SSC Ahsoka Tano Animated Figure (The Clone Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far... I'm not impressed with sideshow's effort here. The obi and Ani figs look cheap and poorly made, which is a shame as the protos looked fantastic. I don't see myself going in on this line now..... unless they make a maul. I am incapable of saying no to a maul.

Also the prices are a bad joke.

It took two people to make this sculpt and they both failed.
At least sideshow name and shame their talentless employees.

Thank you Matt Black and
Narae. I don’t how either either of you have secured employment if you can’t even get an animated character sculpt right while having full access to all digital files. Jesus.

The next biggest offence after that botch job of a head is the iron on decals on her leggings that should clearly be cut-outs to expose skin.

I’m assuming their new tbleague body is orange all over so that’s a huge wasted opportunity and display of sheer laziness and cheapness or ignorance... and cheapness.
But, even if they were to use regular flesh toned legs, they could paint them or use an under layer of orange material to mimic the skin and still have to correct and far more engaging legging design. Shambles.
Looks like the blame for that can lie with Kevin Ellis. Great design work, Kev.

Then the whole underwhelming, disappointment of a should-be home run gets wrapped up with the bow of sideshow’s obligatory, delusional and underserved asking price.
Are we sure their 1/6 department isn’t Star Ace in disguise? The similarities are stunning.

Looks absolutely fine to me.

These animated threads are reminiscent of the old sideshow cult figure discussions (Temple of Doom Indy, Jack Burton, Snake Plissken etc).

Usually in those threads you can jump forward to a couple of years later to people saying "I wish I had bought it at the time as now its triple the price on the after market". I think that will happen with these too.

You will likely never again see 1/6 animated style Clone Wars figures.....so for those of us who have always wanted them, this is probably our only chance. I'll be picking them up at least as they look solid enough to me. The Cad Bane prototype looks great.

Looks absolutely fine to me.

These animated threads are reminiscent of the old sideshow cult figure discussions (Temple of Doom Indy, Jack Burton, Snake Plissken etc).

Usually in those threads you can jump forward to a couple of years later to people saying "I wish I had bought it at the time as now its triple the price on the after market". I think that will happen with these too.

You will likely never again see 1/6 animated style Clone Wars figures.....so for those of us who have always wanted them, this is probably our only chance. I'll be picking them up at least as they look solid enough to me. The Cad Bane prototype looks great.
I'd rather have nothing than a subpar figure.

Being the only option is exactly what they're banking on.

Last edited:
I'd rather have nothing than a subpar figure.

Being the only option is exactly what they're banking on, and they're never gonna learn or change if we don't speak with our wallets.
Each to their own Chris, personally I don't agree.

I'm fine with both of the already shown production versions and have no real issues with the way this looks in proto.

Are they simplistic on detailing and head sculpts? Yes, and they should be if they are supposed to look like the source material.
Do I think that they are overly expensive? Yes.
Do I think that Hot Toys are more than double the price that they should be? Also, yes.

Buy what you enjoy I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Each to their own Chris, personally I don't agree.

I'm fine with both of the already shown production versions and have no real issues with the way this looks in proto.

Are they simplistic on detailing and headsculpts? Yes, and they should be if they are supposed to look like the source material.

Do I think that they are overly expensive? Yes.
Do I think that Hot Toys are more than double the price that they should be? Also, yes.

Buy what you enjoy I guess.
I disagree with you there. The Clone Wars has a very unique animation style. Everything has a chalky brush stroke effect to it, almost making it look like a 3D painting. They shouldn't have basic glossy paint apps.

The colouration of Anakins outfit is even way off, and Obi-Wans robes look extremely messy and cheap.

Just look at Obi-wans beard in the show compared to the figure.
1658328838661.png
1658328917700.png

1658328970326.png
1658328994167.png

I wasn't looking to convince you, you don't like them, I get it, it's all good.

With one or two exceptions, it's rare that I've purchased any 1/6 figure in the last 10 years that didn't have some elements that let them down, some more tham others. I'm in the hobby for an overall aesthetic and representation of characters, films and animations that I love. If I was concerned about figures being over priced then I wouldn't own any!

These look fine to me and I'll be picking them up. I guess you'll have to go with the odd (to me at least) realistic/animated mix that Hot Toys produces if you want characters from the series.

Last edited:
I disagree with you there. The Clone Wars has a very unique animation style. Everything has a chalky brush stroke effect to it, almost making it look like a 3D painting. They shouldn't have basic glossy paint apps.

The colouration of Anakins outfit is even way off, and Obi-Wans robes look extremely messy and cheap.

Just look at Obi-wans beard in the show compared to the figure.
View attachment 589373View attachment 589374
View attachment 589375View attachment 589376
The production sculpts needs a big repaint from an actual custom artist. Probably the only thing that can save them and if they were priced at around $100 to justify a repaint.

$250+ for these :lol

Y5k76Dh.png

Last edited:
Remember folks, the final production has the astronomically high chance of being worse than this already nightmarish prototype :p. Better wait for the "Snips" version from Hot Toys.

Have any of y'all tried the Disney Store doll instead? I think it looks better (quality wise) than Sideshow and at 40 dollars is far more affordable. Head isn't perfect but for the price can't complain.
You mean this?
1668298014189.jpeg

I was thinking that can’t possibly be better but then took another look at Sideshow’s and it’s not exactly easy to claim any definitive superiority.

Also, what the hell is going on here…
522CC7D1-6739-4A19-9C58-8014C1698EA4.jpeg

That’s a very very thin wrist peg

Back