• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Touble with Scammers in the trade forum? Let us know. *Also tips for new buyers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mainly visit this board for the For Sale section. So, I rarely venture to other parts on Sideshowboards.
But maybe the past few months I have been noticing some odd/bizarre posts from new users.
These posts just don't make senses or tied to the subject to the thread or replies, the posts just seem random.
I'm assuming these new users are trying to build history.

maybe if seller/user is new, make them mail the item first.

And if you guys see some odd posts from new users, post them in this thread

ablegod1940 sent me a pm for the premium format custom cape I am looking for. 0 posts and not their own pictures.

Also got a pm from a user I do not see on the current list: bornlovely772

Also no posts.

I mainly visit this board for the For Sale section. So, I rarely venture to other parts on Sideshowboards.
But maybe the past few months I have been noticing some odd/bizarre posts from new users.
These posts just don't make senses or tied to the subject to the thread or replies, the posts just seem random.
I'm assuming these new users are trying to build history.

maybe if seller/user is new, make them mail the item first.

And if you guys see some odd posts from new users, post them in this thread

Spammers. I would daresay the majority of new members over the past year or more have been spam, garbage accounts. The Introductions section and Other Topics are absolutely rife with them. The admin and mods have just given up trying to do anything about it, it seems.

ablegod1940 sent me a pm for the premium format custom cape I am looking for. 0 posts and not their own pictures.

Also got a pm from a user I do not see on the current list: bornlovely772

Also no posts.

Same. Just received a message from them regarding a premium format figure. Good thing I checked this page.

I live in Canada and have used this forum to trade and sell Hot Toy figures without any problem, except for the last figure that I tried to sell. In Canada, Canada Post makes you fill out a form that is attached to the package that asks you what's in the package that you are sending and the value of the item. I wrote the word "Toy Figure" and the package crossed the border into the United States and almost reached it's destination in California, when suddenly it reversed course and the package was returned to me. The reason was that it was a "toy" and that it could be harmful to children younger than a certain age. That's the only time anything like that has happened to me.
So does anyone have any advice as to what you should say is in the package when you are shipping Hot Toys so that it doesn't get returned by the USPS?
Instead of "toy figure" what should I write?

I have heard some people mention this before, one guy said that he tried to put action figure and they returned it because he wasn't specific on the "action it preformed" (stupid right?) He said he now puts PLASTIC TOY FIGURINE. Some I might try would be "Miniature Plastic Statue", or simply "Doll". (With the price of some fashion dolls on the market they wouldn't be surprised by a high dollar value on a generic term.
If anyone else has and suggestions please throw them in.

Couldn't help but share this one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210723-193307_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210723-193307_Chrome.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 23
Back