Sideshow Snake Eyes and Timber 1/6th Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the review. He looks a lot cooler in your pics than when I first saw the previews for him. Timber I don't think I need, though.

Is Timber a necessity? Probably not. But he certainly adds to my overall display of the figure. In junior high, I was stoked by the idea of A) being a ninja, B) being a badass commando, C) having a sweet cabin in the mountains, and D) having a wolf as my Wookie *****. There's an emotional connection there for me.

I think this review just gave me blue balls.

Where's the visor HS and the rest of the figure. I appreciate the pics but was expecting a little bit more I guess.

Thanks nonetheless.

Yes very nice review but I expected a ton more pics. Will you be following up with additional looks? Like jacket off with each head a so forth? So the goggles are removable? What does it look like underneath?

It definitely looks like the head and neck have been tweaked. At the very least the photos Rook took don't highlight the long necked, pinhead SE we saw in the SS pics. Overall he looks pretty good. I haven't been on the fence like some of you; I was getting SE one way or another; but the highs and lows from the preview pic to the product photos definitely left me a little discouraged. These new photos help. Thanks for that Rook.

That said, it would've been cool for you to tell us what's underneath the goggles (or if they can be removed at all) or if you noticed any alterations from the original photos or even what the packaging looked like. We'll find out soon enough but you could have done us all a major solid seeing as you are really fortunate to get SE this early. Just saying.

Oh. I'm sorry. I thought I'd made it clear.

Toys Will Be Toys said:
But the inclusion of the classic head, fully-sculpted with a real-world pair of goggles (attached to the head with a fabric strap) was a real selling point for me.

The goggles are fixed. The strap is not. You can move the strap around the back of the head at your leisure. But the goggles won't come off.

^^^Damn. Thanks for the specification though. Anything else you can share about the packaging?

You mean we have to READ all that and there's only 3 pictures!?! Just kidding Rook, I appreciate the inciteful review and this has made me excited for a figure that I NEED to round out my collection. I preordered when SE was first announced and thought everyone was delusional when I started reading the rants here. Granted, there was some merit in their criticism, but nothing that would have bothered me had I not been here to read them. Mob mentallity aside, great read and inciteful review. :duff

Pretty much standard Sideshow Joe packaging. Real American Hero, and all that. They do a fine job, as always, of replicating the feel of the original Hasbro/Joe design (which I appreciate, given the first figure I owned was the original Flash figure, a Cobra trooper and that cool RAM motorcycle...no wonder I ride a motorcycle these days).

Hey Rook, which filecard did they use for SE? The one that ends with "the blade retains its cutting edge?"

And I stand by my comment that it was a very nice review. More pics would be appreciated nevertheless. :D

Back