Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty wild seeing Doc again pretty damn wild.

Great Spidey photo/pose on the bottom he almost looks like Tobey!

Man Holland really does look badass there.
Yet he looks like a ******* dweeb in that Iron Spider suit running away lol.

Also they better have a good reason for Doc Ock being evil again.

I'd rather have my Spidey working with other heroes and not wanting to do their bidding. But alas, really pumped for this movies and it is fully loaded. Should just be like TDK, hit play and go.

His reliance on iron man is annoying
Same with Tobey...

tumblr_lrlpp2FYNh1qaceodo1_500.gif

"Pascal wasted no time in expressing her strong desire to have Feige be more directly involved, creatively, in the making of Sony Pictures' The Amazing Spider-Man 3. Excited about the ideas her team currently had, Pascal said she would send Feige the latest draft." an excerpt from the book reads, revealing Sony's own stance on Spider-Man's future.

Feige, however, came straight out and told Pascal that Sony's plans for The Amazing Spider-Man 3 were not going to work. He instead offered a counter-proposal and suggested that Marvel handle the next Spider-Man movie. Initially, the idea of the crossover deal evoked an emotional reaction from Pascal who appeared reluctant to hand the responsibility over.

"The only way I know how to do anything is to just do it entirely," Feige is believed to have said in his pitch, which seemingly caught Pascal off-guard. "So why don't you let us do it? Don't think of it as two studios. And don't think of it as giving another studio back the rights. No change of hands of rights. No change of hands of money. Just engage us to produce it."

"At first, I was super resentful," Pascal admits in the book. "I think I started crying and threw him out of my office, or threw a sandwich at him - I'm not sure which... By the fifth movie, we weren't giving them anything new. And I have to be honest about it, we were trying so hard to be different, we even went into places to be different that we shouldn't have."

Pascal's change of heart came when she realized that Sony's plans for Spider-Man were not fresh anymore. She noted that Feige had always shared a mutual love for the character and that he had presented some really smart ideas on what to do with Spider-Man in the MCU, having found a new direction to set up the next stage for Spider-Man's journey.

"Pascal called Feige back the next day after their lunch. The concept of a collaboration between Sony and Marvel Studios had not left her mind," the book recounts. "[Pascal] admits, 'The idea of putting him up against a world where everybody had everything and he had nothing was a whole new way of telling his story. I thought, 'Goddamn, that guy's smart.'"

https://www.ign.com/articles/spider-man-marvel-studios-mcu-plans-sony-exec-initially-super-resentful

Back