Spider-Man: No Way Home (December 17th, 2021)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta watch the film lol

dEom4QC.gif

I watched a camrip. It was okay, I wrote one of my usual blogposts about it. I still don't get how it's creeping up near 2B. I literally cannot wrap my head around it. I've complained about Endgame and the such, but I could see the "epic" appeal. NWH was better than the other Spider-Flicks, but I cannot understand how the GA responded so well to it. I think I'm too detached from the average bloke...

I haven't gone to the theatres since 2016; Doctor Strange I think. Funny thing is, the first movie I might return to theatres for will probably be DS2 or Battinson.

I don’t remember your review on this did you end up liking it?
Finally saw it. Mission accomplished I would say - nostalgia suitably nourished while not detracting from Holland who I thought was given some meaty stuff to work with. As with his 'death' in Infinity War, I was once again all welled-up with some of his scenes in this film. Great performance and a promising jumping off point for perhaps a more traditional Spiderman from him in future.

And although they may never be revisited again I get to say that the Maguire and Garfield universes are canon with the MCU and that is awesome.

You were the 'first responder' to my post actually.

It was good. It hasn't changed my life or anything. I didn't feel like I just had to pay to see it again ASAP (although I probably only ever felt that way with Jurassic Park and Independence Day - on account of the game-changing special effects at the time)

I think the experience probably would have been a lot better if I'd had no idea about any of the returning cast from the Maguire and Garfield films. Once the trailers revealed the villains it was virtually guaranteed that Tobey and Andrew were going to be in it too and I couldn't help myself but get spoiler confirmation of that on youtube after the release.

I also think Tobey and Andrew's introduction was too low key. Some sort of hero-moment entrance with a full rendition of their respective music themes might have been preferred. But that might have required a completely different story structure, I dunno.

I only just caught it too. Still don't accept it as canon as I don't think they should be crossing over realities with the previous versions. Same with Flash. But the box office success shows nostalgia rules.
Is it the nostalgia-baiting in particular you don't like or do you not like this idea of Multiverse at all?

Personally I think I might find the Multiverse concept either uninteresting or too nuts to accept if not for the nostalgia-baiting. For example if this film had had just different versions of Tom Holland as Spiderman I'd have been pretty meh on that. I would not have found that particularly exciting (even if it might have made more sense).

But look it's early days in what I assume is going to be a broader multiverse storyline. It could end up turning me off the entire thing.

I did really enjoy this movie but it weirdly cemented for me that Andrew Garfield is spider-man. I grew up with Tobey and was looking forward to seeing home most of all and it was a blast seeing him again and getting the sense that his character has grown off screen - however, Andrew just behaved and looked most like Spider-man to me and he is also the best actor of the three. The little subtle things he did in his performance just made Tom Holland seem lesser. I want to see more of rageful Garfield-man and man that moment when he caught MJ was awesome. I think Jye and I called that one from the trailer about 120 pages ago but man was that satisfying to see and the emotion on Garfield’s face almost made my eyes malfunction.

I really felt like both Tobey and Andrew needed the after credits scenes. I wanted to see Tobey return to MJ and she scold him for getting stabbed and then see that they had little spider kids and one was called Harry or something soppy. Then I wanted them to go Garfield and have him visiting Gwen’s grave to cement that he hadn’t forgotten and then maybe catch a glimpse of venom on the TV or police scanner and have him swing off to tease that Garfield is the spider-man of the Sony Venom-verse and presumably Morbius.

I don’t really care if I don’t see another Holland movie I want more Andrew Spider-man.

I am also super late to this party and I expect everyone else has already talked this movie to death at this point haha! I’m so late Wor-Gar might have even seen it by now.

I did really enjoy this movie but it weirdly cemented for me that Andrew Garfield is spider-man. I grew up with Tobey and was looking forward to seeing home most of all and it was a blast seeing him again and getting the sense that his character has grown off screen - however, Andrew just behaved and looked most like Spider-man to me and he is also the best actor of the three. The little subtle things he did in his performance just made Tom Holland seem lesser. I want to see more of rageful Garfield-man and man that moment when he caught MJ was awesome. I think Jye and I called that one from the trailer about 120 pages ago but man was that satisfying to see and the emotion on Garfield’s face almost made my eyes malfunction.

I really felt like both Tobey and Andrew needed the after credits scenes. I wanted to see Tobey return to MJ and she scold him for getting stabbed and then see that they had little spider kids and one was called Harry or something soppy. Then I wanted them to go Garfield and have him visiting Gwen’s grave to cement that he hadn’t forgotten and then maybe catch a glimpse of venom on the TV or police scanner and have him swing off to tease that Garfield is the spider-man of the Sony Venom-verse and presumably Morbius.

I don’t really care if I don’t see another Holland movie I want more Andrew Spider-man.

I am also super late to this party and I expect everyone else has already talked this movie to death at this point haha! I’m so late Wor-Gar might have even seen it by now.
/\PERFECT/\

I watched a camrip. It was okay, I wrote one of my usual blogposts about it. I still don't get how it's creeping up near 2B. I literally cannot wrap my head around it. I've complained about Endgame and the such, but I could see the "epic" appeal. NWH was better than the other Spider-Flicks, but I cannot understand how the GA responded so well to it. I think I'm too detached from the average bloke...

I haven't gone to the theatres since 2016; Doctor Strange I think. Funny thing is, the first movie I might return to theatres for will probably be DS2 or Battinson.

covid, covid. le covid
this spidermen movie was the first GREAT movie that people could enjoy and by then everyone was vaxxinated and the hype of a good marvel movie.

I can see how this movie clicked all the right boxes.
feel good marvel spiderman adventure with a nostalgia returning cast. full of cool action and full of memorable actors and memorable villains that everyone loved.

after the lockdowns, after the stress. after bad movies being on theaters.
this was the best thing to come

covid, covid. le covid
this spidermen movie was the first GREAT movie that people could enjoy and by then everyone was vaxxinated and the hype of a good marvel movie.

I can see how this movie clicked all the right boxes.
feel good marvel spiderman adventure with a nostalgia returning cast. full of cool action and full of memorable actors and memorable villains that everyone loved.

after the lockdowns, after the stress. after bad movies being on theaters.
this was the best thing to come
c2c9aef676083c6284c432e6d2a87933.gif

I feel like standards are falling rapidly, year by year... It was just another capeflick to me. I didn't feel all that nostalgia either, and I was the core audience. Hell, I go on a 90s/00s binge every other month, and NWH didn't really feel like that for me. I got bigger 'memberies back in 2014 when DOFP did that last scene.

80f403a6b12d1df6fcd7e6acac35611572011943_hq.jpg

Is it because I have fonder X-Memories from the 00s over Spider-Memories? Dunno, between the movies, cartoons, comics and games, both brands were part of my life at the time. I guess FoX-Men are more "dated" due to the aesthetics, whereas the Raimi-Man movies are more timeless, thus making the FoX-Men more "nostalgic" in my eyes.

Each to their own though; the GA seemed to like it enough for it to come close to 2Bs. I just can't really wrap my head around that number. Endgame I get, even Avatar back in the day. This one just didn't feel that blockbustery to me. It was still a solo flick. But it's Spider-Man, so that's to be expected. People love Spider-Man.

Last edited:
c2c9aef676083c6284c432e6d2a87933.gif

I feel like standards are falling rapidly, year by year... It was just another capeflick to me. I didn't feel all that nostalgia either, and I was the core audience. Whatever, each to their own; the GA seemed to like it enough for it to come close to 2Bs. I just can't really wrap my head around that number. Endgame I get, even Avatar back in the day. This one just didn't feel that blockbustery to me.

I wasn't crazy about this either
but Black Widow was lame and ETERNALS was really awful,
so even by that, this movie was refreshing

2021 didn't have the best movies out. marvel wasn't doing great. no one cared about loki.
I'm not disagreeing with you. and I fully see your points.

but I saw normies just being happy that a good marvel movie was in theaters and normies were happy to leave their house. (ironically enough, the release of this movie saw a spike in covid cases)

the movie was good enough to wow audiences, the movie was an action spectacle. it made people see feel good. kids and families could have a good time.

it's like jurassic world. even before covid, jurassic world had all the elements I just described, it was mediocre but normies loved it.
if jurassic world had just came out right now, it would had done 2 BILLION dollars in box office.

I wasn't crazy about this either
but Black Widow was lame and ETERNALS was really awful,
so even by that, this movie was refreshing

2021 didn't have the best movies out. marvel wasn't doing great. no one cared about loki.
I'm not disagreeing with you. and I fully see your points.

but I saw normies just being happy that a good marvel movie was in theaters and normies were happy to leave their house. (ironically enough, the release of this movie saw a spike in covid cases)

the movie was good enough to wow audiences, the movie was an action spectacle. it made people see feel good. kids and families could have a good time.

it's like jurassic world. even before covid, jurassic world had all the elements I just described, it was mediocre but normies loved it.
if jurassic world had just came out right now, it would had done 2 BILLION dollars in box office.
Yeah, all good points. Plus, it's Spider-Man. Spider-Man's always gonna sell and make bank. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around such numbers being so commonplace these days. Not even a decade ago a billion was this huge figure. I remember the daily box office reports. Now it's "oh, yeah, it passed a Bil". I remember when they used to shoot CBMs and we'd get our first grainy photos from the set. Now it's all done inside studios in front of green screens and nothing gets out. The magic's gone...

giphy.gif

I liked Loki though. Excusing Kang The Clown. It was the best of the D+ shows I thought.

Yeah, all good points. Plus, it's Spider-Man. Spider-Man's always gonna sell and make bank. It's just hard for me to wrap my head around such numbers being so commonplace these days. Not even a decade ago a billion was this huge figure. I remember the daily box office reports. Now it's "oh, yeah, it passed a Bil". I remember when they used to shoot CBMs and we'd get our first grainy photos from the set. Now it's all done inside studios in front of green screens and nothing gets out. The magic's gone...

giphy.gif

I liked Loki though. Excusing Kang The Clown. It was the best of the D+ shows I thought.

well think about it.
a lot of people that don't give two hoots about marvel still grew up on Tobeys spiderman. even people that hate modern marvel still have a huge soft spot for the oldies.

I must admit. seeing doc oc in the trailer and knowing that goblin was returning did give me a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. I did get happy and felt good that they were returning.
I was happy that electro was back too. knowing that all villains returned did excite me
just the fact that all the actors agreed and the fact that all 3 spidermen agreed was a huge feat.
there were rumors that Tobey was being his usual bully self and rumors of some actors not coming. no one knew if Andrew or bully Mcguire actually said yes.
there was a lot of trolling and hate posting that they would not come back.
a lot of fake rumors that they weren't coming

this movie and cobra Kai is what modern star wars should have done.
this movie and cobra Kai destroys the nu star wars movies.

cobra Kai is not even amazing but it was the number 1 show on Netflix. you could literally make your same points of cobra Kai. literally the same points you made,
and the same thing happened.
cobra Kai blew up for bringing back the actorsand being just a good ol' time

(lady loki was freaking hot)

well think about it.
a lot of people that don't give two hoots about marvel still grew up on Tobeys spiderman. even people that hate modern marvel still have a huge soft spot for the oldies.

I must admit. seeing doc oc in the trailer and knowing that goblin was returning did give me a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach. I did get happy and felt good that they were returning.
I was happy that electro was back too. knowing that all villains returned did excite me
just the fact that all the actors agreed and the fact that all 3 spidermen agreed was a huge feat.
there were rumors that Tobey was being his usual bully self and rumors of some actors not coming. no one knew if Andrew or bully Mcguire actually said yes.
there was a lot of trolling and hate posting that they would not come back.
a lot of fake rumors that they weren't coming

this movie and cobra Kai is what modern star wars should have done.
this movie and cobra Kai destroys the nu star wars movies.

cobra Kai is not even amazing but it was the number 1 show on Netflix. you could literally make your same points of cobra Kai. literally the same points you made,
and the same thing happened.
cobra Kai blew up for bringing back the actorsand being just a good ol' time
All fair points. I guess I just wasn't that invested. For nostalgia to hit me, I still have to be invested. And I stopped caring about Spider-Man in any capacity around 2015. I'll get a Tobey-Man dolly for completionism reasons, but that's it. I used to be a big Venom kid, but again, I haven't cared about him or the symbiotes in ages. I'm not going to be dropping the hundreds on their figures, so by extension I don't much care for the movies themselves.

I guess it just depends on how it hits you. If MoM features FoX-Men Magneto & Xavier, I imagine I'll be more excited because I still maintain a relationship with the property (I still pull X-Men floppies every month). Or if Iron Cruise turns out to be a reality. The Raimi flicks are nostalgia wells, but it's just that for me the connection with the "core" isn't there anymore, so... The last time I was really hyped for something Spider-Man related was Web Of Shadows. I think the best way to describe it is that I love the concept of Spider-Man, the suit, the powers, everything, but his world doesn't do things for me anymore, so I've let it go. I'll still get a Tobey-Man like I said (and probably a SpOck & 2099 down the lane) but I'd rather go hunt down a Stan Lee to display him with rather than buy an Ock or Goblin.

As for NWH, I guess I didn't get hit with the nostalgia rays because those parts of the movie were more minimal compared to the Holland plot and characters. Had we had proper subplots for Garfield and Maguire, I'd probably have been more on board with it.

(lady loki was freaking hot)
Not muh!

ijqbjlczn1r51.jpg

Back