Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s as exciting as seeing Days of Future Past‘s ending. One of the few times i legit cried in cinema.

Xmen is another one coming up if they play their cards right but damn, Spiderman, I have been a fan ever since Blade(1998) and must have seen every single movie since then including offbeats movies like Elektra and Ben Affleck’s Daredevil’s but of course I want MORE!!!

I'm not so sure.

It's genius for a generation that thrives on nostalgia. Great money-making scheme, yes.

But it puts an end to 'story'. No origin needed, no resolution needed, no true peril exits... just instant gratification.

Plugging in your favorite oldie will grow tired very fast. Multiverse, multistory, anything can happen, no ending needed. Imagine if every action movie just started in the middle, never began and never ended, just a series of "to be continued"...

Ironically, the same people that hate Dune for having no ending seem to be loving this endless-multiverse idea.

Once you get your Spideys together and the movie's done, then where do you go? I'll tell you what's coming: complete recast of the Avengers with diversity in mind on Earth II.

Eternals and What If have already shown you where this is going...
That's why my interest in the MCU ended with Endgame. I will probably enjoy this Spidey movie because I love the character and the nostalgia will be cool but this whole multi-verse thing just rings lame for all the reasons you stated...

Yeah, the MCU's Grand Plan up to Endgame was truly once-in-a-lifetime brilliance. An impossible act to achieve a 2nd time for anyone who's been on this planet long enough.

So the MCU is left to 'tricks' now... nostalgia, what-ifs, multi-possibilities... its all teddy bears and candy canes being thrown out to customers in desperation that they don't have a handle on their product anymore. Nothing is being built. Nothing planned. Just hurling endless possibilities from a multiverse of options. We used to call that "throwing **** against the wall to see what will stick".

In hindsight, this will all become much more clear 10 years out looking back.

Lol everyone seems to be lying . Honestly a part of me knew that was going to happen but I wasn’t sure. Now I’m freaking siked .

I just can’t wait to see how this unfolds. It’s pretty much a dream come true to be honest. I mean I love the other superhero movies but this has a heavy nostalgia wave on me. I can’t stop smiling when I see the pictures.
Don't get me wrong, I'm charged about the reveals as well as that nostalgia will hit me in the feels BUT only as a one-off, some freak incident occurred and we must resolve this or else. As Wor stated, there's no stakes when the infinity of possibilities exist...

Don't get me wrong, I'm charged about the reveals as well as that nostalgia will hit me in the feels BUT only as a one-off, some freak incident occurred and we must resolve this or else. As Wor stated, there's no stakes when the infinity of possibilities exist...
We will see how it goes . They said this movie is supposed to be very intense than the rest

Stakes Stakes Stakes blah blah blah lol

Have we forgotten that Yoda said….

“No, there is another.”

That boy (Parker) is our last hope.

No, there is another and another and another!

There is always another in story telling so stop being grumpy lol

Way to hold out, buddy :)
Well there was things I can put two and two together when you already know a lot of the pieces. That piece I wasn't sure of, but very happy they did.
Lol everyone seems to be lying . Honestly a part of me knew that was going to happen but I wasn’t sure. Now I’m freaking siked .
Can't they just say they respect Marvel too much to say anything? Not sure why you even need to draw it out when talking about it. Talk about bad acting lol.
Yeah, the MCU's Grand Plan up to Endgame was truly once-in-a-lifetime brilliance. An impossible act to achieve a 2nd time for anyone who's been on this planet long enough.

So the MCU is left to 'tricks' now... nostalgia, what-ifs, multi-possibilities... its all teddy bears and candy canes being thrown out to customers in desperation that they don't have a handle on their product anymore. Nothing is being built. Nothing planned. Just hurling endless possibilities from a multiverse of options. We used to call that "throwing **** against the wall to see what will stick".

In hindsight, this will all become much more clear 10 years out looking back.
You both have a good point. But it all boils down to how they handle this. Now do/will the X-Men, Defenders, F4, Blade, etc. all currently exist in the MCU and they are just now showing up? Or is the multiverse merging to bring these characters in? Or is the multiverse just going to bring in a shade of a character like other verse Tobey?

It is all up to the Feige, the story and frankly any actor willing to sign up long term.

All we know now is Kang's are going to fight it out while someone like Strange and TVA and maybe Wanda can open and traverse verses.

Back