SDCC HT what's expected and any Surprises???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo Shrek

Super Freak
Reaction score
With SDCC coming later this month I thought about what we might see.
I know we will see all the Avenger's/Marvel/Batman Rises that have gone up for pre-order. Plus anything else that is already in the HT Store Window display (ie. DX Joker, T-800, Luke Iron Monger). We might even see recent releases like Noland, Jake Sully, Amber etc.

Has there been rumors of completely new license or sculpts that we the fans have not yet seen? I would like to see Batman Returns sculpts but I read that HT will not show pictures until late this year. The only other figure I can think of is Depp’s “Sleepy Hollow” and Batman Rises figures.

This may be wishful thinking, but I am hoping we see:

- Angelica (Pirates)
- Cannibal Jack Sparrow 2.0 (Pirates)
- Batman (Arkham City)
- Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars)
- Han Solo (announcement)
- Hulk
- Iron Man
- Bane
- Catwoman

I'm hoping to see:

Anakin Skywalker DX
Han Solo DX announcement
BTTF formal announcement
Bane
Batman Forever licence announcement
Batman 66 licence announcement
Blade Runner licence announcement (it was mentioned in the same article as BTTF and Anakin DX)

I'm not going to hope for anything. Whats already been announced has already put a lot on my plate for the remainder of this year and into the next. Having said that if they want to show stuff they've previously announced...

Ultimately though I do want to see the T1 and T2 1:6 lines finished out.

Last edited:
I just want to finally see X-Men First Class :pray:

But i'd be happy to see Expendables, Lizard, Batman (AC), BTTF, Angelica or Cannibal Jack Throne & fig

Last edited:
A New Hope kept character designs very simple. Han Solo would be nice but I do not think there is too much of him to warrant the $200 price tag.

I think a Anakin likeness from HT would look awesome. I don't think I would make the purchase...

I think the only thing that would excite me at SDCC would be showing the Returns Penguin and Announcing a HT Street Cloth Rocky!!!

Don't forget about Sleepy Hallow for us Depp fans!!

But I'm hoping to see a lot more characters from TDKR. Love all those actors!!

And please give us a Neytiri and Quorra! (long shots)

A New Hope kept character designs very simple. Han Solo would be nice but I do not think there is too much of him to warrant the $200 price tag.

That's why they'll make it a 2-pack with Smuggler Outfit and Yavin Ceremony outfits for $349.99

I would like to see the following related items/item:

Back To The Future
Batman Returns
Sleepy Hollow - Ichabod Crane
The Avengers - Hulk
Star Wars - Anything really, but more so Han Solo DX (Carbonite)
Prometheus - Engineer or Shaw

It all seems like false hope, but I would be happy with any of the above.

:rock

Oh Neytiri would be a nice announcement. They should do her since they have the framework for that body done already.

I am personally hoping to see Angelica (Pirates) and Catwoman (Hathaway). Those are the only two I am planning to buy from all the announcements thus far.

But it would be nice to see a lot of other stuff. :)

So much I'd love to see HT announce/show:

AVPreds (Scar, Celtic, Chopper, Wolf)
TDKR Batman, Catwoman, Bane, The Bat (although I have no room nor the funds to buy anythin that big..lol)
Rocky needs a reboot, love to see him re-done
Avengers: The whole team surrounding Loki
Boondock Saints....haha...yeah right...but I can dream can't I??
Amazing Spiderman - really want to see some up close shots of him...hopefully with corrected eye tinting
Personally would love to see a line of figures devoted to......The Matrix as well....Neo. Trinity, Morpheus and Smith would make me really really happy...again...I can dream can't I??

This may be wishful thinking, but I am hoping we see:

- Angelica (Pirates)
- Cannibal Jack Sparrow 2.0 (Pirates)
- Batman (Arkham City)
- Anakin Skywalker (Star Wars)
- Han Solo (announcement)
- Hulk
- Iron Man
- Bane
- Catwoman

Great list. I'd add TDKR Batman, RoboCop, Die Hard and Rambo.

We pretty much know the following will be there:

Avengers - Hulk and Iron Man (if not revealed by then)
Arkham City - Batman, perhaps Joker and Harley as well
TDKR - Batman, Bane, and likely Catwoman as well

Anything beyond that is anybody's guess. They don't get a ton of space at Sideshow's booth, but they get a decent chunk. 2-5 displays. So I wouldn't expect a lot of new stuff past those, which would be appropriate since it is COMIC con.

I'd love to see anything Prometheus related. After this year I'm going to get a lot pickier about what I'll buy, but that's the one license I'll grab anything and everything of quality from!

So much I'd love to see HT announce/show:

AVPreds (Scar, Celtic, Chopper, Wolf)
TDKR Batman, Catwoman, Bane, The Bat (although I have no room nor the funds to buy anythin that big..lol)
Rocky needs a reboot, love to see him re-done
Avengers: The whole team surrounding Loki
Boondock Saints....haha...yeah right...but I can dream can't I??
Amazing Spiderman - really want to see some up close shots of him...hopefully with corrected eye tinting
Personally would love to see a line of figures devoted to......The Matrix as well....Neo. Trinity, Morpheus and Smith would make me really really happy...again...I can dream can't I??

To add an addendum...I'd also love to see:
X-Men 1st class: Magneto, Charles, 4 second clip Wolverine
Rambo

If had my way I'd like to see a Blade Runner announcement, the next Star Wars release and one more Tron:Legacy release.

Back