SSC Ahsoka Tano Animated Figure (The Clone Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow killed any enthusiasm for this figure with their Anakin and Obi-Wan final reveals. She looks far worse than the Anakin and Obi-Wan prototypes ever did, so not an ounce of hope the final product will be decent.

Sideshow have gone for snippy 'Snips' Ahsoka.
AccurateMediocreGordonsetter-size_restricted.gif
My least favorite version of Ahsoka! :lol

Next to the S7 Ahsoka outfit, this is one I really liked and have been wanting.
Coincidentally my HT CW Ahsoka finally shipped today. She's a character I like, but not one that I need or really fits in at the age represented, but the HT has such an expressive face.
Congrats! :duff

They probably were even sent the actual 3D rig the show creators use to animate her with and they still botch her. :ohbfrank:

clone-wars-ahsoka-tano-3d-model-rigged-obj-fbx-blend.jpg

Wish another company had gotten this license. Such a damn shame this is in their hands.

They probably were even sent the actual 3D rig the show creators use to animate her with and they still botch her. :ohbfrank:

clone-wars-ahsoka-tano-3d-model-rigged-obj-fbx-blend.jpg

Wish another company had gotten this license. Such a damn shame this is in their hands.
The thing is companies like ThreeZero know they aren’t matching Hot Toys quality… so guess what..? They don’t charge Hot Toys prices!

If these were <200, maybe like 180, I’d consider them.

The thing is companies like ThreeZero know they aren’t matching Hot Toys quality… so guess what..? They don’t charge Hot Toys prices!

If these were <200, maybe like 180, I’d consider them.

I think it’s partly that they’re using the illusion of value pricing sales tactic with these.

A lot of people less obsessed knowledgeable than we are also buy figures.

Some of those who unfortunately don’t know or haven’t researched will see the prices being the same as Hot Toys and feel they’re going to get something of equal value or quality.

Then once in hand, they can end up defending the purchase because they spent a lot of money on it even if they might actually be a little disappointed. Or they talk themselves into really loving it.

Brands do it all the time. It’s a cheap trick but it works on some people.

I’m probably going to get it because it’s Ahsoka and I think this would look okay (from a distance) in a mid Clone Wars era display without having to get the other animated figures to match. Which I definitely wouldn’t want to do.

But I do wish it felt more like a huge leap in quality from the Forces of Destiny doll instead of just a half step forward for another $200.

View attachment 588564View attachment 588565

Have to agree, just buy this. It looks as good as the item this thread is about.

Have to agree, just buy this. It looks as good as the item this thread is about.

I bought one a long time ago to save for a future child. It was about $20 then but it goes for between $100-$200 these days.

The Sideshow one might end up being the better value between the two now. :lol

Based on what happened to Ani and Obi...

Attachments

• Başlıksız-2.jpg
    Başlıksız-2.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 0
It’s genuinely embarrassing. All they had to do was upload the animation model head design, scale it and hit print. What the hell is this abomination? Fracking Sideshow!

How does this look so bad, when the prototypes for every other figure looked ripped right out of the show?

They are out of their mind for that price point, especially with how Anakin and Obi-Wan came out.

Back