SS ROTS Yoda Jedi Master Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok... seeing the comparison, i agree. the robes need work. we should forward this along to sideshow's cut and sew guys, and see if that can be changed, like plo-kloon's lightsaber. Getting a sleeve and material change for a jedi robe is not THAT hard.

That would be a great start. Thing I don't get is this: SSC does a reveal, and within 24 hours, collectors have created a side-by-side comparison pic and a laundry list of the details that are off. Why doesn't SSC hire someone do this in-house before it gets to the point of the reveal? :dunno

Wow, I seem to remember the sneak video looking better than this! The paint is a major issue on the face and they always want to do him with these bedroom eyes! That and the fact that Yoda has a diminutive chin, yet their sculpt has the Marlon Brando going on!?

That would be a great start. Thing I don't get is this: SSC does a reveal, and within 24 hours, collectors have created a side-by-side comparison pic and a laundry list of the details that are off. Why doesn't SSC hire someone do this in-house before it gets to the point of the reveal? :dunno

Exactly. In the current Market people are being extra choosy so you would want to maximise your sales wouldn't you ?

Day06_123012_Yoda.jpg

Looks alright.

Doesn't look like Yoda at all :lol

:panic:I can't believe all the hate for this figure, It's like people are starting to figure out SS sux at 1/6

It's not that Ssc sucks it more they do such a great job. Almost. They seem to fumble it at the last minute.
If they had someone just to check it over ... Like the Ssc freaks!!

It's not that Ssc sucks it more they do such a great job. Almost. They seem to fumble it at the last minute.

I think it comes down to the fact that they just don't care that much. It's Yoda, they know it will sell out, so why bother spending the money to improve the figure? Especially when they can make improvements later for another figure and make even more money.

Unless everybody put's their money where their mouth is and stops buying these sub-par efforts, there wil be no real effort put into an easy sell figure.

They save the effort for figures like Hammerhead I guess.

Edit ~ Then again, Hammerhead is perfect for SS, he has no face to screw up

That's why I buy clones only. Can't go wrong with them and not worrying about the HS being off.

He looks like Sam Jackson playing Yoda...looks nothing like the crappy portrayal of him in prequels....which could be a good thing but in this case no.

I was both a super Freak fan/collector here on the forum AND an outside vender painter for Sideshow. Many is the time I would make helpful suggestions for improvement on stuff. It didn't matter.

Last edited:
If they fix the robe so it is larger and drapes better I would definitely be down for this one. I like the stern sculpt. Ep. III was not a feel good film and Yoda reflects that.

Back