SSC Ahsoka Tano Animated Figure (The Clone Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one:
(Stand and helmet from HT)
20221113_002432.jpg
20221113_002144.jpg
20221113_001909.jpg
20221113_001528.jpg

No real comparison then as it’s the season 7 look. Hot Toys wins that contest but it looks really good for $40. If you just want an Ahsoka on display then that totally does the job. A chalky paint job to capture The Clone Wars style would make it look really good.

I think the purpose of the sideshow TCW line should be to get the characters in their most memorable outfits from the show so at least they’ve chosen the best look for Ahsoka- even if they’ve failed to execute it well and can’t recognise diamond shaped cut-outs in her leggings and went for cheap iron-ons instead.

No real comparison then as it’s the season 7 look. Hot Toys wins that contest but it looks really good for $40. If you just want an Ahsoka on display then that totally does the job. A chalky paint job to capture The Clone Wars style would make it look really good.

I think the purpose of the sideshow TCW line should be to get the characters in their most memorable outfits from the show so at least they’ve chosen the best look for Ahsoka- even if they’ve failed to execute it well and can’t recognise diamond shaped cut-outs in her leggings and went for cheap iron-ons instead.
True, but perhaps combining that forces of destiny one with the Disney store one might just make something close... maybe.

It took two people to make this sculpt and they both failed.
At least sideshow name and shame their talentless employees.

Thank you Matt Black and Narae. I don’t how either either of you have secured employment if you can’t even get an animated character sculpt right while having full access to all digital files. Jesus.
Matt Black is incredibly overrated I’m sorry to say. His strengths are in sculpting monsters, but when it comes to anything with a human type likeness, he fails pretty badly at. Just look at both the Chris Reeve and TDK Ledger premium formats that he sculpted twice and still got terribly wrong as examples.
Also, what the hell is going on here…
View attachment 607438

That’s a very very thin wrist peg
The smaller TBLeague bodies have a thinner wrist joint. It’s still made of stainless steel though. It wasn’t an issue on the Harley Quinn 2.0 even though the hands on that figure are pretty much solid plastic without any real flex, so I’m sure it will be fine here. The hand doesn’t look to be pushed all the way onto the peg either.

Last edited:
I’d like to hope that this latest Black Series Ahsoka shames Sideshow into sorting out their overpriced, shoddy attempt.
895A29B6-BA97-4694-BD0D-FCF93BBB5032.jpeg

Better sculpt and choice of expression, no giraffe neck, textured trousers that implies a more leather like material and, most importantly, they understood that the triangles on the legs are holes and not just orange stickers!!!
A3C2D7FB-D2FD-4FCF-9FB6-FC8BD1E69CE1.jpeg

3 releases into the line and nothing has come close to seeing any improvements made from proto to production piece; Yoda’s the only one that hasn’t had a monumental downgrade, so I won’t hold my breath but SSC really need to do better than what we’ve seen of their Ahsoka so far.

Last edited:
They sure didn’t wanna bend those arms for much of the video

Interested to see what in hand reviews are going to say about the quality.

Looks pretty good, tho I can’t help but shake feeling like I’m looking at a forces of destiny figure.

‘A detailed and faithful recreation’ except for the face that captures none of the essence of the beloved character and the outfit where we subbed in orange patches instead of diamond shaped holes.

‘A carefully selected assortment of accessories’ ie. the absolute bare minimum amount possible.

Sideshow do not deserve this license.

I thought this one came out pretty damn good. I feel like, too bad they came out the gate slippin 🤷🏾‍♂️

This looks fine for an animated representation. They definitely sculpted a battle squint for the eyes. The main problem is pricing on these. So far the only one priced for what you get has been Yoda. If they had included a second sculpt with a different expression this would be an easy buy.

I think it looks pretty good, especially for a Sideshow figure. It’s a lot better than the Anakin and Obi Wan figures.

This figures facial features are just visually offensive. Just a horribly ugly sculpt in every aspect. Who in the world can lay eyes on this sculpt and be like, "looks pretty good"?

That ain't any version of Ahsoka I've ever seen in anything, ever.

I didn't even know about this figure before today
so i read through the comments
but my mind is just stuck on one thing
they put stickers on the legs
oh lord

Back