Somehow Rey Returned

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Despecialized are very cool and modern but something about those 4K/77/83 that really REALLY bring home the feeling of being there during their original releases they really transported me back to 77 and 83.

For those who were not there in 77 and 83 I highly recommend them because they’re as close to the real visual experience from that analog era as you can get.

As a nice and respected government official once said…”Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no Mercy to the SE.”

Last edited:
Those line alterations were maddening.
“Bring my shuttle” was said with such anger. Vader was pissed. Now he sounds like he’s collecting his shuttle from a valet 😕
This is so freaking true. He went from making a demand through clenched teeth to ordering a latte.

I get why people say that ESB's alterations are the most subtle but for me they're the most maddening.

ANH was always a bit rough so some mismatched additions don't bother me as much especially when there's some genuinely cool stuff like new footage of Ford himself (dodgy Jabba footage notwithstanding) as well as Biggs and Red Leader.

The musical number in ROTJ is dumb but it's ROTJ which dabbled in goofiness right from the get go.

But ESB was perfect so for me all those dumb little tweaks, including Luke's alternate line when R2 is spit out, are just unforgivable.

Despecialized are very cool and modern but something about those 4K/77/83 that really REALLY bring home the feeling of being there during their original releases they really brought me back to 77 and 83.

For those who were not there in 77 and 83 I highly recommend them because they’re as close to the real visual experience from that analog era as you can get.

As a nice and respected government official once said…”Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no Mercy to the SE.”
Yep, now that I have 4K77 and 4K83 I no longer bother with the Despecialized versions of SW and ROTJ.

Yep, now that I have 4K77 and 4K83 I no longer bother with the Despecialized versions of SW and ROTJ.
The transfers being from actual pre SE prints really sealed the deal for me.

Hell what am I saying not just from pre SE prints but from an actual original theatrical print from 77 just 2 generations removed from the original negative :thud:

That’s 77.

For 83 i’m not as familiar with the source history.

The transfers being from actual pre SE prints really sealed the deal for me.

Hell what am I saying not just from pre SE prints but from an actual original theatrical print from 77 just 2 generations removed from the original negative :thud:

That’s 77.

For 83 i’m not as familiar with the source history.
Mike Verta has done some insane stuff with '77 prints. Too bad it'll never see the light of day though.

This is not usually brought up as a prime unwelcome change but I hate the dialogue alteration in ESB when R2-D2 is spit out by a Dagobah swamp monster Luke’s original line was, "You're lucky you don't taste very good."

The SE changed it to, "You were lucky to get out of there."

Ugh so bland and not as brilliantly witty.

That being said ESB SE is the least offensive as it all comes down to how one feels about the dialogue changes between Vader and the Emperor altering who knew what and when regarding Luke.

Fett’s voice also remains a non starter for some when it comes to accepting ESB SE as their version.

Vader’s “Alert my star destroyer” is not as bad as Fett’s alteration but a tone killing change nonetheless.

Ughh I need a drink now lol
With each change, it's becoming less like a galaxy, far, far away.

A lot of modern movies lose me with dialogues. I hate when movies put modern catch phrases or sayings in movies. Like you mentioend about the "Lucky taste very good," vs "Lucky to get out of there."

Taste very good just adds to it being set in a different universe. It's not something you would hear on this(OUR) universe. I actually miss the Royal Speech.

Even William Shatner, his acting as Kirk, suits it as the future. The way he talks and carries himself, same with the Next Generation's Picard.

Movies have lost that ability to make you think this is a different universe.

What makes Boba cool to me was he didn't speak, but was feared. Mystery works in story telling lure. They keep trying to expand shiet and ruin a characters ethos in the process.

Last edited:
SE or original... "What the hell are you doing?" ...always bothered me. It's very terrestrial.

Is there Hell in a galaxy far, far away?

Then again, so is the Falcon part of Millennium Falcon.

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fd267cb6f-02af-48fd-a699-7cae0893fb39_400x170.gif

Like she’ll actually go on record and say “yea this new Star Wars movie looks like it’ll probably suck major ass when I read the script”

Anyway good luck marketing to a majority of peeps that don’t like the character already. I’m sure it’ll be fine

SE or original... "What the hell are you doing?" ...always bothered me. It's very terrestrial.

Is there Hell in a galaxy far, far away?

There are married people and in-laws in the Star Wars universe.

I assure you, wherever there are married people and in-laws, some kind of hell surely exists.

Don't know about falcons though. Falcons can't gaslight you.

I think they'll struggle to shake fans out of their apathy to see the Mando movie let alone a Rey movie.
Up until the disastrous 3rd season, people liked Mando and the season 3 finale left things at a good closing point. Felt like an end to me. Mando relaxing in his chair in front of his little cabin. Adopted son playing by the pond.
No need to drag him into anything else.
Does anyone actually want a Rey movie?
Many fans are apathetic to Mando and Star Wars in general.
Many fans also hate the ST and the Rey character. Talk about an uphill struggle.
I'm half expecting them to cram the Rey movie with cameos/Force ghosts from the PT and OT to try to entice people in.

Back