Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Item #3 from the Mort Campaign Kit...Mort photo:
mortblackout3.jpg

Now there's a FACE only a mother could love...

Who wants a chance to win a Shredder Comiquette?

Those wanting to participate in this giveaway need to know a few rules...

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

1974 Black Christmas

Scared the crap out of me the first time I saw it.

"The Amityville Horror" (The Original 1979 Version)

220px-amityville_poster.jpg

Just the general sound effects and cinematography. That and the fact it is one of those "based on a true story" movies, really creeped me out as a wee one! The end part where the walls are oozing blood and the father goes "Shining" ala "Here's Johnny" on them were wild things to see when I was young.

Last edited:
Re: Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PHANTASM it scared me more than any other movie as a kid, watched it in the middle of the night on Hollywood Home Theater (pre HBO, showing my age here) I knew someone was breaking in my house and I would be dead at any moment,and just try screaming for your parents to help you with out making any noise to alert the killers where you are. I don't think I ever recovered! .....it still ranks up there as an all time favorite.

Last edited:

Very easy!

Halloween (1978)

At first viewing and still to this day, I must check under the bed and in the closets before going to bed, if I've seen this recently.

The Prophecy (1995) with Christopher Walken. Still freaks me out, can't watch it.

For me it would have to be Poltergeist, which terrified me as a kid. I was fairly young, and it all seemed too realistic to my overactive imagination.

The Exorcist. Mom made the mistake of leaving me to watch TV by myself when I was seven. Scared the crap out of me and could not sleep that night. I imagined Megan was waiting for me either under the bed or in the closet. Yes, I slept with the lights on.

Back