Star Trek Figures -- Playmates, Diamond Select, Etc.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool just preordered the new Diamond Select Enterprise A. Been wanting one of those. Reading up on these things the fans are quite critical of them and think this one is overpriced. Maybe they have good reason but as my collecting of Star Trek ships is very limited I'll be cool with it as long as I don't get wonky nacelles.

Reliant is the only other ship I particularly care for them to do now. Dunno why that wasn't made back in the WOK 25th anniversary line.

Hey a-dev, I've been after an Enterprise A for ages. Where did you pre-order from?

BBTS sir. Gonna be just under $100 after shipping, hopefully no customs, there wasn't the last time I got a Star Trek ship recently.

For me, $60 or $100 is a bit much for Diamond's Enterprise A considering I bought mine for $25 in 2002. Though with inflation and a limited production on this new release, it doesn't surprise me that they want $60 for one now. It's still probably a lot cheaper than getting an old one off eBay.

I have a question for anyone subscribing to the ST Eaglemoss ships, I've been subscribed since the beginning and have so far received the free Ent. plaque but have not yet received the free all good things Enterprise D. If you have received every shipment, which wave of ships should the free ship come with?
By my estimate, the 10th shipment should be the Stargazer/Klingon Attack Cruiser which came to me last month but no agt Enterprise. This months shipment came and no agt Ent. there either.
I think Eaglemoss forgot to send me the free ship.
Anyone here in the US received their AGT Enterprise D yet?

I have a question for anyone subscribing to the ST Eaglemoss ships, I've been subscribed since the beginning and have so far received the free Ent. plaque but have not yet received the free all good things Enterprise D. If you have received every shipment, which wave of ships should the free ship come with?
By my estimate, the 10th shipment should be the Stargazer/Klingon Attack Cruiser which came to me last month but no agt Enterprise. This months shipment came and no agt Ent. there either.
I think Eaglemoss forgot to send me the free ship.
Anyone here in the US received their AGT Enterprise D yet?

No, not yet. I just got the Krenim Ship/Enterprise-E delivery and it wasn't in there, either.

For me, $60 or $100 is a bit much for Diamond's Enterprise A considering I bought mine for $25 in 2002. Though with inflation and a limited production on this new release, it doesn't surprise me that they want $60 for one now. It's still probably a lot cheaper than getting an old one off eBay.

It probably is too much for it but as I don't have much history collecting these things I'm not too fussed. It's actually exactly like the Hot Toys thing - long time HT collectors know what they used to cost and are getting put off by all the price increases down through the years. Yet for someone just coming into collecting them they are more accepting of today's prices.

By the way did the original release of the Enterprise A have that light-bleed problem through the saucer section like the WOK Enterprise?

No, not yet. I just got the Krenim Ship/Enterprise-E delivery and it wasn't in there, either.
Thanks, it's good to know that I'm not missing something. I'll wait to see if they send it with next month's shipment before contacting them about the missing ship.

It probably is too much for it but as I don't have much history collecting these things I'm not too fussed. It's actually exactly like the Hot Toys thing - long time HT collectors know what they used to cost and are getting put off by all the price increases down through the years. Yet for someone just coming into collecting them they are more accepting of today's prices.

By the way did the original release of the Enterprise A have that light-bleed problem through the saucer section like the WOK Enterprise?
There's a small amount of light bleed around the impulse engine structure around the seams. There's a few minor hot spots under the saucer, and around the bussard collectors, and some more evedent bleed under the engineering section at the seams of the battery cover. By far the worst light bleed problem on my ship is where the nacelles attach to the struts. Light bleed isn't my biggest complaint on the old Ent A refit, its all the obvious seams and some excess amount of glue residue on the engineering hull.
The new release might be improved, if it is let us know here as I might pick up the new Ent. refit if it looks better.

I had another matter I had to talk to customer service about, so I asked about this. They said the AGT Enterprise has been delayed until the 12th shipment, now. The Borge Cube will come with the 18th shipment.

Also, the JJPrise will finally be coming to US subscribers later this year.

Thanks for the update JonWes!
So we'll have it next month.
I've heard some negative things about the JJPrise, mostly about misaligned peices and noticeable seams. I'm hoping they've worked out the problems for the US release. I don't know what others feel about the assembly of their ships, but I wish they'd send these ships out completely unassembled for us to piece together ourselves. I have received a number of ships that need replacements because of poor quality control and surprisingly terribly mistreated magazines. Thankfully their customer service has been fantastic so far, even better than Sideshow's CS lately.

BBTS sir. Gonna be just under $100 after shipping, hopefully no customs, there wasn't the last time I got a Star Trek ship recently.

Thanks Bud. Hmm £60.00 or thereabouts. I wonder if FP will be getting them in? I still need to get the Enterprise D. I had pre-ordered with Model Zone but they went bankrupt. I then pre-ordered with Mother's basement and they ripped me off for £57.00 when they ran off with everyone's cash. I hear Diamond Select are re-releasing the D at the end of the year so hopefully I'll finally mange to pick one up.

Thanks Bud. Hmm £60.00 or thereabouts. I wonder if FP will be getting them in? I still need to get the Enterprise D. I had pre-ordered with Model Zone but they went bankrupt. I then pre-ordered with Mother's basement and they ripped me off for £57.00 when they ran off with everyone's cash. I hear Diamond Select are re-releasing the D at the end of the year so hopefully I'll finally mange to pick one up.

I've seen these things up for order on FP alright but never actually went through with buying any there. The currency conversion isn't in my favour compared to ordering from the US. Unless I get hit with customs.

I've also got the D preordered on BBTS and as of today I have the Nemesis 'E' on the way from there. Not sure if I'll get the 'B' because I've got the Excelsior, granted I've got the WOK Enterprise and that isn't stopping me from getting the A so who knows......man, what nonsense all that would read if you weren't a Star Trek fan.

Yeah I might get the Enterprise B. Just looking at the youtube videos I like the look of it. Kinda like the changes even though I know people do slag off the location of those extra impulse engines directly in front of the nacelles.

Received the Diamond Select Enterprise E today - thrilled with it. Cool paint scheme on top and underneath, has the full compliment of light features and it doesn't have the company information printed anywhere in bold letters such as I saw in youtube videos. Obviously as a latecomer I have benefited from fan complaints about previous versions so thank you to those people.

Just a few more of the Federation ships and I'll be happy on the Star Trek front. I assume Hot Toys will never be making any figures.

Errrr..OK hang on a second, maybe not so good. I've just noticed some big silver paint splodge on the saucer section. Its actually quite glaring I don't know how I missed it in the first place. What the ****....

Great, think I voided my right to return by attempting to scratch the splodge off.

Really went beyond the point of 'no return', scratched it all off as best I could hoping the normal paint would be there underneath but there was just no way I was going to preserve it with the crude way I went about it. I guess its less noticeable now than the shiny silver paint blob, sorta blends into the paint scheme, but I wish I'd have left it alone. BBTS would have refunded my shipping with store credit which I actually would have used.

Last edited:
I could ask I suppose. But with low-end toys you also worry you could get a different one with some other problem, maybe even less tolerable than a paint splodge.

Yup, low-end toys that cost a fricking fortune :lol

Diamond select's QC is a bit hit or miss sadly, especially for the price. Still dying to get the A & D though.

Least I wasn't hit by customs on this one. I think I'll live with it, it'll get less bothersome with time I expect. Might turn it into a battledamage area if it continues to annoy me. I think I'd be able to mimic the simplistic way they do it on their battledamage releases.

Love the design of the Enterprise E, cuts a really nice figure from all angles IMO.

Just wanted to mention here a petition to have Eaglemoss make the USS Titan as a special issue.
GO HERE TO SIGN THE PETITION

Interview with Eaglemoss Starships Collection's Ben Robinson:
The Trek Collective: Interview: Starships Collection's Ben Robinson on year one and beyond
Eaglemoss said they will make this ship as a special issue if the petition gets 5000 signatures.
2619 people have signed as of this posting.
The USS Titan is the ship William Riker captained after leaving the Enterprise in the Star Trek: Titan series of novels.
Star Trek: Titan - Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki
This is what it looks like:
View attachment 153555

Looks like it would make a great model to me!
Go sign the petition!:
Include the USS Titan in Star Trek: The Official Starships Collection - PetitionBuzz

Ditto to this ^

On a side note, we did a little early xmas exchange with some friends this past Saturday. My gift was a complete MOC set of the first Playmates DS9 wave. You better believe I cut all those guys out of their little plastic prisons ASAP and had a ball!

On ANOTHER side note, I met up with a friend recently that had the Diamond Select Bird of Prey, Enterprise-B, and Excelsior. I have all the other ships up to this point, but without anywhere to display them I've been lax on getting the newer releases. The BoP is just plain amazing, the only glaring problem being the lack of any disguise of the LED bulb in the front of the "head." The Excelsior and B, though, are pretty disappointing in that they're SO tiny. The scaling of the ship line has always been necessarily off, but the TOS Enterprise, Ent-A, D and E all felt in a reasonable-ish scale with each other, but the B is so tiny compared to the Ent-A that it's just plain sad. Disappointed on that one. Which is funny considering the BoP's wingspan probably puts it close to the massive Ent-D in size. Not really sure what they were thinking. Maybe there's some sort of length limit on these ships for production or shipping purposes? The B would've had to be much longer than it is wide.

Last edited:
Back