SS ROTS Yoda Jedi Master Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't talking about "old school puppet Yoda." I was talking about TPM.

How is someone who bashes the prequels a hypocrite if they bash his use of CGI? CGI was one of the *reasons* the PT was so subpar.

:dunno Because someone more talented than you or I, i.e Frank Oz had to shove their hands up his *** to operate him. If your referring to the classic Stuart Freeborn puppet, given your expertise in all things par and "sub" par, you might have known that 20+ years caused the original latex to detoriate and again, people more talented than you or I created a physical updated muppet because they hadn't figured out how to computer model Yoda at that time. MOHO, it was a nice nod to the originals but that doesn't really matter to film aficionados does it???

How is someone who bashes the prequels a hypocrite if they bash his use of CGI? CGI was one of the *reasons* the PT was so subpar.

Subpar to you maybe:dunno

Just love it when people assume forums such as these, reflect the majority opinion, but get so defensive when someone calls them out with a different opinion. :cuckoo:

Happy Holidays :wave

Seems like an easy pass. Read the title and felt zero excitement, pretty meh :dunno

my trip to lancaster south carolina was more exciting than this............:cuckoo:

edit:...............apparently jay leno's chin is still being used in the mold...........:monkey4

:dunno Because someone more talented than you or I, i.e Frank Oz had to shove their hands up his *** to operate him. If your referring to the classic Stuart Freeborn puppet, given your expertise in all things par and "sub" par, you might have known that 20+ years caused the original latex to detoriate and again, people more talented than you or I created a physical updated muppet because they hadn't figured out how to computer model Yoda at that time. MOHO, it was a nice nod to the originals but that doesn't really matter to film aficionados does it???

Subpar to you maybe:dunno

Just love it when people assume forums such as these, reflect the majority opinion, but get so defensive when someone calls them out with a different opinion. :cuckoo:

Happy Holidays :wave

I'm defensive? I asked you a question.

But I believe I understand your point now. Rip on Lucas for his excessive CGI but praise the the new CG TPM Yoda? Well there's good CG and bad/pointless CG just like there's good and bad puppets. ESB puppet: good. TPM puppet: bad. CG can be very good but most of it in the PT is bad. I don't think anyone who has problems with the PT has ever argued otherwise.

I'm defensive? I asked you a question.

But I believe I understand your point now. Rip on Lucas for his excessive CGI but praise the the new CG TPM Yoda? Well there's good CG and bad/pointless CG just like there's good and bad puppets. ESB puppet: good. TPM puppet: bad. CG can be very good but most of it in the PT is bad. I don't think anyone who has problems with the PT has ever argued otherwise.

Uhh...how many different ways would you like me to phrase it?

I won't argue...waste of time. I will, however strongly disagree with you on what makes something good or bad. You have your opinion and thats all it is. No different than mine. However, you shouldn't pass yourself off as an authority on what makes said "thing" good or bad without being able to quantify it.

For the record...back in 1980 "everyone" thought that muppet was ****
too!

Last edited:
Uhh...how many different ways would you like me to phrase it?

I won't argue...waste of time. I will, however strongly disagree with you on what makes something good or bad. You have your opinion and thats all it is. No different than mine. However, you shouldn't pass yourself off as an authority on what makes said "thing" good or bad without being able to quantify it.

For the record...back in 1980 "everyone" thought that muppet was ****
too!

Actually I was making a joke about the lack of popularity of the TPM Yoda and how awkward it would be if SSC actually based a portion of this sculpt on him but you seem to be quite fired up about so we can let it go.

Obviously by "universally" I didn't mean literally everyone on the planet. I'm sure the guy who Lucas commissioned to make the TPM puppet and assumedly his immediate family liked it, and now of course you. So great, there's like five of you that thought it was decent. I still don't think SSC would want to go there.

Actually I was making a joke about the lack of popularity of the TPM Yoda and how awkward it would be if SSC actually based a portion of this sculpt on him but you seem to be quite fired up about so we can let it go.

Obviously by "universally" I didn't mean literally everyone on the planet. I'm sure the guy who Lucas commissioned to make the TPM puppet and assumedly his immediate family liked it, and now of course you. So great, there's like five of you that thought it was decent. I still don't think SSC would want to go there.

You see there..."obviously" in your thinly veiled attempt to be clever, you had to dig at the guy's family. Typical hateboy script. Anyway, your narrow view and elitist opinion fall on deaf ears. I'm sure you'll ring up Mr. Oz and tell him he's just one of the many mindless hordes that facilitate the "yes" man attitude that Lucas surrounds himself with.

If your gonna be hateful, spread the wealth :)

Last edited:
Well... now we know why Kevin Ellis is looking for tailors/costume fabricators. :rotfl

Now can someone give that sculpt to Ski so we can see it's true potential.

You see there..."obviously" in your thinly veiled attempt to be clever, you had to dig at the guy's family. Typical hateboy script. Anyway, your narrow view and elitist opinion fall on deaf ears. I'm sure you'll ring up Mr. Oz and tell him he's just one of the many mindless hordes that facilitate the "yes" man attitude that Lucas surrounds himself with.

If your gonna be hateful, spread the wealth :)

Narrow view? Elitist opinion? Hateboy script? All right dude, I get it. You really liked the TPM Yoda puppet. Apparently I stirred up a hornet's nest in suggesting that it was widely panned. My bad.

May the doobie be with you.

Yoda.jpg

Looks more like human face. Worse yet, Looks more like a bad Holloween makeup.
SS tried to do like HT's "focus and determent" look and failed!!!

I'm all for a PT Yoda but I think the sculpt is off. I'm happy with the 1st version as it is. The robes need work too.

That's a great side-by-side but it shows how far off Sideshow's is. Needs a lot of work.

ok... seeing the comparison, i agree. the robes need work. we should forward this along to sideshow's cut and sew guys, and see if that can be changed, like plo-kloon's lightsaber. Getting a sleeve and material change for a jedi robe is not THAT hard.

I wish Yoda's face sculpt was made of 70's silly-putty so I could stretch it and then let dry to correct facial expression. :lol

But seriously my beef with it is the nose needs to be smaller and the head width longer with tad smaller ears. Nuff said. The productions pic, seen it and wish it "was" the same one.

I'd also like to say this, it looks like they used the old head and sculpted a younger face on the front. js.

Back