Star Trek beams home to Playmates Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The problem with Prodigy for me - and keep in mind, I'm not up to date on it, I saw them all pre-hiatus - is the lack of human element.

We need someone to be our representative, our eyes and ears out there. It's the reason why diversity in superhero movies is such a talking point - people need characters that they feel they can see themselves in. And with all these characters, it's hard to find that start point. I just don't feel "sucked in."

That said, I still like it better than DSC ;)

When I look at successful franchises like Cars, Transformers, Zootopia, etc, I don't understand the need for a human element. Those properties have little to no humans in them.

For me I've never encountered the problem of needing a human element. I never imagine myself as the character or needed a character to represent me. I just want a good story and see how these characters react. It's probably why I don't get hung up on a lot of the current media, or even the older media, if it's got a good story I'm in.

I never collected any Star Trek toys. I did procure some 12" dolls/figures just for accessories and uniforms to use for kit bashes.

I would prefer a proper 1:18 line (i.e., GI JOE ARAH) with figures, play sets, and ships/vehicles encompassing all of the series throughout the years. 1:12 figures too would be fine provided the design and quality are worthwhile, but I have doubts Playmates can do it.

As odd as this sounds, Star Trek over the years definitely lost its "soul" from the films and television series.

Four months later…
Hoping there’s some news about the next wave soon!

I REALLY don't like how they put their whole address and legal junk on the entire back of the figures. That totally ruined the figures for me. I will not buy any like that unless it is a really cool figure. Why couldn't they just put the copyright junk on the bottom of the feet like before?

I REALLY don't like how they put their whole address and legal junk on the entire back of the figures. That totally ruined the figures for me. I will not buy any like that unless it is a really cool figure. Why couldn't they just put the copyright junk on the bottom of the feet like before?
Oh no! Do you have a picture?

data.jpg

Hello All, newbie here!

I agree with the comments about the new Playmates line to a point. The face modelling looks better (especially Khan). They look horrible standing, but sitting they are way better to pose and don't have the 'manspread' of the 90's line.

Attachments

• IMG-5600.jpg
    IMG-5600.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-5604.jpg
    IMG-5604.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-5603.jpg
    IMG-5603.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-5601.jpg
    IMG-5601.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Hello All, newbie here!

I agree with the comments about the new Playmates line to a point. The face modelling looks better (especially Khan). They look horrible standing, but sitting they are way better to pose and don't have the 'manspread' of the 90's line.
Did you make that Ready Room? Cool display and welcome!

My local Walmart had the full wave of figures from The Wrath of Khan. The nostalgia bug almost bit me but I didn’t get them today. Maybe a different day. Price point isn’t bad (around $13 each).

They also had the Phaser which I was super tempted by. Couldn’t find a price on it but it seems like it’s around $45 from doing a Google search. Too much in my opinion.

Back