Seeking advice on what price some DC figures might bring if sold… not selling at this point… just trying to get an idea from folks here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alatar

Super Freak
Reaction score
A current kitbash project is getting quite expensive to complete. When it’s finished it will be one-of-a-kind and I think rather valuable. But it’s personally important for me to finish it. And costs are adding up!

Anyway I’m reluctantly considering selling the following figures below, although by no means ready to do so. With this post just trying to gauge what devoted DC collectors here think is a realistic estimate for what they might fetch via auction on eBay. And also just getting a sense as well about what others might do. Of course I’ll make my own decision but still curious.

Both are in excellent (like new, perfect, honestly) condition, displayed relatively briefly and only in non-dynamic poses, displayed and stored with great climate control, no smoking or pets, no direct sunlight, etc.

• JL Batman - figure, Bruce Wayne head sculpt, and basic accessories only; no stand (it’s from the Deluxe version but I’m keeping the parademon base and blaster to pair with Tac Suit)
  • BvS Battle Damaged Armored Batman

Both boxes in great condition. No Sideshow shippers though.

Have any of you ever sold via eBay auction? Can you set a reserve price, i.e., item is only available if it reaches a certain price sort by the seller?

Of course I’m reluctant to let anything Snyderverse go. But honestly the only Batfleck figures I can foresee actually displaying from now on will be BvS Batman (still hands down my favorite), JL Tac Suit, and Knightmare Batman.

What would you do in a position like this? Again, It’s obviously my decision to make, but still interested in what you would do.

Last edited:
I've sold on ebay. You can set reserve prices, but I just start the auction at the minimum that I would accept. I don't see the point in starting auctions below a reserve. I think 500 for Armored Batman and maybe 350 to 400 for JL Batman would be fair prices to expect. I'd probably start auctions at $450 usd for BD ABM and $300 for JLB.

I sold one on a FB group. On Ebay just search your fig, filter to sold listings on the left, then see about where your fig value is at last few months. I detail everything, any imperfections with fig or box, ships in shipper, poses, pet/smoke free home and photos front, back, in box and accessories. The more you show you care the more someone else appreciates.

A current kitbash project is getting quite expensive to complete. When it’s finished it will be one-of-a-kind and I think rather valuable. But it’s personally important for me to finish it. And costs are adding up!

Anyway I’m reluctantly considering selling the following figures below, although by no means ready to do so. With this post just trying to gauge what devoted DC collectors here think is a realistic estimate for what they might fetch via auction on eBay. And also just getting a sense as well about what others might do. Of course I’ll make my own decision but still curious.

Both are in excellent (like new, perfect, honestly) condition, displayed relatively briefly and only in non-dynamic poses, displayed and stored with great climate control, no smoking or pets, no direct sunlight, etc.

• JL Batman - figure, Bruce Wayne head sculpt, and basic accessories only; no stand (it’s from the Deluxe version but I’m keeping the parademon base and blaster to pair with Tac Suit)
  • BvS Battle Damaged Armored Batman

Both boxes in great condition. No Sideshow shippers though.

Have any of you ever sold via eBay auction? Can you set a reserve price, i.e., item is only available if it reaches a certain price sort by the seller?

Of course I’m reluctant to let anything Snyderverse go. But honestly the only Batfleck figures I can foresee actually displaying from now on will be BvS Batman (still hands down my favorite), JL Tac Suit, and Knightmare Batman.

What would you do in a position like this? Again, It’s obviously my decision to make, but still interested in what you would do.
The Batman may be a tougher sell if you are selling it incomplete. The Parademon stand was probably one of the better aspects of the set so you will need to really factor it’s absence into the pricing.

The Batman may be a tougher sell if you are selling it incomplete. The Parademon stand was probably one of the better aspects of the set so you will need to really factor it’s absence into the pricing.
True. It probably won't fetch the maximum. Although at auction of course the seller's hope is always for a bidding war.

Some don't care about the parademon accessories (which go best with the Tac Suit). I'm watching an auction right now for the standard JL Batman with regular stand that had a starting bid of $350 and is now at $455 as of this writing with 8 hours to go. A parted out individual Justice League stand is currently going for $50-80, if the buyer decided to pick one up separately.

I've sold on ebay. You can set reserve prices, but I just start the auction at the minimum that I would accept. I don't see the point in starting auctions below a reserve. I think 500 for Armored Batman and maybe 350 to 400 for JL Batman would be fair prices to expect. I'd probably start auctions at $450 usd for BD ABM and $300 for JLB.

Thanks, that's about what I was thinking too.

Preowned BvS Battle Damaged Armored Batman currently listing for around $450, some even have it for $550. I mean, I know buyers will haggle (I did for the two figures I've bought on Ebay).

A pre-owned black chrome version that started at $400 is now at auction is currently at $520 with 19 hours to go. Maybe the black chrome is more popular than battle damaged? But I don't know, I kind of doubt it...

Easiest way to get an idea of what figures are going for is to search your figure on eBay with the “sold” filter on. If I do a “Buy it Now” with Best Offer option, I tend to set the Buy It Now at around what the figure is going for and have it automatically reject offers below my minimum that I would accept. I don’t like doing auction style and will only change to that if my figure doesn’t sell.

If you look at completed items on eBay it’ll give you a good idea what to sell things for in forums and in FB.
BD Bats sold for $333 plus shipping a month ago and around $425 to $450 plus shipping recently so a reasonable price on a forum or FB would be around $375 to $400 plus shipping. I’m selling one and that’s how I decided on the price.

EDIT: Same thought as Gipetto. He beat me to it.

Thanks for all this helpful feedback, I really appreciate it!

I’m a little confused by the reluctance to put something up for auction as long as the starting price is an acceptable amount. For an item that is already established as strongly in demand, at least at first glance I’m thinking why wouldn‘t you want a lot of potential buyers competing for it to drive the price up?

For example, I’m watching this current auction for a used standard JL Batman with starting bid set at $350 now at $455 (plus $30 shipping for the buyer!) with 8 days left.

Now the figure that I’m selling lacks the standard JL stand and parademon blaster, true. But instead it includes the Bruce Wayne head sculpt, which is probably a major bonus for many that are interested in this figure.

The stand and blaster are both currently available separately for around $130 total ($50 and $80 respectively).

Comparatively:

A separately sold Bruce Wayne head sculpt (in fact a slightly damaged one; but has a stain on lower neck that will probably be hidden anyway), is currently listing at $169.

Seller of that head sculpt will probably come down on the price but I would say it’s comparable in value to the stand and blaster.

(Although in all honesty there’s better third party Batfleck head sculpts out there than the HT one. But by the same token probably some collectors would want only the HT one. Anyway…)

On the other hand, I guess you avoid the eBay seller’s fee by listing it on a FB page. For a toy within the U.S. is that around 10% the total sale, not including shipping?

Last edited:
Just do it. That is the only way it gets done. Didn't realize I could get rid of all I have but you just take pics and list it then ship it.

Thanks for all this helpful feedback, I really appreciate it!

I’m a little confused by the reluctance to put something up for auction as long as the starting price is an acceptable amount. For an item that is already established as strongly in demand, at least at first glance I’m thinking why wouldn‘t you want a lot of potential buyers competing for it to drive the price up?

For example, I’m watching this current auction for a used standard JL Batman with starting bid set at $350 now at $455 (plus $30 shipping for the buyer!) with 8 days left.

Now the figure that I’m selling lacks the standard JL stand and parademon blaster, true. But instead it includes the Bruce Wayne head sculpt, which is probably a major bonus for many that are interested in this figure.

The stand and blaster are both currently available separately for around $130 total ($50 and $80 respectively).

Comparatively:

A separately sold Bruce Wayne head sculpt (in fact a slightly damaged one; but has a stain on lower neck that will probably be hidden anyway), is currently listing at $169.

Seller of that head sculpt will probably come down on the price but I would say it’s comparable in value to the stand and blaster.

(Although in all honesty there’s better third party Batfleck head sculpts out there than the HT one. But by the same token probably some collectors would want only the HT one. Anyway…)

On the other hand, I guess you avoid the eBay seller’s fee by listing it on a FB page. For a toy within the U.S. is that around 10% the total sale, not including shipping?
You want $500 for the figure…if you list it with a starting bid of $500 no one bids because it feels to high for a starting bid…it suggests to the seller that the price will go up and $500 is the bare minimum. The folks who are willing to pay $500 are scared off because they imagine that it will go above the starting bid so they move on and look for a figure that’s in the $500 price range.
To combat that, you list the figure for $300.
The right people miss the auction and at the last minute someone bids $300 and now you have to sell the figure to them for $200 less than you wanted to get out of it.
That’s why some are reluctant to use the auction versus the buy it now pricing.

You want $500 for the figure…if you list it with a starting bid of $500 no one bids because it feels to high for a starting bid…it suggests to the seller that the price will go up and $500 is the bare minimum. The folks who are willing to pay $500 are scared off because they imagine that it will go above the starting bid so they move on and look for a figure that’s in the $500 price range.
To combat that, you list the figure for $300.
The right people miss the auction and at the last minute someone bids $300 and now you have to sell the figure to them for $200 less than you wanted to get out of it.
That’s why some are reluctant to use the auction versus the buy it now pricing.

Makes sense, thanks. There's the risks of the scenarios you mentioned there, yeah.

Just do it. That is the only way it gets done. Didn't realize I could get rid of all I have but you just take pics and list it then ship it.

Thanks. To avoid the seller fees to eBay, I'm leaning toward listing on FB groups.

Thanks. To avoid the seller fees to eBay, I'm leaning toward listing on FB groups.
@jal76 is completely right at least in terms as to why I don't like doing auction style sales.

But yes, try something other than eBay if you can. So many fees that even if you do sell something for what you hoped to get, after they get their percentage from you, you're left with even less in your pocket. I used to sell with free shipping to get more sales, but had to start charging b/c of what eBay was taking plus shipping prices have increased. I only use eBay now to get an idea of what something will sell for and sell locally to a nearby shop. I've thought about selling on Mercari, but I haven't looked at what percentage they take from you.

Okay, I’m definitely going with FB groups versus auction.

If you were selling these figures what price would you ask?

BvS Battle Damaged Armored Batman MSS 417 - complete, displayed, condition same as new, only ever moderately posed dynamically for brief periods, in non-smoking/no pet/no direct sunlight/climate controlled environment, box in essentially perfect condition, batteries installed in spear and head sculpt (which is a PIA)

JL Batman Deluxe Version MMS 456 - parademon stand and blaster NOT INCLUDED - think of this as equivalent to standard JL version minus the blaster, displayed, condition same as new, only briefly posed in moderately dynamic pose for a short time, in non-smoking/no pet/no direct sunlight/climate controlled environment, box in perfect condition

For JL Batman I might sweeten the pot by throwing in an excellent knock-off of the Eleven Batfleck 2.0 head sculpt, which I honestly like better than the Hot Toys stock sculpt.

Last edited:
Back