Show us your G.I. Joe/ Cobra Troops! Any and All...or even working on!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snapped this one today.

92da11d9580c394223b4675f29222598.jpg

That is nice. Helmeted CC is one I considered strongly picking up but never did.

Though I still love my modified Flint and Zartan, I plan to sell the rest of my Joes whenever I get motivated to list them. The quality was never where I wanted it to be, and the odd design choices SSC got into kept major gaps like Destro out of my collection.

That is nice. Helmeted CC is one I considered strongly picking up but never did.

Though I still love my modified Flint and Zartan, I plan to sell the rest of my Joes whenever I get motivated to list them. The quality was never where I wanted it to be, and the odd design choices SSC got into kept major gaps like Destro out of my collection.

I was on the fence on this entire line. Too many design liberties were taken IMO.

I only bought CC after I knew I could get my hands on this helmet. The only others I have are Baroness (seems perfect) and Zartan (which should be a cheap and fun project).

Sorry to hear about your QC issues. I seem to be one of the rare collectors that hasn't really had any QC issues with my SS products. The only one (out of my entire collection) that has a new issue is Stalker. The skin is fading, or something. Like the plastic is degrading. But it only started maybe 6 months ago. The odd thing (in my opinion) is that it's not the oldest SS figure I have, so I find it odd that it's the only one with the issue.
As far as design (not to re-open that debate), I can completely understand that some didn't like (or hated) the design choices. What I find harder to understand is why some of the same collectors who hate hate hate on SS for the design choices, still collect most of the HT Marvel figures (as an example). Sure the HT quality is excellent, but from a design standpoint, they are all pretty far from source material. Same with the Nolan or Burton Batman figures. I find it odd that I'll see the same collector on facebook hate on the SS Destro, but then post pics of several Hugh Jackman figs and describe them as the ultimate Wolverine representation. If I was as good at customizing (or if I could customize at all) as some of you, I'd have custom GI Joes, custom Marvel, custom DC, custom A-Team, etc., etc....

Back