more than just the Enterprise D.

Edit: Just noticed this:

That's a fantastic Dax figure Star Puffs!
The costume is exceptionally well made. Head sculpt and paint looks great, especially the spots!

Thank you for the compliments.

Not seen any other threads for the Eaglemoss Star Trek ships, they are really good for the price. I currently have Enterprise D, Enterprise Refit, NX-01 and Romulan Warbird, just waiting on my Klingon Bird of Prey which got lost in the post... doh. I'll try and get some pictures up once my phone has recharged.

Not seen any other threads for the Eaglemoss Star Trek ships, they are really good for the price. I currently have Enterprise D, Enterprise Refit, NX-01 and Romulan Warbird, just waiting on my Klingon Bird of Prey which got lost in the post... doh. I'll try and get some pictures up once my phone has recharged.

This is the thread to post about them.
I just subscribed on the 18th, paid for the first set last Thursday on the 24th which I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting to get charged for the second set yesterday! It would be nice if they told you when they're going to charge you ahead of time. :banghead
This was supposed to start in October here in the States, I just didn't know that payments started at the beginning of the month.

I asked and have been told that I'll be charged every 28 days from the last payment. Now that I've also signed up for specials, the first special DS9 is expected to hit at the end of November for $38. I really hope they inform us ahead of time and not spring the payment on us when we least expect it.

I like these ships and want to collect them all, but damn I did not expect to pay $64.80 in just one week. :mad:

This is the thread to post about them.
I just subscribed on the 18th, paid for the first set last Thursday on the 24th which I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting to get charged for the second set yesterday! It would be nice if they told you when they're going to charge you ahead of time. :banghead
This was supposed to start in October here in the States, I just didn't know that payments started at the beginning of the month.

I asked and have been told that I'll be charged every 28 days from the last payment. Now that I've also signed up for specials, the first special DS9 is expected to hit at the end of November for $38. I really hope they inform us ahead of time and not spring the payment on us when we least expect it.

I like these ships and want to collect them all, but damn I did not expect to pay $64.80 in just one week. :mad:

I'd imagine it will even out over time, just had Voyager and the K'tinga arrive unfortunalty Voyager had a paint smudge on the hull and is coming apart so requesting a replacement, still no sign of the Bird of Prey yet. They are out of stock at the moment but said they will send the 3rd one they have sent me on a special delivery. I can not imagine why them sending issue 3 to me is a such a problem when I have had 4&5 and 6&7.

Back