E3 2012 - June 4-7 - General info and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean by vindication?

Favorite game--AC3
Would be Star Wars 1313 but I don't think it's fair to choose that considering how little we saw of it.

Been saying for a year to most of my social group that we wouldn't see a new playstation or xbox console announced this year.
I was quite pleased to be correct.

I know, and yet, as recent as last week, people were still claiming they were looking forward to the new console announcements at E3...

The thing I find sad is the 2 games that I liked ( star wars 1313 and watch dogs ) were both running on pc :(
Consoles just look dated now and all in all, I thought most of the show was pretty rubbish!

Both Sony and Microsoft announced months ago that they weren't going to announce new consoles this year

most of what we all knew any new console would be for 2013. I think both Sony and Microsoft could have teased their new console but since they didn't it let's us know they are WAY off from introducing a new console. Sucks iyam. 360 is way out dated and the only thing that keeps my PS3 on is the blu ray player.

I think 360 and PS3 are just fine. Some ppl are brats and want a new console every 4-5 years even if we dont NEED it

The thing I find sad is the 2 games that I liked ( star wars 1313 and watch dogs ) were both running on pc :(
Consoles just look dated now and all in all, I thought most of the show was pretty rubbish!

Not only those games. Word has it that most multi-platform games shown during E3 were running on pc hardware, using console controllers. The console versions of those games won't look nearly as good as what you saw at E3.

We're standing at the point where we'll really see pc games/ports taking off into the next-gen waters while consoles are left to languish for a year until the big 2 reveal their new hardware.

I mean, I already know my pc can run Star Wars 1313, Watch Dogs, and whatever games powered by Unreal Engine 4. I'm a bit miffed that once again consoles dictate when I'll be able to play these kinds of games and at that level of visual fidelity.

I think 360 and PS3 are just fine. Some ppl are brats and want a new console every 4-5 years even if we dont NEED it

I dont see anyone saying they "need" anything. It's just time for new hardware. The "brats" are a very high percentage of gamers. Look around at the different sites. Practically all of them are wondering when the new hardware will be announced. Since gaming has started, we've run on cycles like this and this cycle is past it's prime in the eyes of many. At the very least, I think we should be seeing what Sony and MS have planned for the new consoles instead of....nothing.

Of course, if you're still content with the PS3 and 360 two years from now, it's entirely your right to not get the new hardware. I personally like to see advancements in technology and how it's applied to gaming. Technology grows so fast that I do believe a 9 or 10 year cycle is just too long. By the time the next consoles are eventually released, the current hardware will be dinosaurs by comparison.

For one it's been longer than 4-5 years. The Xbox 360 is 7 years old this year.

And two, they really need to be updated. Neither console actually renders games at 1080p, and it sure would be nice to get a blu-ray player on Xbox. Plus they can do some updates to Kinect that would make it amazing.

Back