Star Trek beams home to Playmates Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah hopefully these turn out better than those dreadful Kelvin figures. I've pretty much lost interest in collecting smaller action figures lately, but I would totally make an exception for more Playmates Trek done in a similar style as the original line.

120763e48136800f88fa5a41eb0dc5ea.png

5gdsig.gif

Homage to their old^ line promo...
Combining them as a gif. looks like they are beaming them down for an intro.

I see L to R

TNG Data
Disco Burnham
Picard Picard
Disco/SNW Pike
Disco Saru

and all the way on the R looks like a character in a skirt, unless Spock wears a coat or long jacket? :lol

Edit: [Googles Disco Spock image], oh right, I forgot he does wear a jacket and a beard WTF!?

So what scale will these be?
Points of articulation?
Possible interest in Picard and a bearded Spock is just unusual enough to get .. obviously depending on scale and sculpt.

Seriously, Playmates? 😆

They were one of the big four back in the 90s, Mattel, Kenner, Toy Biz, and Playmates, and their toys were good. I remember the Star Trek line, even though I never got into it, but the figures were cool and screen accurate to the shows and movies.

Unfortunately Playmates sucks now. What have they done lately? They own the TMNT line and that stuff sucks even when compared to the 90s figures. There's a lack of texture, paint, and even details. Every other company makes better TMNT figures.

Maybe these will be good, but I wouldn't have high hopes for this line if I were you guys. Any other company would be better than Playmates, imo. 😔

Still no new info on these?

edit: I forgot they aren’t coming till next year.

I kinda forgot about these. I hope they don’t end up like McFarlane’s attempts from a couple years back…

I like that it looks like these will have a more realistic sculpt. I liked the Playmates figures and collected a ton of them in the 90s (all of the TOS, TNG, DS9 crews and a bunch of the aliens) but I always would have preferred that they couldn't virtually stand in with TMNT figures :p

Fingers crossed.
Agreed. Looking foward to these.

Nothing announced yet only the initial press release last July. They should have shown something even at NYCC.

I hope they don't suck.

That’s if they’re still happening. I’m having flashbacks to all the promised figures and ships from Diamond Select that never amounted to anything.

Before you go down that rabbit hole take a moment to remember who Diamond Select are.

They're slowly disappearing with terrible license choices and even worse output the past year.

Star Trek fans have been waiting for that Enterprise C and type 2 phaser for literally years and they prefer to make minimates.

Playmates haven't said anything either way since the press release. I have faith they'll put out some nice stuff, I want to invest in the lines because I am a huge fan of their 90s lines.

So we'll wait and see. The good news is those early renders look OK, so we might get a renaissance of Trek figures and ships since Mcfarlane dropped the ball the last go round.

I wish they’d hire Nanjin to manage if for them. on second thought that would take away from the focus on 1/6. Maybe just hire him as a consultant or clone him. I love 1/6 but they are too big to have at my office but I can get away with a couple of 1/12 scale figures.

Back