Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a couple months ago some of the co-founders of McFarlane Toys got ahold of me looking for some reference pics for a keepsake book they were working on for themselves. Long story short, one thing led to another and they ended up asking me if I’d be interested in designing and laying out the book for them. Which I was more than happy to do! It was a true dream project for me and working with the guys was a hoot. They are printing a very small amount of these for themselves and a few family members as keepsakes, but have decided to offer the remaining bit from the print run to the public to help pay for the printing costs. If you want one, order now. They start shipping around August 1. Only available direct from Asylum. Feel free to share the link with anyone who might be interested in a copy before they sell out.

https://www.asylumpublications.com/...-mcfarlane-toys-the-action-behind-the-figures

For those of you that know me from around here, you know how cool this is for me.

Coverfinal_front.jpg

67211581_10156564355027634_7341060850825822208_o.jpg

I may order one when I get home tonight, that would be an interesting read.

I can barely get myself to READ a book let alone trying to lay one out… YIKES. That must have been hella fun and hella stressful but what a cool honor. Congrats.

I may order one when I get home tonight, that would be an interesting read.

I can barely get myself to READ a book let alone trying to lay one out… YIKES. That must have been hella fun and hella stressful but what a cool honor. Congrats.

Thanks man! Yeah, it was a trip. Trying to keep all their info straight racked my brain a few times. Several times I had to correct them on things because what they were saying wasn't accurate. It was the first time I had ever done anything like this, so when they asked I said, "let me get a program, and see if it's something I think I can do easily without delaying things 3 years while I figure it out..." it all worked out pretty good though and they are very happy with it as am I.

I fear Spooktacular is going to be bad for me this year. I tend to not be too active on the weekends, so that takes away 2 days, and I'm traveling for business on Monday and Tuesday and will have zero access, so will miss out on those.

Here's hoping I get lucky and can snag this year's Vander Spooktacular kit today or tomorrow, or I'll be panicking come Wednesday next week...

I'll be in Florida from this weekend instead of the UK so I might stand a chance of grabbing a few of the overnight ones without having to keep checking my phone when I go to bed & wake up during the night lol

Neil

Quick heads up for anyone who might be interested, Mortacular starts today on Instagram! :hi5:

For those of you didn't play last year, Mortacular is a week of daily photo challenges. You get points for each day you participate and those points earn you entries into a raffle at the end of the week for fun Mort themed prizes! You can win multiple times, so the more you play the more you can potentially win! ��

Please note, Mortacular is separate from my yearly Mort Kit giveaways, so if you aren't into the whole social media thing don't worry I'll still have Kit giveaways on the boards and in chat for you to play. :)

Quick heads up for anyone who might be interested, Mortacular starts today on Instagram! :hi5:

For those of you didn't play last year, Mortacular is a week of daily photo challenges. You get points for each day you participate and those points earn you entries into a raffle at the end of the week for fun Mort themed prizes! You can win multiple times, so the more you play the more you can potentially win! ��

Please note, Mortacular is separate from my yearly Mort Kit giveaways, so if you aren't into the whole social media thing don't worry I'll still have Kit giveaways on the boards and in chat for you to play. :)

Not a big Instragram person...I have an account, but did it for posting pictures for Sideshows' "photo a day in May" contest. How does yours work?

Back