Spooktacular 2012 announcement!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who wants a chance to win a Shredder Comiquette?

Those wanting to participate in this giveaway need to know a few rules...

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

Halloween

Every time I would hear the music as a kid I would hide under something

Winner(s) are responsible for the ship cost of their prize. If the chosen winner is outside of the U.S. they will be responsible for any VAT, import fees, taxes, etc. assessed on their prize by their governments/shipper. If you don't agree to these rules, then please do not play.

So for those that still want to play...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!

Please note: any joke entires will be automatically disqualified from this contest (you can post that a movie like The Bodyguard or When Harry Met Sally or a Ben Affleck/Tyler Perry/recent George Lucas/James Cameron/Michael Bay film scared you...but I frankly won't believe that such films caused you to REALLY be scared...unless you can back it up really, really well in your post).

I'll be back later today (sometime after 5PM Pacific Time) to pick a winner (and who knows...maybe some runner-up winners as well for mystery prizes!)

Easy: Ju-On, by Takashi Shimizu, seen it more times than I can count and still creeps me out and gives me goose bumps.

The Exorcist (1973).

tumblr_ltlgpbhYst1qa8pe9o1_500.jpg

I saw this when I was young and I swear... I could not bring myself to watch it again because it gave me many sleepless nights.

I finally watched it again, as an adult, but that was some 20+ years later and with the lights on... and I still could not sleep that night.

This movie gets my vote for 'SCARIEST MOVIE EVER'. :rock

Signs. I don't care how much Shamaladingdong sucks. That movie didn't allow me to sleep for a year.

That damn disturbing footage....:monkey4

E.T. the Extra Terrestrial

I **** you not. When those dudes bust into the house and come in through the blinds... that scared me soooooo bad.

The original Halloween scared me as a child. Such a great movie too!!

Arachniphobia

Poltergiest... Holy hell that scared me as a kid! Watched it over at the neighbor kid's house one night, probably cause I wouldn't have been able to at home... and I see why! :horror

As a kid (about 8 or 9) I remember watching "The Exorcist" on tv because my brother wanted to see it. That was the DUMBEST thing I have ever done in my life. I still have never watched it again and its now 30 years later.

...simply respond in THIS thread with the movie title of a film that truly scared (as an adult or child)!...

1979 TV Series Salem's Lot :horror :panic:

I know I'm not following the rules because that's not a movie but I don't care since I don't want to win this particular prize anyway :cuckoo: (I don't collect TMNT). I just don't want you all having fun and playing games without me. :nana: Nice contest thought! :clap

Nightmare on Elm Street Part 3 when I was very young. I was terrified of Freddy throughout my entire childhood.

The Haunting (1963)

Oh yeah, the original Halloween was a good one too! A horror movie like that... where it could actually happen in real life freaked me out! Some crazy guy from an asylum escapes and goes back to his hometown and starts killing people!? AAAHHHHH!!

There are two that stick out in my mind

Stephen King's IT! and Phantasm....graveyards still freak me out to this day.

/me blows dust off his account

When I was younger Alien and Aliens always scared the crap out of me. I was always more frightened of good Sci-Fi more so than Horror. Later in life Fire in the Sky really creeped me out with the alien abduction scene.

CAHobbit rocks! Thanks for posting this contest for us Freaks! Cool reading about everyone else's entries also!

:clap:yess::rotfl

Arachniphobia

And FYI: this was as an adult that this scared me...I didn't used to be bothered much by spiders, as long as they were crawling on me...now I'm kinda of freaked by them if they get too close.

Plenty of other movies provided moments of fright, as a kid (the trash compacter scene in Star Wars was one I could watch for *years*) and an adult (Alien, Aliens, In the Mouth of Madness), but this is the only one that I still can't watch...once was it.

I love the movie now, but I don't mind admitting that Gremlins scared the crap out of me as a kid! The whole scene with the mother at home finding and eventually killing the first batch of Gremlins was so scary we ended up turning off the VCR!

I had to beg my mom to let us watch Gremlins 2 years later, she refused to rent it for the longest time because of how badly the first one had freaked out me and my sisters! :lol

Back